What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I've been saying it since last year. JDB being at training every single day is cultivating an absolutely toxic work environment and there is zero reason for him to be there
Yeah who knows, one day the story will all come out. Maybe half the players won’t play if he’s not in squad and the other half won’t play if he’s there. Maybe what we should do is get cameras in the place and make a reality tv show, it would be a smash hit drama, maybe even pay out Mary’s contract. Another thing is Hadley could be talking bullshit, wouldn’t be the first time. With the fan base Dragons have in size and passion the media will love fluffing up these stories, the papers will roll off the shelves.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
McGregor needs to do the right thing
That is blood more talent
It makes no difference 're results now for 2020
It does make a.difference 're trajectory for our juniors to be more ready for 2021 and beyond

Free up money now 2.2m Pro rated vs season played so far.....but will be in full for 2021

Lafai 350k
Graham 400k
Dufty 300k
Sailor 150k
Friz 600k
Aitken 350k

These two below I don't know what to do??
One stays ?
Norman
Hunt

Mjab

Juniors
Only a rumour from my brother in law who has a mate who works at leagues club

Mary will not be here next year
The club has given up on results this year after this start
Hoping more poor results in coming weeks especially big teams will be so embarrassing that Mary will quit and they can negotiate a lesser payout
If not Mary will go half way through year to be replaced by either Young or Shep with Flanno pulling strings. No real chance Flanno in charge next year

There has been talk of Bennett but many don’t want to revisit this and there is no money for him anyway .
Main target coach is Fitzgibbon which I think is Ok but sadly also talk of Ryles as there are no good experienced coaches and these guys are ex dragons , had an apprenticeship under Good systems and may bring some good young players with them and much cheaper and longer term coaching options

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Hoping more poor results in coming weeks especially big teams will be so embarrassing that Mary will quit and they can negotiate a lesser payout
If not Mary will go half way through year to be replaced by either Young or Shep with Flanno pulling strings. No real chance Flanno in charge next year

There has been talk of Bennett but many don’t want to revisit this and there is no money for him anyway .
Main target coach is Fitzgibbon which I think is Ok but sadly also talk of Ryles as there are no good experienced coaches and these guys are ex dragons , had an apprenticeship under Good systems and may bring some good young players with them and much cheaper and longer term coaching options
That’s not what my mates brothers mothers dog that once sniffed Peter Doust’s arse reckons.

SaintPauli

Juniors

I see both Fitzgibbon and Ryles as different to boys club, as they both have had extensive coaching experiences with arguably the 2 best clubs of the past decade.

I would have either.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I see both Fitzgibbon and Ryles as different to boys club, as they both have had extensive coaching experiences with arguably the 2 best clubs of the past decade.

I would have either.
I sort of like it in some ways we are a boys club. I like that Reg Gasniers nephew, Slipperys sons, Craig Young’s son etc all chose to play for the dragons. But just like any intelligent parent would do you would send your kids to the best university possible before getting them to come back to the family business. Those universities are the Roosters and Storm.

Coffs dragon

Bench

I would have either.
I agree and they both have extensive experience both playing & coaching outside the Dragons cocoon.
They would both be ideal candidates and both have coached at higher representative team level as well.
Ryles might just be ripe for the picking as he is supposedly departing the Storm end of the season to take up the role as defensive coach for England Rugby Union under Eddie Jones.
The latest rumour is a Eddie Jones maybe coming back to Australia as the Sharks coach in 2021. At present, I don’t believe any Aussie would want to be heading to the UK with a young family and Ryles may have 2nd thoughts!

Crush

Coach
Fitzy would be the better choice...responsible for the roosters hard nosed defence...exactly what we need.
To be fair though, the whole Roosters football club is class from top to bottom. Everything they do throughout the club is spot on.
Put Fitzy in the SGI system and watch him fail and have his head on the chopping block within a couple of years.
We need a clean out from the top down.

getsmarty

Immortal
To be fair though, the whole Roosters football club is class from top to bottom. Everything they do throughout the club is spot on.
Put Fitzy in the SGI system and watch him fail and have his head on the chopping block within a couple of years.
We need a clean out from the top down.

Agree 100%...BUT is that really going to happen...I doubt it..............I would prefer an experienced coach ala Wane/Bennett...out the the young guys I think fitzy would be a good fit....unfortunately that's about the best we can hope for..a Bandaid solution.

Old Timer

Coach
The way this is going Mc Humptydumpty will be the coach of a 17 man roster before too long and of course he will still have JDB in his 17.

Interesting all the focus back on the JDB issue and Hadley saying 2nd last last year, last at present and all in the JDB saga time frame.

So if like egghead says not having JDB on the field is really the issue then he has proven in 2 years that he has had no idea of how to develop or purchase a suitable lock forward and has apparently now settled on Graham at 35 years of age to play just 25 odd minutes in a game that is speeding up rapidly.

Meanwhile we have purchased players that some weeks don't even see bench time and are now looking to get out.

As possum often says "It is a mess"

getsmarty

Immortal
Sydney Morning Herald as reported that Issac Luke has quit St George effective immediately and has joined the Brisbane Broncos

Heard on Triple M as well that Korbin Sims has requested his release as well

Thanks BIG RIG ... can you please supply a link re Korbin Sims........

Latest posts