What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Cowboys

Meth

Staff member
3- Nikorima
2- Green
1- Harris

HM- Taunoa-Brown, Tuivasa-Sheck, Blair, Katoa and yes, Hiku, despite a brain snap

morningstar

Juniors
3. Nikorima
2. Harris
1. Blair

JTB is turning out to be our most astute signing in an age.

Herb responded well after last week. Loved it when he smashed the “hammer”.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
3. Kodi
2. JTB
1. Green

I wanted to see Chanel but it's almost impossible to drop the halves after tonight. Thought Egan was good too in a distributive role, getting clean ball to the halves

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Some stats:

RTS - 161m
JTB - 158m
Hiku - 148m
Tohu - 144m + 39 tackles
Blair - 140m + 26 tackles
Katoa - 127m

Now do it next week. And the week after

SmashEmBro

Juniors
It's hard because players like RTS and Harris are consistently good, so when they're playing well it's kinda expected.

For me:
Green
JTB
Blair

I'm really enjoying the output from players with limited minutes like King, Murchie, Poasa, all offering something.

If Green plays half as well as he did tonight, and we complete as many sets we did tonight, we'll be competitive against most teams

sup42

Juniors
Any wins a good win for us this season. Stoked to be fair, but every game I think we are going to get pumped. Forwards really stood up. Cows were minus one forward but no excuses, we sometimes play three hookers so yeah no excuses.
Our forwards shut down JT. Gotta be thrilled with that kind of effort.

JJ

Immortal
3. JTB
2. Harris
1. Green

Didn’t see that happening, nice!! Pretty much everyone warrants a mention... not perfect but the senior players were strong and everyone was committed

Penrose_11

Juniors
3 - Nikorima
2 - Green
1 - Katoa

A real team effort. Could’ve given points to many others. Hiku’s hatrick. RTS and Tohu more than solid but that’s what i expect week in week out from our senior pro’s. Really impressed with 2nd 1/2 effort of Faamausili. Egan solid without flare. Blair no penalties. And did Murchie play the last 60??

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think we know what our blueprint is for a win now. It’s all about control and possession and getting a good start. But need to focus on the first two and not be too desperate to score early.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3. Green
2. Blair
1. Harris

Props to two guys who get a lot of stick. Blair especially has incredibly impressed me with his effort since the season resumed. I dunno what has changed but his attitude is absolutely spot on.

Reactions: Hov

Benek

Juniors
3 Green - excellent game control and kicking
2 Niko - finally the running game we’ve been waiting for
1 Blair - metres! tackles!

I never thought I’d give Blair points but that’s the best game I’ve seen him play in a Warriors jumper.

Really hard to pick three. Nearly the whole team was deserving.

Loving the massive efforts from JTB, Katoa, and the rest of the young forwards. To outshine JT2 was something special.

Matua

Bench
3. Nikorima
2. Green
1. Blair

We don't win without Nikorima's flair, Green played his best match in ages, and Blair had a game that reminded me of his Storm days. I'm still unsure how he gets away with so much niggly shit after tackles. When he does get pinged I'll want him hanging from the rafters though. ;)

Fanoua-Brown and Katoa also had strong games and Harris was Harris. Hiku and Herbert redeemed themselves for last week and this week respectively.

I saw Egan getting some love earlier in the thread - don't understand that, his little kick was good, but for most of the match he did little more than pass the ball 5m either side of the ruck. Defenders don't need to worry about him running at all.

Big Marn

Juniors
3. Nikorima
2. Green
1. Blair

We don't win without Nikorima's flair, Green played his best match in ages, and Blair had a game that reminded me of his Storm days. I'm still unsure how he gets away with so much niggly shit after tackles. When he does get pinged I'll want him hanging from the rafters though. ;)

Fanoua-Brown and Katoa also had strong games and Harris was Harris. Hiku and Herbert redeemed themselves for last week and this week respectively.

I saw Egan getting some love earlier in the thread - don't understand that, his little kick was good, but for most of the match he did little more than pass the ball 5m either side of the ruck. Defenders don't need to worry about him running at all.

X2 apart from Egan.
I feel the ball is leaving the ruck faster than it has been in the past which is helping players like Kodi and Green and our hitup guys. I agree he is not running much. ( i remember one dab) but I guess we are used to Luke when he chose to run. There were also plenty of times when Luke didnt do jack for a whole game. So on the whole i think Egan is serviceable for what we are trying to do.

Rich102

Staff member
3 Green. Old legs but best controller of a game we have.
2 Kodi. Best game he has played for us.
1 Hiku. Rocks & diamonds. But more diamonds this week.

Benek

Juniors
X2 apart from Egan.
I feel the ball is leaving the ruck faster than it has been in the past which is helping players like Kodi and Green and our hitup guys. I agree he is not running much. ( i remember one dab) but I guess we are used to Luke when he chose to run. There were also plenty of times when Luke didnt do jack for a whole game. So on the whole i think Egan is serviceable for what we are trying to do.
I agree with this. When Lawton went on our dummy half service was noticeably worse and attack started feeling muddled. Egan needs a running game, but he’s still doing his job well of getting the boys rolling up the middle.

JJ

Immortal
me too, Egan's service is good, he creates space... he's not Damien Cook, but neither are Lawton or Roache...

Matua

Bench
X2 apart from Egan.
Our whole gameplan seems to be the hooker passing within in a 5m space, either to props hitting it up or our halves, that's not sustainable and we'll return to the early rounds and last week of not being able to score points.

I criticised Luke for the times he did jack last year too.

Latest posts