What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks TruSaint!

I think we as supporters need to make ourselves loud and upfront directly with the players, coaches, and club staff.

We should be relentlessly lining up at the doors of WIN stadium yelling to wake up and sack McGregor during their training sessions. I bet they are currently only hearing the gush of wind and waves crashing during their training sessions.

We should be waiting outside the stadium entrance doors when they enter and board their coach on game day. They should be hearing our pain while they are in their dressing room preparing for matches.

Sorry, I’m just exhausted with all this mediocrity and getting really desperate. I don’t know what else we supporters can do to help our beloved club recover from this disaster besides a boycott.

Fair enough and I share your frustration.
If after a decade of failure on and off the field, the board hasnt made changes, sadly protests wont do much. Mary should be sacked, but that will be a stop gap measure if he is replaced by a novice / money saving option. The next appointment is crucial in the clubs survival.
We are all exhausted mate.

piesplusreturns

Juniors
We need someone to do a Hungry, Hungry Homer.

latest

draco

Juniors
Alan Jones has an article in the Australian today on the plight of Australian Rugby.

He writes "I wrote in March about the Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist Viktor Frankl who observed: “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”.

So c'mon Mr. Gordon, bring in the changes you know we need and starting signing some cheques. It would be much appreciated.

since77

Juniors
A lawyer once told me that if you are good at contracts you pretty much include as many terms as you can to get out of it on your own terms and it’s up to old mate on the other side to find you out.

that is so true. I sold my business about 3 years ago and the solicitor I was using just kept adding clauses to the contract as it kept passing back and forth between us and the other party. We were astonished that they didn’t object to anything no matter how outrageous it was. By the time the sale was settled they owed me a large cheque and I owed them only a USB drive and a printout of suppliers and customers. It was almost literally money for nothing.
Maybe Mary has one hell of a lawyer.

Conflict of interest, I think, is the phrase you are looking for.
Obvious conflict of interest but what I mean by Ostensible authority is officers of the company that are authorized to make deals like the McGregor renewal.
If it was BJ, was it he that negotiated the terms and conditions or was he directed to do so by someone else?
Either way he was authorized to sign a one sided contract in favour of McGregor.
No exit or performance based clauses is suspicious in itself and not in line with normal contract negotiations conducted by other clubs.
Bleating about the cost of paying McGregor out after the event is also a red herring.
$1m is small change compared to the collateral financial damage that persevering with McGregor is causing.
The Board's decision to persevere just support what I'm saying.

Interesting table.
Farrar - 5 draws!
If 2-3 of those had tipped in his favour, his win percentage would have been better than McGregor.
But neither Farrar or Price were given the luxury of coaching for 142 games so it's hard to compare really.
The most pertinent issue is that The club's patience ran out after 60 games with Farrar and Price.
McGregor gets an armchair ride into the position of "longest serving coach of the joint venture".
God help us.

BLM01

First Grade
Can I just say didn’t McNoTry say only 2 weeks ago that these new rules we’re gonna favour our team and our fast players around the ruck and How well we scrimmage at training
we have scored 2 points since that comment
How would we have gone under last years rules?

Yes We won’t forget that you made the GF of the 9’s

George Dragon

Juniors
Interesting table.
Farrar - 5 draws!
If 2-3 of those had tipped in his favour, his win percentage would have been better than McGregor.
But neither Farrar or Price were given the luxury of coaching for 142 games so it's hard to compare really.
The most pertinent issue is that The club's patience ran out after 60 games with Farrar and Price.
McGregor gets an armchair ride into the position of "longest serving coach of the joint venture".
God help us.

Lost game % Mary 53.5% Farrar 48.3%

They must’ve included the byes in that percentage because in the last 2 years he’s % has dropped below price. Which is more concerning and has relevance for today

Last two year win % 2019 33% this zip.
In 6 last years only one of those years we have won more games then we have lost. And this is classed as a pass mark by the club.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Missus and I lived in Seatle for a few years.

Now we have a new country in the world - Nation 196 CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone). Antifa and BLM have armed guards and walls, they are extorting money from store owners and check ID's of all "citizens" (home owners)

The Forum should start our own nation around Jubilee Oval - of course we will take in the Leagues Club as well.- call it JAZ.

Who would you exclude from the Autonomous Zone?

getsmarty

Immortal
Disastrous season has Dragons on verge of implosion
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FmSBkH_e4otW2pi-LpZeSDFjaNO4%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
6 hours ago
Dragons Captain Cameron McInnes defends coach Paul McGregor
Exasperated St George fans have started a petition to break away from Illawarra and end the merger between the two clubs.

The two clubs merged in 1999 and, apart from one memorable premiership win under Wayne Bennett in 2010, have been largely plagued by mediocrity and under-achievement.

There is rumoured to be simmering tension between the old St George and Illawarra factions, which has reached boiling point this season.

The club is proving a disaster on and off the field, yet to win a game, offside with the majority of its supporter base and feuding over the future of embattled coach Paul McGregor.

Angry Dragons fan George Youssif created the petition yesterday and it is quickly gaining support, with almost 300 signatures online in less than 18 hours.

He plans to send it to NRL boss Peter V'landys once more people have come on board.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F8605b809-f416-477e-b0f1-bd9a0d9ed40a

Dragons coach Paul McGregor after his side's round three loss to the Warriors. (AAP)
"St.George has its own area is a proud team full of heritage and legends," Youssif said.

"The NRL will do all they can to help them.

"Give the 'Gong their own failed team.

"We've had enough and want change."

The petition can be found here.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/st-geo...97-4133-9dde-688ac8c9b54f?app=applenews#close

Missus and I lived in Seatle for a few years.

Now we have a new country in the world - Nation 196 CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone). Antifa and BLM have armed guards and walls, they are extorting money from store owners and check ID's of all "citizens" (home owners)

The Forum should start our own nation around Jubilee Oval - of course we will take in the Leagues Club as well.- call it JAZ.

Who would you exclude from the Autonomous Zone?

Banjo, I want your life!

BLM01

First Grade
Lost game % Mary 53.5% Farrar 48.3%

Last two year win % 2019 33% this zip.
In 6 last years only one of those years we have won more games then we have lost. And this is classed as a pass mark by the club.
As I said GD..since Round 9 2018...his rate.is 35.5% (and all against bottom 8 sides at the time except for 1)
Regardless of his overall result...is that not the most relevant stats to ponder on whether he is a credible coach and he stays. One of the worst records of any coach in past 2 years

As I said GD..since Round 9 2018...his rate.is 35.5% (and all against bottom 8 sides at the time except for 1)
Regardless of his overall result...is that not the most relevant stats to ponder on whether he is a credible coach and he stays. One of the worst records of any coach in past 2 years

The board is fully behind McGregor to try to fight his way out of it.

The terms of the statement were extremely strong and they have painted themselves into a corner.

They can’t turn around now and say they were only joking or didn’t mean it.

They are not very interested in stats. I noticed how they linked the players to the coach, trying to group them as one. They forgot to mention the players who want out, they grow in number every other week.

You’d think a new signing or three could soothe the fans....all they got was Suli vomiting all over his outrageous offer, to play for beer money under Des.

To be fair, the public nature of the rejection, helps the sack Mary forces.

Last edited: