What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling Podcasts

Big Pete

Referee
Check out the Cactus Jack episode from the Mikey Whipwreck and Jerry Lynn podcast.

Mikey does the best Cactus impression and tells a bunch of Foley stories that haven't been shared before.

On his latest podcast, Jim Ross let out that he’s in discussions with Conrad Thompson for a new podcast. No real details after that, but my assumptions would be it could be in the same vein as STW & 83 Weeks covering JR’s career, or as a conspiracy theory he could even become the new host of STW.

It was very entertaining, a mix of the greatest hits and some original stories, plus a Q&A. Bruce himself said the shows were a bit different to the ones in the US, as Conrad wasn’t there doing his thing.

Finally got the story of the Red Rooster and the Rolex, Vince McMahon and his weirdness (and only signing up with the WWE again knowing he won’t be involved in the XFL), more Jim Cornette, impressions, and more.

JR, on his recent podcast featuring Conrad Thompson, gave the full details of their new upcoming podcast. It will either debut next week or the week after, and is called “Grillin’ JR”. It will follow the STW/83 Weeks formula, but will also include Mid-South, UWF, JCP/NWA, WCW, SMW, and the WWF. Should be very interesting given Ross’ longevity in the wrestling business.

mackdadday

Juniors
Love that they have been putting STW mini clips on their youtube channel. One of the funny ones was Christian going back to TNA so that Flair could be put in the WWE hall of fame and part of the deal was Dixie could choose anyone off the roster except the Rock and Cena and she chose Christian because she likes talking with him about cats :D

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well, I'm taking public transport alot more, which means I can listen to more podcasts!

What are the BEST ones of the mid 2020s?
I like to hear anecdotes of times gone by, focusing on things from mid to late 90s, through to say mid 2000s

Any recommendations?

mackdadday

Juniors
Im listening to a mix of Corny, Pritchard and Conan and Discos show. Bischoff is ok but a bit dry for my tastes. JR is good but a little somber.

Well, I'm taking public transport alot more, which means I can listen to more podcasts!

What are the BEST ones of the mid 2020s?
I like to hear anecdotes of times gone by, focusing on things from mid to late 90s, through to say mid 2000s

Any recommendations?

top 3

keepin it 100 - probably my fav but not always wrestling focused

What happened when - Schiavone and Conrad have great chemistry and cover WCW, ECW and WWE.

Raven effect - not everyone’s cup of tea but I love this show. Again, not always wrestling focused but there’s enough in there

close follow

Russo podcasts - I find him pretty funny when he goes on rants. Much better than what he was on tv

Cornette’s drive thru - when he is just answering questions he is pretty entertaining. Can’t do the experience though, too political and his rants about the same shit every week (aew, trump) are tedious

something to wrestle with - probably up your alley given what you mentioned above. It’s still good, but I feel that Pritchard dials it in a bit these days, especially after going back to the wwe.

Jim Ross - pretty good. He has a very dry sense of humour but has some amazing insights in to the world of ‘rasslin

Arn Anderson - similar to JR, very dry but has so many anecdotes that haven’t come out because he only recently left the wwe after a long stay

can’t do/have given up

83 weeks/Bischoff - arrogant and get the impression he is talking shit most of the time. Not a fan

Stone cold - it’s fine and he has some good guests but he’s always been a bit too hillbilly for my liking

Edge/Christian - it’s popular but for me a little too sanitised

Jericho experience - again, has some really good guests but I find he drifts in to agendas/politics a little too often for me

Big Pete

Referee
Based on your preferences @Shaun Hewitt you would enjoy Something To Wrestle with Bruce Pritchard and Grilling JR. They cover infamous wrestlers, moments and show from that time period and they'll share the odd backstage anecdote or provide the company's perspective. 83 Weeks, ARN and What Happened When are similar shows, so you should check them out if you get a chance. I'd recommend the North Korea episode of 83 Weeks, it's a fascinating listen.

Shows like Talk Is Jericho and Steve Austin largely depend on the topic or the guest. Since Jericho is blacklisted from the WWE, his shows are more focused on AEW and Dark Side of the Ring while I haven't checked in on Austin in a donkey's age.

The Edge and Christian pod had some great episodes before Edge decided to get back into wrestling. The Brian Gerwitz episode in particular was great and he goes in-depth behind some of the zany ideas they came up with for the Ruthless Aggression era.

bileduct

Coach
I've listened to a bunch of stuff with Bruce Prichard and I get the feeling he makes up a lot of shit. There was one where he was talking about a tv skit with Jericho and Goldberg that went wrong so I brought up the episode of Raw and it went nothing like he claimed it did.

Jericho has confirmed the backstage stuff from that Goldberg skit happened on his podcast years ago. It may not be 110% correct for what happened on TV, but it is how Bruce remembers it being backstage. Everyone remembers things differently, and everyone has their own story to tell.

There are bigger differences between Bruce and Jim Ross though in their recollection of different events backstage. Bruce tells things how he felt they went down and how he interacted with McMahon being the 2IC, whereas JR is giving more of an opinion and his role as a more traditional employee.

bileduct

Coach
Jericho has confirmed the backstage stuff from that Goldberg skit happened on his podcast years ago. It may not be 110% correct for what happened on TV, but it is how Bruce remembers it being backstage. Everyone remembers things differently, and everyone has their own story to tell.
Bruce was up the ramp near the car, and the way he described it was Goldberg pushing the security guard out of the way, then later when Vince demanded they pointed out where the security guard was the cameraman Bubba Dean said "there he is boss!" and pointed at him on the replay supposedly standing right next to the door of the car. I've watched that skit and Goldberg doesn't push anyone out of the way, the security guy is not framed in the shot like Bruce claims he was making the later interaction between Vince and Bubba Dean seemingly impossible.

In the same episode Conrad says that car was already running before Goldberg got there which also wasn't true. You can clearly hear Goldberg start it up after getting in.

Last edited:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
So far I listened to Jim Cornettes interview with FTR, not bad.

I'm part way through an Eric Bischoff episode all about Scott Hall, because why not..

I've downloaded and got ready the following podcasts:

83 Weeks (Bischoffs podcast) on World War 3 97

Something to Wrestle with Bruce Pritchard - Royal Rumble 95

and a couple of E and C episodes - debating the wrestling Mt Rushmore and the one with Brian Gewirtz as recommended by a heap of people