What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

flippikat

Bench
5851200564f0a0121a714eb9a56f0036

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/d4f90fc50a7ddcffcb90e2f426885fb0

Too close to the Tiges and the purpley blue just doesn't fit with the orange. I get that they are playing for the east tigers heritage but a new colourway would be needed.

keep the orange for the fire/tigers and maybe team it up with a medium blue ?

I *love* it! If Wests Ashfield don't wanna use orange as a primary colour in the Wests Tigers jerseys (for whatever reason), then it's fair game for an expansion team to use it as THEIR primary colour in their home jersey. It still means only two clubs feature orange in their colours, anyway..

I'd keep the blue dark or royal blue.. certainly stay away from navy, and blue with black looks fine. And make sure the orange stays orange. It looks a slightly more sandy tone than the Tigers orange (which is ok), but I wouldn't want it any more sandy or burnt-orange than that.

The tone of orange hits the right balance between being bold and not being too cartoony.

If you wanna see what I mean by 'cartoony', check out the blue/orange/white short-lived 'Central Vikings' rugby team (Hawkes Bay/Manawatu merger) that existed in NZ RU for a few seasons...

images

flippikat

Bench
I agree that it is too close to the Tigers.

But here are two concepts I just put together anyway

njNyXYe.jpg

BFFChiu.jpg

I like the raglan-style shoulders, not sure on the thin Vs, and the orange tone is veering a little too close towards gold imo (the shade in the Fox mockup was spot-on).

With a deeper orange and thicker Vs, I think it's a winner

Craegus

Juniors
I like the raglan-style shoulders, not sure on the thin Vs, and the orange tone is veering a little too close towards gold imo (the shade in the Fox mockup was spot-on).

With a deeper orange and thicker Vs, I think it's a winner

The orange I used was from the Easts Tigers logo. I tried to keep it lighter to avoid similarities to the Wests Tigers orange.

The V's are also based on the current Easts Tigers jerseys. So basically I replicated the current designs with new colours, but changed the shoulder colours to make the design less orange.

kdalymc

Bench
YeAh sIcK LeTs AdD AnOtHeR bLuE tEaM tO tHe NrL ABSOULTE f**kEN DICKHEADS

The name sucks just as much

GAZF

First Grade
shrug.
Both bids have been majority blue with gold or yellow. I can count on 4 hands how many NRL teams already have these colours.
It would be a shame if we did have another blue/gold team in the league. But it's not worth being the Perth Red of team colours every time blue/gold is mentioned. Especially when there is still a ways to go before everything is set in stone. Remember when the gold coast were going to wear teal and orange?

myrrh ken

First Grade
images (1).jpeg

More brown less blue like this. I mean thats the colour of the birds.

In fact just call them the brisbane browns even

kdalymc

Bench
yeah anything that doesnt look like half the comp. and yeah i lold at the BLUE to match the water, there is a reason our rivers nickname is the Brown Snake, so brown might actually fit

flippikat

Bench
shrug.
Both bids have been majority blue with gold or yellow. I can count on 4 hands how many NRL teams already have these colours.

That's why I'm saying the colours need to be ORANGE with royal/mid blue (eg bulldogs/parra) AND white and/or black.

Yellow/gold shouldn't be a consideration. Even as a minor colour alongside orange.

Some of the mockups here veer too much towards gold/yellow.. it needs to be unmistakably ORANGE - then the Firebirds and Tigers will be the only 2 teams with orange in their colours.

The next team with gold or yellow should be Pirates, and that's gold/yellow, red and black.