What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Dragons drama as Tristan Sailor looks for exit

Nanadragon

Juniors
Let's not jump up and down about every player who threatens to leave.

Dufty rumoured to have a deal waiting elsewhere, so be it. I don't want my fullback diving in front of people, as he's to small and weak to run the prick hard.

Sailor has more a dig, but he's just a bit of everything and not much of anything to be fair. If his name wasn't Sailor he wouldn't rate a mention.

Saab on the other hand, yeah panic. Lock him up, he will he an absolute weapon when he develops.

The thing with playing hardball at the negotiating table, is you need either runs on the board or something special.

Tristan has neither.
I worry about his defence.

Nanadragon

Juniors
We have become a merkin of a club now - f**king titanic.. the problem has long been the Illawarra faction . Give us back our red and white V and f**k off back to your holes.. we have never been In a mess Like mess until we were forced in this merger.. time to pull the pin!
Agree agree agree!

Dragonsamy

Bench
Yes Mary will be gone but hopefully the damage isn't terminal in regards to losing all the talented juniors that we've already lost and more looking for the door and a player exit.
The quicker Mary goes quicker we can start the healing , but why we still have imbeciles in charge of the board I can't see it happening

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
It's just a mystifying set of circumstances. Nobody doubts Pereira is whole-hearted. But having ticker doesn't make you a top-liner, it makes you a goer. Did Mary not see the try he crucified after getting the ball 10m out with the line open? He received kudos for almost scoring while being buffeted into the hoardings but I'm sorry, any first-grade winger worth his salt scores that try. He has no step to cut back inside late, he just goes to the corner every time, regardless of the space available and he doesn't have the size to hold off defenders like a Morris or McDonald. I'd love a dollar for every time he's been pushed into touch.

Then there was the try conceded after being outleapt. Now I give him marks for actually contesting most high kicks unlike some others in the team but he is a 50/50 proposition at best for safety. Playing Sailor is an absolute no-brainer. Ok, the kid is raw but he has pace, elusiveness, good hands, kicks and tricks. A natural footballer. Miles more upside.

Ditto with Saab and Ravalawa. It's beyond frustrating. It's poor logic and bad football judgment. Rav butchered a certain try with poor ball security. His handling is poor, especially taking bombs yet he does have a good passing game. He can be a damaging runner. The only suitable position for Rav in my view is centre. At least give him a go there. We are trying to win games with zero threat on the edges by persisting with guys like Aitken who simply cannot throw a decent pass to his winger. It was there for all to see late in the game against the Dogs.

I will be stunned if Saab does not start this week. Personally, I would rather he go onto Rav's wing, pushing him into the centres for Aitken. But Sailor too must be starting games too and Pereira must go.
To prove your point you think Periera is not up to it....I think you are too harsh in relationship to that try and not giving credit to the speed of the cross cover defender and the angle he was coming at and where periera caught the pass on his side...stepping back inside would make no difference
He did the right thing pinning the ears back
And how many times he has been pushed into touch..you lucky to have earned $3 on a one on one situation
Dont compare him to lazy McDonald..he is where he deserves to be ATM
Morris yes I am still crying over that one we let go
We all agree re Euan but he can pass better right to left so he should of always probably of been given a go at left centre to prove us all right or wrong
Sailor would be a worse winger but should be given a go at 1
Saab to right wing..yeh Rav to right centre what do have to lose..another game!..(he probably cant pass left to right either knowing our teams skills training)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
To prove your point you think Periera is not up to it....I think you are too harsh in relationship to that try and not giving credit to the speed of the cross cover defender and the angle he was coming at and where periera caught the pass on his side...stepping back inside would make no difference
He did the right thing pinning the ears back
And how many times he has been pushed into touch..you lucky to have earned $3 on a one on one situation
Dont compare him to lazy McDonald..he is where he deserves to be ATM
Morris yes I am still crying over that one we let go
We all agree re Euan but he can pass better right to left so he should of always probably of been given a go at left centre to prove us all right or wrong
Sailor would be a worse winger but should be given a go at 1
Saab to right wing..yeh Rav to right centre what do have to lose..another game!..(he probably cant pass left to right either knowing our teams skills training)
I thought Pereira’s effort was damn good tbh, it just wasn’t to be, it was literally mm from being in a highlight reel. He’s been our most consistent back for me. Even that dropped ball where he rushed out I don’t blame him. The state we were in, if he scooped that up that was a potential 100m try there. I’d move him to centre, he played centre in Qld cup. Maybe move Rava over there on the wing and bring in Saab on the right.

denis preston

First Grade
Unless there is a complete turn around he won't see his contract out ...... That's my thought on it ....
See his contract out ??? I think it's a given that the best he can hope is 2020 season then the club waits until Jan 1st to sack him to save 300k ? Mind you three or four more bad defeats will really get the board nervous . Like i said before the only tactic may be one of embarrassment to get him to resign but with his best mate as chairman it may be vetoed.

denis preston

First Grade
I was thinking that Andrew may have come to an agreement with L plate hence the four weeks BS. Something along the lines of we’ll give you four weeks to drastically improve & if not you step down & save whatever dignity you have left or else clean out your desk.
That’s my happy little theory & I’m clinging to it.:fingers_crossed_tone1:
Same here ! Mine extends to that they want the extra time to get their new 2021 coach appointment put to bed !

hazzbeen

Bench
See his contract out ??? I think it's a given that the best he can hope is 2020 season then the club waits until Jan 1st to sack him to save 300k ? Mind you three or four more bad defeats will really get the board nervous . Like i said before the only tactic may be one of embarrassment to get him to resign but with his best mate as chairman it may be vetoed.
Sad to say mate but more losses the better , embarrassment for the board ....

rasaint

Juniors
Jordan P is a tough, strong and courageous player. He will bring the ball back hard and eat some metres. However, as a winger he lacks an NRL top wingers speed. I noticed his lack of genuine speed from the get go but like his give it all attitude.

