What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

myrrh ken

First Grade
Maybe if the tigers actually wore majority orange, but with their black or white majority kits Firebirds in orange should be fine

True. But are you happy with these colours?
mining-nsw.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
You reckon its Broncoey?

All right how about a tealy-blue just for kdalymc
Severely underrated combo. But Aussie fans baulk at brown.

Its a pretty constrained situation for a new team in Brisbane, if they're looking to really set themselves apart in their market:
  • Light blue - too close to Titans
  • Dark blue - too close to Cowboys
  • Any other shade of blue - half the league
  • Dark red to brown - too close to Broncos
  • Gold - all Qld teams have it, Broncos use it as their away colour
  • Black/white/greys - fairly dull as an option and the Panthers and (usually) Warriors own that look
I reckon green, orange, or red are the way to go in Qld. Jets would naturally go for green. Redcliffe would go red.

Easts would prefer orange, but you could split the diff between red and orange with vermillion to distinguish from Wests Tigers and the Roar. Plus if fits the Firehawks branding well.

flippikat

Bench
True. But are you happy with these colours?
mining-nsw.jpg

The colours - yes.
The *shades* of those colours - NO

To reiterate what I've said before.

For the Firehawks jersey to work IMO it needs to be...
Burnt orange, not dayglo orange.
Royal or mid-blue, not navy blue

GAZF

First Grade
The colours - yes.
The *shades* of those colours - NO

To reiterate what I've said before.

For the Firehawks jersey to work IMO it needs to be...
Burnt orange, not dayglo orange.
Royal or mid-blue, not navy blue
Orange and royal/mid blue remind me of varsity football teams. De-saturate the blue a bit and we're in agreeance.

Reflector

Juniors
It would be a shame if we did have another blue/gold team in the league. But it's not worth being the Perth Red of team colours every time blue/gold is mentioned. Especially when there is still a ways to go before everything is set in stone. Remember when the gold coast were going to wear teal and orange?

Gold Coast should've stuck with the teal and orange even after dropping the Dolphins mascot. They had a truly marketable brand with those colours, far better than what they went with.

kdalymc

Bench
sad, apart from the name "Western" which was dropped, the colours, animal, and sun on the shorts/throughout merch was f**ken awesome..

i just cant see Firebirds/Hawks taking off at all. And we have the netball side anyway...
yep, its 10x better than the bombers, but they will need SOMETHING, which none of us here have nailed... at the moment they would come in and just be a 'meh' like the crushers were..

ComradePanda

Juniors
I've seen one on auction going in bids to upwards of $700 recently - possibly yours?
that was actually mine, decided to get rid of all my reds stuff and focus on the other teams i collect.

rumours starting to floati around that ISC are going to completely pull out of NRL and AFL as of next year.

its going to be an interesting 18 months to see what happens to all of these manufacturers who are struggling with teams turning away completed stock

sempmrh

Juniors
rumours starting to floati around that ISC are going to completely pull out of NRL and AFL as of next year.

All mentions of ISC being a sponsor were removed from the Storm website recently. I fully expect us to be wearing another brand next year despite there being (I believe) another year to run on our deal. ISC has been making strange moves recently - producing gear for teams but not sponsoring them.

I would like to see Puma producing gear for the NRL again. Their gear for their AFL teams looks to be of a fairly high standard.

that was actually mine, decided to get rid of all my reds stuff and focus on the other teams i collect.

its going to be an interesting 18 months to see what happens to all of these manufacturers who are struggling with teams turning away completed stock

Nice work mate..

Will be interesting to see how things pan out. And as a personal preference, I trust the new manufacturers move away from the hideous numbering designs on all jerseys these days. Dunno if that emanates from ISC or others, but take me back to solids please..

blue bags

First Grade
All mentions of ISC being a sponsor were removed from the Storm website recently. I fully expect us to be wearing another brand next year despite there being (I believe) another year to run on our deal. ISC has been making strange moves recently - producing gear for teams but not sponsoring them.

I would like to see Puma producing gear for the NRL again. Their gear for their AFL teams looks to be of a fairly high standard.
and bring back adidas, reebok, nike, classic, new balance, aswell

greenBV4

Bench
And as a personal preference, I trust the new manufacturers move away from the hideous numbering designs on all jerseys these days. Dunno if that emanates from ISC or others, but take me back to solids please..
im pretty sure the numbering standard is set by the nrl, nothing to do with manufacturers

jim_57

Staff member
sad, apart from the name "Western" which was dropped, the colours, animal, and sun on the shorts/throughout merch was f**ken awesome..

i just cant see Firebirds/Hawks taking off at all. And we have the netball side anyway...
yep, its 10x better than the bombers, but they will need SOMETHING, which none of us here have nailed... at the moment they would come in and just be a 'meh' like the crushers were..

What hits the mark for some doesn't work for others. Firehawks isn't too bad, not perfect to me but I see a lot more people liking that name than some of the alternatives.

For the record I'd go Brisbane Kookaburras playing in brown, white & light blue or just Brisbane Brown Snakes in Brown with white trim. As mentioned though Brown seems to be on the nose even though it can look cool as f**k. Also Kookaburras would probably get shut down by Hockey.

Failing that the Dark Green/Mint & Black posted a while back for the Hunter Mariners mock was mint.

Latest posts