What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

mxlegend99

Referee
By far our best 40 of the year. Crichton is insane at making space for his winger. That's vintage Dean Whare style passing. This week and last he has gotten Mansour the ball with no one infront of him.

But its defence that was top notch. Eels had a lot of good field position early on and we actually held them out. Iur pack is doninating... Aside from RCG who got one over on us by belting JFH.

martielang

Bench
Our back 3 has been superb under constant pressure & poor conditions.

Aekins might not be a rolls Royce but you’d struggle to find a fullback as safe as him at the back. Great positioning, great under the high ball & works his arse off. If he hard a yard more pace would be a serious player. The shit he cops is ridiculously unwarranted.

Our packs been sensational, Tetevano & Martin especially.

** I take no responsibility for Aekins making 14 errors this half.

Dave's mate

Juniors

Aekins might not be a rolls Royce but you’d struggle to find a fullback as safe as him at the back. Great positioning, great under the high ball & works his arse off. If he hard a yard more pace would be a serious player. The shit he cops is ridiculously unwarranted.

The kid puts in but we'd have at least another try with a fullback who could pass. Few times he's had overlaps and massive space on the right-hand side

betcats

Referee
By far our best 40 of the year. Crichton is insane at making space for his winger. That's vintage Dean Whare style passing. This week and last he has gotten Mansour the ball with no one infront of him.

But its defence that was top notch. Eels had a lot of good field position early on and we actually held them out. Iur pack is doninating... Aside from RCG who got one over on us by belting JFH.

Cried a bit for JFH when I saw that.

Good half everyone has turned up to play. Thought we bombed a big over lap on the right when Aekins ran instead of giving Whare a simple ball but Aekins is actually looking a little dangerous with ball in hand. Nath is a big in imo, really improves us with his kicking and control.

** I take no responsibility for Aekins making 14 errors this half.

He’s a good backup FB, but for such a key position you need someone who offers more.

No one is doubting the effort he puts in.

With crichtons hands & height of wager he’d be just as safe at FB as Aekins, and offer a heap more in attack. The only problem with making that move is we don’t have many centres.

martielang

Bench
With crichtons hands & height of wager he’d be just as safe at FB as Aekins, and offer a heap more in attack. The only problem with making that move is we don’t have many centres.

I hope you wrote that before he fumbled in goal.

We won’t agree.

The Kids playing very well despite his limitations.

I hope you wrote that before he fumbled in goal.

We won’t agree.

The Kids playing very well despite his limitations.

He didn’t fumble at all, it was knocked out of his hand. And I wouldn’t change my opinion because of a single incident anyway.

No one said Aekins isn’t playing to the best of his ability, you’re misreading the criticism.

mxlegend99

Referee
James Tamou needs to be hooked. Gutless defence leading up to last 2 tries.

Crichton is against a better player. No excuses for Tamou being so soft.

mxlegend99

Referee
Aekins is not safe enough for how non existent he is in attack. Safe 80% of the time doesnt eliminate being 0% threat. His mistskes cant be made up for