What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Dragons drama as Tristan Sailor looks for exit

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Our current NRL wingers Pereira and Ravalawa have blatant flaws. I would rate Ramsey, Saab, Sailor, Sauni-Esau and Gillard in that order as better wingers as they are faster, more elusive and have more secure hands. The Dragons have clowns as selectors, because the wing selections represent a death wish!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I can stomach losing every game this season, I can even stomach Mary for the season. What I can’t stomach is losing anymore players. As saints fans hope for the future is all we really have or have had for 10 years. There is always that feeling that at some stage the stars will align and a golden generation will emerge at the same time as we jag a decent coach and few astute signings around what we have. Even that dream is fast slipping away. Very hard to support a team when the hope is gone.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The board made the decision to keep Mary, so what else can the young punk do?

Latimore wants overs to come back.
I wouldn’t blame Sailor at all, he was offered 1 year and doesn’t seem to have any clear path to a permanent spot with us. Saab on the other hand he will definitely get a run this year. Rava can’t be too far away from an absolute shocker.

I wouldn’t blame Sailor at all, he was offered 1 year and doesn’t seem to have any clear path to a permanent spot with us. Saab on the other hand he will definitely get a run this year. Rava can’t be too far away from...

I see him as a player of the future.

If the current squad can’t win, I think i think it must be open slather with the youth. 2020 is done and dusted.

Ben Hunt and Corey Norman need a spell. They aren’t justifying their selection. Friz should come off the bench until he learns how to catch. Graham’s been pretending for ages. Vaughn is a shadow of his best. I’d be swinging the axe in the hope for a run home re-admitting the elite. Something to give confidence for 21, save the silverware.

Dufty and Aitken can ship out. Hosty needs a regular spot, how Saab is not in the run on side is unthinkable.

McInness should be your only rep this year. Us tigers don’t have any candidates!

When a team is losing under the current timid recycling program, I’d go for the throat. No threats, just scratch them. It’s for their own good.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Mc0 saga is not over by a long shot despite the Boards full support only yesterday
The board and players are now pushing him to a corner where he will have to leave on his own accord
I was thinking that Andrew may have come to an agreement with L plate hence the four weeks BS. Something along the lines of we’ll give you four weeks to drastically improve & if not you step down & save whatever dignity you have left or else clean out your desk.
That’s my happy little theory & I’m clinging to it.:fingers_crossed_tone1:

Banjo2014

Juniors
Another Tristan theory.

Fox reported that Anthony Milford is on the outer at the Broncos.

Jack Bird out with his second ACL - maybe Jack will apply for an NRL approved Medical Retirement.

Tristan with family ties at the Broncos might end up there at 5/8

Thinking out loud.

It's just a mystifying set of circumstances. Nobody doubts Pereira is whole-hearted. But having ticker doesn't make you a top-liner, it makes you a goer. Did Mary not see the try he crucified after getting the ball 10m out with the line open? He received kudos for almost scoring while being buffeted into the hoardings but I'm sorry, any first-grade winger worth his salt scores that try. He has no step to cut back inside late, he just goes to the corner every time, regardless of the space available and he doesn't have the size to hold off defenders like a Morris or McDonald. I'd love a dollar for every time he's been pushed into touch.

Then there was the try conceded after being outleapt. Now I give him marks for actually contesting most high kicks unlike some others in the team but he is a 50/50 proposition at best for safety. Playing Sailor is an absolute no-brainer. Ok, the kid is raw but he has pace, elusiveness, good hands, kicks and tricks. A natural footballer. Miles more upside.

Ditto with Saab and Ravalawa. It's beyond frustrating. It's poor logic and bad football judgment. Rav butchered a certain try with poor ball security. His handling is poor, especially taking bombs yet he does have a good passing game. He can be a damaging runner. The only suitable position for Rav in my view is centre. At least give him a go there. We are trying to win games with zero threat on the edges by persisting with guys like Aitken who simply cannot throw a decent pass to his winger. It was there for all to see late in the game against the Dogs.

I will be stunned if Saab does not start this week. Personally, I would rather he go onto Rav's wing, pushing him into the centres for Aitken. But Sailor too must be starting games too and Pereira must go.

possm

Coach
I can stomach losing every game this season, I can even stomach Mary for the season. What I can’t stomach is losing anymore players. As saints fans hope for the future is all we really have or have had for 10 years. There is always that feeling that at some stage the stars will align and a golden generation will emerge at the same time as we jag a decent coach and few astute signings around what we have. Even that dream is fast slipping away. Very hard to support a team when the hope is gone.
With Mary and Millward on board, we won't progress at all. In my opinion the spiral downwards will continue until they are gone.

possm

Coach
  • The Illawarra Club should be a feeder club for the St George Dragons.
  • Mary and Millward should be replaced for poor performance.
  • The St George Football Club should hold the NRL licence and it's members should elect Board members.
  • WIN Corp and Gordon shares should be put up for sale at the current market value. There decrease in value will be a clear indication of how far the new owners have dragged our club down into the gutter.
  • St George Leagues Club should buy these shares at market value and begin the task of rebuilding.

Nanadragon

Juniors
The telegraph states that Webb is trying to get or find a copy or the Gould review.
I will swear black and blue the review was never done.

I have been banging on about it for 3 days now. I can’t tell how I know but I have blown up about it since Gus blocked me on Twitter when I put it to him with specifics only he would know

Webb trying to get a copy but can’t I suppose cause there is none

Nanadragon

Juniors
I have just commented on the Telegraph story about this. This review, if there is one, should be readily available to the CEO.

Latest posts