What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards isn’t much better, Ivan’s dedication to “safe” fullbacks is a massive detriment to the team. If we can’t get some decent attack going we are not going to be heavily involved in the pointy end of the season.
Everyone played pretty well tonight but realistically we are a good forward pack and a bunch of average backs.

Watch Edwards and watch Aekins. Edwards straightens up when we are attacking. Aekins crabs across field and losses the overlap. He also is following the ball

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm certainly not slitting my wrists over that one. A few adjustments along with that effort & we will win more than we lose. Nice to see Liam Martin have a strong game after his dusty start to the year. He was really good tonight. I'd also prefer Burton in the 6, but I thought Luai played a good game. What I think about the fullback has already been said.

kinghippo

Juniors
Watch Edwards and watch Aekins. Edwards straightens up when we are attacking. Aekins crabs across field and losses the overlap. He also is following the ball
Edwards is a little better than Aekins but he is not bringing much more to the table. If we are pinning our attacking hopes on him we are in for a low scoring season.

Fangs

Coach
When the opposition has 80% possession for 30 minutes it is inevitable that they get all the momentum and will score. No too many teams could have held out like they did. In the end it was the bounce of the ball and calls like the Ferguson crusher that cost them.

How'd you rate Crichton?

martielang

Bench
I’ve been critical of Martin before but he was sensational tonight, especially given his long lay off & having to play the 80 odd.

Would like to see Luai stay on when Burton comes on. Either move Luai to fullback or play Burton as a lock / roaming forward.

Panfa

Juniors
I said before the game if aekins plays we won't win we came close but I just knew he would stuff up at some stage.Tamou needs to find a new club he's slow as a wet week leota smashes him all day.Burton has to start at 5/8 Jerome can replace api at hooked when api gets tanked.Naden needs to come into the team for whare the guy does nothing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Nathan Cleary's performance anyone?

I thought it was one of his most confident first grade performances. He tried his hand.

I thought considering he hadn't played under these new rules, and no games for a couple of months. He did really well.

Exsilium

First Grade
If you rewatch Crichton’s misses, both times he’s turned his hips away from his opposing centre. That leads you to overrun or get turned around.

My grade coach always used to say “Hips flat, stops attack. Hips turned, get burned”

It’s just a poor couple of moments and he’ll have to learn from it if he’s to remain at centre.

kinghippo

Juniors
I’ve been critical of Martin before but he was sensational tonight, especially given his long lay off & having to play the 80 odd.

Would like to see Luai stay on when Burton comes on. Either move Luai to fullback or play Burton as a lock / roaming forward.
Martin was really good, he has been guilty of a lot of fumbles in his last few games, but he always bends the line.

betcats

Referee
I don’t think we played bad in the second half, it was just those bad misses from Crichton and two penalties during that six minutes that lost that game. We didn’t touch the ball from quite a few minutes before their first try until after their third, the we wrestled momentum back and probably would’ve won if the game went a few more minutes.

When we are dominating a game we need to come up with more than 10 points, it’s just not good enough.

GongPanther

Referee
3 tries in 6 minutes was very poor mentally wise. But thats the way it goes. Losing Capewell in the first minute was a big loss not only for our defence, but also as a roving back.

But Mansour...firstly he robs us of a definite win V the Knights by not passing back inside. Then he makes a dumb-shit choice in not to spread the ball out wide to at least give us a chance to score. The bloke is a complete fooking moron.

But on the other side of the coin, a 6 point loss against a team like Parra is very creditable. We'll get them on the return match to a full house at Penrith Park on 9-11. Now for next Friday's match V Storm.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I don’t think we played bad in the second half, it was just those bad misses from Crichton and two penalties during that six minutes that lost that game. We didn’t touch the ball from quite a few minutes before their first try until after their third, the we wrestled momentum back and probably would’ve won if the game went a few more minutes.

When we are dominating a game we need to come up with more than 10 points, it’s just not good enough.
Yeah we were the better side. Very f**king rare when im this "happy" with a loss

John Hamblin

Juniors
Critter got completely owned.

We now know why Hasler let Api go - he isn't a 70+ minute hooker

Tamou isn't worth 1/2 of what we are paying him

JFH is a champion player but always seems to give critical loose penalties away. Gotta cut that crap out.

Mansour - a beast running the ball out - super ordinary at everything else.

Aetkins - tries hard - an honest back up, but you can't have him as your fullback and expect to be a top tier team.

Kikau - dangerous near the ball and a hard hitting defender but is good for at least 1 knock on a game.

As I keep saying about this Panthers team - many of the players are good for that 1 critical missed tackle, brain dead penalty, or sloppy feet/hands a game. When the odd player does it that is a few errors a game.

When 1/2 the team does it - you can give games away and that is exactly what we did.
Are you a SUPPORTER or do you just like to BAG the crap out of a team who busted there gut against a huge possesion turnaround in the second half. Its easy to bag a team when they don't win. We don't need FAIR WEATHER supporters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts