What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread 12/6/20

Happy MEel

First Grade
I sure did, which you clearly know. Cleary was plod.

But he was plod cos he was boring and uncreative. His kicking game was fine. I don't get "Origin player" from Moses either.

All I'm saying is I weirdly feel like Cleary suits the way Origin is played (and refereed) more than he suits club footy. And the NSW halves options are good but not great. We've got until November to find a better option, which will never be Mitch Pearce.
I was more suggesting Moses can get teams out of tight situations. TBH I’d rather Pearce than Cleary.

I also think origin will be refereed differently this year with the 6 again, which will suit Moses.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
I couldn't say. Pretty likely it's just that there's currently no NSW Cup so it's hard to change a winning side?

Weird times. Alvaro especially will be fuming NSW Cup is cancelled, he was on a massive mission round one.
Alvaro not eligible now?

crocodile

Bench
Gus was so over the top in commentary. My God his back stories on every Penrith player is cringeworthy and his Nostradamus predictions are pure balderdash. He was spruking 200 words a minute up until the 63rd minute then he went very quiet. Please Nine, dont let Mr Ego into the commentary box when The Pennys are playing.
He is a pompous blowhard but his line about the sprinklers was quite funny.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Gus was so over the top in commentary. My God his back stories on every Penrith player is cringeworthy and his Nostradamus predictions are pure balderdash. He was spruking 200 words a minute up until the 63rd minute then he went very quiet. Please Nine, dont let Mr Ego into the commentary box when The Pennys are playing.

Can’t handle Nine’s coverage at all. Great call on Fox.

Bazal

Post Whore
I was more suggesting Moses can get teams out of tight situations. TBH I’d rather Pearce than Cleary.

I also think origin will be refereed differently this year with the 6 again, which will suit Moses.

Moses was good, for sure. And started to shake the downhill skier image. But he played like that vs Aints last year and then not really again, and I reckon Nathan Brown and Paulo coming back was more instrumental to the comeback.

Not to take away from Moses performance at all, but I don't think we win with Peni, Evans and Marata in the middle for the finish.

So it's hard to call Moses origin level based on that, is all. Cool thing is we have a whole season to pick a side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Meh.

I'm comfortable with where we are at.

Penrith have been very strong, but our biggest issue has been our errors, imo.

That, and Blake, and Ferguson, don't communicate in defence.

Stop making errors, calm down, and we can work our way back in, imo.
Good call. We were impatient in the first half and made it easy for them.

hindy111

Post Whore

False. He talked Blake up plenty and D.Brown. He also begged BA to get Jnr and RCG back out there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not Waqa's fault. Its a man on man situation and he had his man covered. Fergo is just jamming in for no reason causing the overlap.
I'd say he just didn't want Crichton doing to Blake what Blake did to Crichton. But you have to trust your inside defender as well. Last week he was worried about Blake vs Brad Parker ffs!

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Dylan Brown deserves a lot of credit. The kid is so composed it’s ridiculous. Got a dud pass from Lane, didn’t panic, trapped the ball and calmly took a tackle.

Getting sent to the bin for ten at the death was smart too. Took the best part of 15 seconds off the clock. After decades of brain explosions, this team is showing plenty of nous and ability to keep cool and stick to the plan.

hindy111

Post Whore
It was good to see Blake do something special. He has been average at best since arrived. The guy has the talent to be a top 3 centre in game.

MJ was hopeless tonight.
Sivo also makes some poor choices. He can be brilliant but has lazy games in him. There have been times I call for Taka to have his spot.

Stone if stays fit will make the 17 every week. I'm sure Goukd also wrapped him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Dylan Brown deserves a lot of credit. The kid is so composed it’s ridiculous. Got a dud pass from Lane, didn’t panic, trapped the ball and calmly took a tackle.

Getting sent to the bin for ten at the death was smart too. Took the best part of 15 seconds off the clock. After decades of brain explosions, this team is showing plenty of nous and ability to keep cool and stick to the plan.

He made 33 tackles. Penrith ran at him all night and he stopped them.

Also 100 run metres, some of them quite tough. For a 19 year old kid in the halves to be as tough and willing as he is, that's pretty special.

Latest posts