What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erin Molan’s latest comments

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
A couple of thoughts here....

What Erin said wasn't funny but it certainly wasn't racist either. We take the piss out of all sorts of names from all cultures. Wayne King, Mike Hunt anyone?

Secondly, on the name pronunciation thing, we need to get over this. Yes, pronounce names as best you can giving due respect to the person but you can't expect everyone to learn the subtle vowel and consonant pronunciation from every language in the world. I'm regularly in South America and they pronounce my name the way it would be read if it were a Spanish or Portuguese name/word and I certainly don't take offense to it and demand that they learn to pronounce my name correctly. It is what it is.

nöyd

Staff member
I was in Bathurst for the 2014 race, on the Wednesday beforehand a lot of fans were milling around the HRT pits because Brocky's 1984 Big Banger was there for a photoshoot with one of the then current cars.

All of a sudden you could hear groans and cries of WTF from the mostly male crowd - some blonde had pushed her way through the crowd to the front to take selfies in front of the cars.

It was Erin Molan.

Most of the guys (me included) were like pfft! get out of the fkn way, where as some also pulled out their phones to get a photo with her.

Poo.

YoHadrian

Juniors
My understanding with Zelic was more that fact she would put on a fake accent to say the name, rather than that she was trying to pronounce it correctly, I agree her flak was over the top though. Considering pronouncing names correctly is big for the SBS coverage, as it was something Les Murray prided himself on.

myrrh ken

First Grade
A couple of thoughts here....

What Erin said wasn't funny but it certainly wasn't racist either. We take the piss out of all sorts of names from all cultures. Wayne King, Mike Hunt anyone?

Those names are actual names and its funny cos they have a double meaning.

Hooka looka mooka hooka fooka is made up and I guess its supposed to be funny because those Poly names are long and complicated.

The 2GB blokes make a mess of poly names all the time and mostly they have a laugh because of their inability to pronounce the names properly although it does edge towards not being right. She might have been trying to continue the joke here but got caught out.

T-Boon

Coach
NRL.media needs to get a few of the Islander and/or Aboriginal women who play in the WNRL opportunities in its media department. Don't leave it to nine. They just use NRL to progress the profile of certain media types.

Coparugby

Juniors
Farkin lol.

Paul Vautin has been taking the piss out of players' names for years.

Make sure you feel so aggrieved that you jump on that bandwagon now gents.
You still have to know your audience. That’s a given in the media game.

Vautin’s audience faded away, that’s why he’s gone.

blue bags

First Grade
About 3 people are actually offended by this. The rest just hate Molan.
she is over exposed , on way to many shows , tv, radio , give it a rest
NRL.media needs to get a few of the Islander and/or Aboriginal women who play in the WNRL opportunities in its media department. Don't leave it to nine. They just use NRL to progress the profile of certain media types.
thats right , look at 2gb, hardly any females working there, let alone indigenous , or colored folks
You have to know, and respect, your audience.

She totally stuffed up.
yes she should have known the listeners, she wasn't on Facebook . wake up Erin

another thing, mark levy was going on about a theme on live radio,
FAT WHITE MALES LIVES MATTER
like really . fair dinkim

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach

Latest posts