In fairness, he was rounded up by Remis Smith coming across at him. Remis Smith would challenge Ado Carr for sheer speed, a temendous athlete.

For All the criticism he received Nene with his height and genuine speed would have got there. We miss Nene for his return hustles and metres to put us on the front foot ( he was good in 2018).

Tristan has talent and like all players is caught up in the lack of reserve grade football. It’s a shame because this year under normal circumstances would have indicated his level of NRL ability.

hazzbeen

Bench
Jordan P is a tough, strong and courageous player. He will bring the ball back hard and eat some metres. However, as a winger he lacks an NRL top wingers speed. I noticed his lack of genuine speed from the get go but like his give it all attitude.

In fairness, he was rounded up by Remis Smith coming across at him. Remis Smith would challenge Ado Carr for sheer speed, a temendous athlete.

For All the criticism he received Nene with his height and genuine speed would have got there. We miss Nene for his return hustles and metres to put us on the front foot ( he was good in 2018).

Tristan has talent and like all players is caught up in the lack of reserve grade football. It’s a shame because this year under normal circumstances would have indicated his level of NRL ability.
Just heard Nene signed with Cronulla ......

LINESPEED

Juniors
I was thinking that Andrew may have come to an agreement with L plate hence the four weeks BS. Something along the lines of we’ll give you four weeks to drastically improve & if not you step down & save whatever dignity you have left or else clean out your desk.
That’s my happy little theory & I’m clinging to it.:fingers_crossed_tone1:

Then ship him off to Bruce’s ‘Wreck Hill’ in Bermuda to paint the joint & do JetSki tours.

It’s also closer there for him to visit McCrone in Toronto

SaintPeter

Juniors
I wouldn't blame him one bit for wanting out. And wish him good luck wherever he goes.
Seems like a really likeable kid.
Its a sinking ship, that, when Mary is finally gone will still take years to right again.

Wittenberg

Juniors
With the form our halves are in he should have had a run here.
What you are saying is true but I think Sailor was always going to go at the end of this year once he completed his uni degree at Wollongong. Probably always was going to head North. What I am disappointed about is his attempt to leave immediately when the club is at its lowest. Mind you it’s a good move from his manager because the Broncos are desperate and they may be prepared to pay overs for a young player seen by some Brisbane fans as coming ‘home’. But it cannot be denied that our gutless Board’s move with Mary has probably made it impossible to keep Sailor.

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought Pereira’s effort was damn good tbh, it just wasn’t to be, it was literally mm from being in a highlight reel. He’s been our most consistent back for me. Even that dropped ball where he rushed out I don’t blame him. The state we were in, if he scooped that up that was a potential 100m try there. I’d move him to centre, he played centre in Qld cup. Maybe move Rava over there on the wing and bring in Saab on the right.
Yes I agree FCD and the combo of Rava on the wing alongside Pereira at centre could work very well. The other side would be Lomax centre with Saab on the wing - good youthful combination. I'd try Sailor at fullback as well. This leaves what to do about Dufty and Norman - so for a couple of weeks leave them out to see how things go.

Mary has quite a few options that he can try but he has always stuck to basically the same old guys in their same positions and because of his shaky tenure as head coach, he has got to win games and he could be scared to bring in different combos in case they do not work seeing that these games are not trials.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes I agree FCD and the combo of Rava on the wing alongside Pereira at centre could work very well. The other side would be Lomax centre with Saab on the wing - good youthful combination. I'd try Sailor at fullback as well. This leaves what to do about Dufty and Norman - so for a couple of weeks leave them out to see how things go.

Mary has quite a few options that he can try but he has always stuck to basically the same old guys in their same positions and because of his shaky tenure as head coach, he has got to win games and he could be scared to bring in different combos in case they do not work seeing that these games are not trials.
The good thing about those combinations would be all our passing attack seems to go left so you would have two powerful blockbusters out there. The other side we have two big tall athletes, with our lack of imagination in attack atm surely they can practice putting bombs up in between those two, bound to skew it off to one of them.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What you are saying is true but I think Sailor was always going to go at the end of this year once he completed his uni degree at Wollongong. Probably always was going to head North. What I am disappointed about is his attempt to leave immediately when the club is at its lowest. Mind you it’s a good move from his manager because the Broncos are desperate and they may be prepared to pay overs for a young player seen by some Brisbane fans as coming ‘home’. But it cannot be denied that our gutless Board’s move with Mary has probably made it impossible to keep Sailor.
If I’m honest I don’t see a long term future for Sailor here playing 1. Ramsey and Lomax (with more than 1 game) are ahead for me. 5/8 would be his only option and a future pairing of Sullivan/Sailor would not be beyond the realms of possibilities for me. With Brisbane in trouble it could be Sailors chance to jag a couple of year contract which we haven’t offered him. I would compassionately let him go. Saab on the other hand does have a deal long term and definitely has a long term future he just needs to hang in there.

Dragonsamy

Bench
The Dragons lack genuine speed. The only speedy players we have are Dufty, Ramsey, Saab and Sailor. The rest of the backs are pedestrian in speed.

You are spot on Dragon Revival
You would hope that they would have some professional sprint training.
We have some kids coming though with pace like Sullivan and the twins but still sprint training would help

boardlumps62

Juniors
Got more grunt than some of the forwards

Latest posts