What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

no name

Coach
Wonder if the two AFL players who got done breaking isolation and drink driving will get mentioned tomorrow? One was driving an unregistered car and the other left the scene to continue drinking.

no name

Coach
The world-famous fumbler did a complete Burpy Franklin by ploughing into 4 parked cars and fleeing the scene!

Where is that lisping gargoyle, Caroline Wilthon?!
They briefly mentioned it, but only while putting it into a question to James Graham about whether he is concerned for the welfare of his younger teammates.

taipan

Referee
They briefly mentioned it, but only while putting it into a question to James Graham about whether he is concerned for the welfare of his younger teammates.

Yep ,when Undercarriage mentioned it,I thought they would make an issue out of it, but no.Carefully deflected the incident, by suggesting to James G.with all the isolation going on ,the pressure on young players must be enormous.
The Vic media have been using the isolation problems as a convenient excuse, for this AFL player'smashing cars and alcohol charge.
Rest assured if that had been an NRL player, and the code or media had used that excuse, these Offsider clowns would have stated they are adults, it's a bad look and black eye for rugby league.

The sporting bias of the ABC ,is so friggin in your face, it's embarrassing.

Lol. He is saying that his BAC of .123 isn’t accurate because he had wayyyyyy more to drink after he fled the scene, so he can’t be judged on that.

Hahahah!

Ive got to remember that one.

1 point.

taipan

Referee
Lol. He is saying that his BAC of .123 isn’t accurate because he had wayyyyyy more to drink after he fled the scene, so he can’t be judged on that.

Hahahah!

Ive got to remember that one.

1 point.

Of course we know breathalysers in Victoria ,read triple the actual reading ,when it comes to fumbling drivers.
.04 let him off, you know it makes sense.

Never knew Andrew Bogut was such a dunce.

Doesn’t want sport to start again, with words to the effect of “people who own cafes will look at sport and say why can’t we open our business, it’s hypocritical”.

Huh????

The opinion of a bloke who’s career is effectively over, who’s a multimillionaire from the benefits sport has afforded him...

A-grade Muppet

upload_2020-4-19_11-12-31.jpeg

(and yes I know Big Bird was Sesame Street..)

Incorrect

Coach
View attachment 37670

I just hope to God above that there is another episode of Offsiders broadcast tomorrow morning. I think we can all agree just how much of a difference it makes to each and every one of our communities. I shudder to think what I would do if I didn’t have Smelly Underarms and her stubby little trotters on a Sunday morning telling me about some piss-weak women’s sport that I couldn’t give one single f**k about. How could I go about my Sunday if I didn’t know what Licky McCrumpet from the Adelaide Crows women’s team was up to? :expressionless:
Licky McCrumpet FTW

Lol!!

Bogut's dirty that the Kings did "the honourable thing" in ending their participation of the NBL finals, down 2-1 with 2 to play, only for the NBL to award the 2019/20 season to the Wildcats. FLMAO. Salty or what?

nrlnrl

First Grade
These stories are never good, but interesting to see what coverage it receives in various media. (including Offsiders).

Wentworth Courier
Former AFL footballer Matthew Shir charged with assault of Rose Jacobs
After her split with TV weatherman in 2018, Rose Jacobs found new love with an ex-footballer. But the relationship is now over and former flame Matt Shir has appeared in court charged with a string of domestic violence offences.

Gary Hamilton-Irvine, Southern Courier

June 10, 2020 4:03pm

An ex-AFL player who dated the former wife of television personality Steve Jacobs has fronted court charged with domestic violence offences.

Matthew Andrew Shir, 38, who represented the Adelaide Crows during the early 2000s, allegedly broke into Ms Jacobs’ home in Bronte in Sydney’s eastern suburbs about midnight on January 10.

He allegedly assaulted her and then damaged a fence on the property.

Ms Jacobs is the ex-wife of former Today Show weather presenter Steve Jacobs. The couple split in 2018 and Ms Jacobs later began a relationship with Shir.

She celebrated her 40th birthday alongside her former beau and posts to Instagram confirmed their relationship throughout 2019.

Shir has now been charged with serious offences including aggravated break and enter, common assault, stalk or intimidate, and recklessly destroy/damage property relating to the domestic violence incident in January.

An AVO against Shir has also been applied for.

The Manly resident fronted Downing Centre Local Court last week with his lawyer and no pleas were entered. His matter will be back before the court on July 30.

Shir played 11 matches for Adelaide between 2001 and 2002. He remains on bail.

gerg

Juniors
Let me start by saying that I know the bias this show has but it's staggering the anti NRL agenda. Last week they had a special hour long show so they could analyse the AFL GF and they spent over half of that hour talking about it. Today they spoke about rugby league for less than a minute. One of the guests congratulated Storm on winning, in her closing comment. There was one sentence dedicated to the State of Origin.

Let me start by saying that I know the bias this show has but it's staggering the anti NRL agenda. Last week they had a special hour long show so they could analyse the AFL GF and they spent over half of that hour talking about it. Today they spoke about rugby league for less than a minute. One of the guests congratulated Storm on winning, in her closing comment. There was one sentence dedicated to the State of Origin.
the'd rather talk about queefing then rugby league

Incorrect

Coach
Might as well post this here because Offsiders seem to claim her as one of their own, but I notice Lisa Alexander hit a dead end in her quest to become the first female in AFL coaching ranks when she applied for a job with Nth Melbourne.

She applied for a high performance coaching position, with the advertisement explicitly stating they were looking for candidates with "formal elite involvement in AFL", of which she of course has less than zero...

But wait... Peter FistsSimon was quick to quote her in his Saturday column this week where she opined that it was ridiculous to put guidelines on women being fast tracked to AFL coaching positions and expecting them to start at the bottom and work their way up (ie through merit!), citing the example that if you're CEO of BHP, nobody questions if they apply for a CEO role with Macquarie Bank even though they are different industries. Maybe...

But I wonder what she would have to say if Wayne Bennett applied for the Australian netball coaching gig...

Get over yourself Lisa. You oversaw an Aussie netball side that didn't win a Commonwealth gold medal... That was bad. Then they followed up by not winning the World Champs.... Double whammy. The 2 most high profile trophies in your sport that Aussie sides normally win with their eyes closed, they came away short on your watch. That's why you're looking for AFL jobs instead of still being in charge of the Diamonds.

Last edited:

Latest posts