What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
Discussing "gifts' that the NRL makes and apparently the AFL doesn't make.According to someone who shall remain anonymous.

still waiting on a figure before I make comment,
and yes it’s a gift, we were contracted, we gifted them a better deal.

taipan

Referee
still waiting on a figure before I make comment,
and yes it’s a gift, we were contracted, we gifted them a better deal.

Oh please that's p*ssweak.A cut's a cut.
Whatever the AFL cut is ,according to your theories it wont be a "gift" but a good deal.We gifted them nothing, they paid for whatever we offered. in totally different economic circumstances.
We negotiated a deal ,like any deals there are give and takes on both sides making allowances and they did likewise, in the case of Fox getting a better deal from 2023-2027.
It was done in a situation the code has never been involved in before nor our economy, yet you can't see it.And continue to ignore the fact.Can't take you seriously.

Back to ratings lol
Well don't take the thread off topic with your anti PVL crap.

well to know that we would have to have a fta partner willing to promote the game and actually put it on wouldnt we? If I was giving g them a $100million gift this is the least I would have asked of them. Does Vlandys know we have a club in Melbourne?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rd4
Thursday
Ch9 Broncos v Roosters 342k (metro) ?regional
STV Broncos v Roosters 216k
https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-june-4-masterchef-and-callum-lead-channel-to-demo-1/

Friday
STV Panthers v Warriors 202,000
Ch9 Storm v Souths 713,000 (Metro 450,000 Regional 263,000) (Sydney 206,000 Melbourne 96,000 Brisbane 120,000)
STV Storm v Souths 299,000
https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-friday-june-5-2020/

Saturday
STV Cowboys v sharks 303k
STV Eels v seaeagles 295k
https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-saturday-june-6-2020/

Sunday
Ch9 Raiders v Knights 519,000 (metro 301,000 regional 218,000)
STV Raiders v Knights 248k
STV Titans v Tigers 226k

Monday STV Bulldogs v Dragons 226k
https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-june-8-big-brother-2020-sees-seven-back-in-business/

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Interesting the crappest fan attendance spots rated worst on STV!

Thursday is a weird case. Whilst I had fun I’m not sure the wider fan base is that interested in watching the roosters thrash someone by 50.

Good Sunday ratings IMO though I thought regionals might be higher with the teams involved.

Seems as though ratings are pretty normal. Curious to see how the AFL compare.

T-Boon

Coach
Wow - that's huge from AFL.
It hurts the NRL numbers that Brisbane RL football is such utter garbage at the moment. I expect the Lions will get bigger crowds than the Broncos when things open up this season.
Broncos wasteful dominance of the Brisbane RL market over the last 20 years has been a crime. Killing off its competition etc. We need a second Brisbane team starting 2021.

T-Boon

Coach
Has that ever happened before? If not I would be pretty skeptical of those ratings...

Its believable numbers because it is the first game back for AFL. Those crazed fans have been starving so they all would have watched. The media coverage and promotion would have been huge.

Its believable numbers because it is the first game back for AFL. Those crazed fans have been starving so they all would have watched. The media coverage and promotion would have been huge.

Exactly, just like the ratings were for the first NRL game back.

mongoose

Coach
Wow - that's huge from AFL.
It hurts the NRL numbers that Brisbane RL football is such utter garbage at the moment. I expect the Lions will get bigger crowds than the Broncos when things open up this season.
Broncos wasteful dominance of the Brisbane RL market over the last 20 years has been a crime. Killing off its competition etc. We need a second Brisbane team starting 2021.

Yeah those metro numbers for the NRL game are very poor.... there must have been less than 100k in sydney watching on Ch 9. . But you know, Perth is a waste of time and we need 9 sydney clubs etc...

Latest posts