What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread 12/6/20

Bazal

Post Whore
@Bazal @Happy MEel

yep agree,
Evans (29 mins) 85 m 21 tackles PCM 40 m
Peni (21 mins) 25 m 16 tackles PCM 7m

Both made one error, Jane conceded two penalties.

Evans offers way more in attack, but not a single human can convince me that Alvaro or Oregon don't offer more than Terepo.

Like, Oregon is a young gun and Alvaro is steady as shit. In a 21 minute stint Peni made zero tackle busts too, so that flimsy argument is dead. Even if he made one, is it even relevant in a 20 minute stint??

What a win! I didn’t think they had it in them. Actually previously, 99% of the time we would have just chucked it in. What a win. Brilliant. We were good for the last 25mins and that’s all that mattered.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore

Evans offers way more in attack, but not a single human can convince me that Alvaro or Oregon don't offer more than Terepo.

Like, Oregon is a young gun and Alvaro is steady as shit. In a 21 minute stint Peni made zero tackle busts too, so that flimsy argument is dead. Even if he made one, is it even relevant in a 20 minute stint??

I, for one, would have loved to have had Alvaro on in those final 20 minutes. He would have tightened up our ruck defence immeasurably.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I thought he was the best half tonight. A bit rusty but hasn't played in 3mths.
Lol. You’re clearly taking the piss. The merkin can’t orchestrate an attack. Wasn’t it you that was saying Moses needs to guide us to a win from 10 points down? Well he did it tonight against your predictable panthers half who is devoid of any attacking ability.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore

Terepo hasn't missed a tackle this season I don't think. He was on when Parra had little ball. He isn't great but does a job. Gower,Alvaro and Kafusi would do as good a job I think. Kafusi just lacks the defense but being the young kid deserves first crack.
Being KE is a bit eratic Danny prob does add a description then Terepo it Peni errors was more KE stupid pass on first in wet.

hindy111

Post Whore
What's your thinking now?

We seen the best 4 young halves in game imo. Moses defense on Kikau was amazing. I prefer he did not attempt field goal and just grind the ball up guts and kept them down inside own 2mtrs. Penrith suprised me but perhaps the wet was more an advantage to their sluggish backs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Terepo hasn't missed a tackle this season I don't think. He was on when Parra had little ball. He isn't great but does a job. Gower,Alvaro and Kafusi would do as good a job I think. Kafusi just lacks the defense but being the young kid deserves first crack.
Being KE is a bit eratic Danny prob does add a description then Terepo it Peni errors was more KE stupid pass on first in wet.

I CBF going through stats but NRL.com has Peni at 86% efficient. So he's definitely missed a few...

The problem with Peni for me is he has Jason Ryles syndrome. Right when you don't need an error, Peni will make one. He's also hugely overrated in attack and tonight I saw him shirk two tough runs.

Now, Alvaro has his faults, but has anyone ever seen him shirk a hard run?

84 Baby

Referee
We seen the best 4 young halves in game imo. Moses defense on Kikau was amazing. I prefer he did not attempt field goal and just grind the ball up guts and kept them down inside own 2mtrs. Penrith suprised me but perhaps the wet was more an advantage to their sluggish backs.
That field goal was on every f**ken day of the week! He just shanked it

Bazal

Post Whore
Cleary is a plodder....but at the same time I kind of feel like the club level plod makes him an Origin half, weirdly?

I'm not sure whether I'd pick him, but for me he's a relatively good defender (normally, he was AWFUL tonight), takes punishment, runs the footy and kicks well even when his side is under the pump.

He's boring as f**k but to steer a side in an Origin game I don't know that there's a better option? Then you put Keary at six for the spark (and the synergy of names, obviously)

Happy MEel

First Grade
Why not? I thought his kicking game was exceptional and it was his first game in a long time
You should need more than a kicking game as an attacking weapon to be considered for origin. You need to lead to take advantage of Cleary’s limited strengths. With Moses you’re in the game unless you’re getting belted. With his improved defence, it’s not going to be his fault you’re getting belted. It’s a no brainer for mine. Moses should be a lock at 7, Pearce and Keary battle it out at 6, Wighton and Turbo in the centres and Teddy at fullback. I can’t see QLD coming close to that backline, and we should belt them in the forwards with Hass, Klemmer and Jake in the middle. Throw in Cook at hooker and the only position they have an advantage over us is on Fififa’s edge.

Latest posts