What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopeless

Everyone wants to get rid of Mary, yeah he should go, but let’s get serious half the team is over paid and underperforming.
We need to put a broom through the players as well.
Let’s be honest, we don’t do the basics right, when was the last time we moved forward in defence and pressured the opposition.
It is so boring to watch one out running for 4 tackles out the back play and a half assed kick on the last.
Gee it’s great to be a Dragons fan.
Everyone wants to win, you can’t win doing the same as everybody else, if you don’t do it better than them, which we don’t.
Here’s an idea, why don’t we try throwing the ball around and running in numbers in attack and moving up in defence.
Just a thought !!!!

merahputih

Juniors
Everyone wants to get rid of Mary, yeah he should go, but let’s get serious half the team is over paid and under performing.
Let’s be honest, we don’t do the basics right, when was the last time we moved forward in defence and pressured the opposition.
It is so boring to watch one out running for 4 tackles out the back play and a half assed kick on the last.
Everyone wants to win, you can’t win doing the same as everybody else, if you don’t do it better than them, which we don’t.
Here’s an idea, why don’t we try throwing the ball around and running in numbers in attack and moving up in defence.
Just a thought !!!!
Welcome to the asylum SA.The coaching job is yours.

Dragon David

First Grade
Everyone wants to get rid of Mary, yeah he should go, but let’s get serious half the team is over paid and underperforming.
Just a thought !!!!

I agree to an extent with what you have said. Mary's poor coaching in my opinion is not the only reason why we play boring, uninspiring and winless games. The players themselves can take some of the blame as they are lacking in many skills and confidence at the moment which requires their mental attitude to change and overcome many side issues that have been created.

A whole lot of things that we are not aware of has most probably crept into their minds. Possibly something to do with JDB, possibly something to do with Mary and his coaching ways, the "why am I not being picked in favour of this other person" mentality, maybe just not good enough, feeling the pressure because of the lack of wins, etc., etc.. There could be tens of reasons why we are playing badly.

Cam McInnes says that the reason is they have poor completion rates and therefore puts the blame on the players for making too many errors. Ray Hadley on 2GB says it has something to do with JDB being at the training sessions (which in my opinion could be right on the money as they have really not played good footy consistently since a few games after the start of the 2019 season when more dramas occurred in JDB's case - stand down, not being able to play in Mudgee etc.). Cam McInnes denies this is the case, but Hadley says that someone in the club has told him this...??.

We all know that Mary is not the coach that would inspire any team to excel as he does not have that ability. It is up to the players to overcome this and improve weekly on their own accord when on the field. Think about why am I playing the game? Do I enjoy playing? Can we put our heads together to work out strategies ourselves and use nous and creativity to make playing more fun? All of these and other things like these could help them.

The main thing is to have the players properly focused and interested in playing 100%.

RedVDave

First Grade
Mary needs to try something new and quickly! What he's doing clearly isn't working. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of stupidity.

possm

Coach
If Bennett was signed now, all would be well by the start of the 2021 season.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree to an extent with what you have said. Mary's poor coaching in my opinion is not the only reason why we play boring, uninspiring and winless games. The players themselves can take some of the blame as they are lacking in many skills and confidence at the moment which requires their mental attitude to change and overcome many side issues that have been created.

A whole lot of things that we are not aware of has most probably crept into their minds. Possibly something to do with JDB, possibly something to do with Mary and his coaching ways, the "why am I not being picked in favour of this other person" mentality, maybe just not good enough, feeling the pressure because of the lack of wins, etc., etc.. There could be tens of reasons why we are playing badly.

Cam McInnes says that the reason is they have poor completion rates and therefore puts the blame on the players for making too many errors. Ray Hadley on 2GB says it has something to do with JDB being at the training sessions (which in my opinion could be right on the money as they have really not played good footy consistently since a few games after the start of the 2019 season when more dramas occurred in JDB's case - stand down, not being able to play in Mudgee etc.). Cam McInnes denies this is the case, but Hadley says that someone in the club has told him this...??.

We all know that Mary is not the coach that would inspire any team to excel as he does not have that ability. It is up to the players to overcome this and improve weekly on their own accord when on the field. Think about why am I playing the game? Do I enjoy playing? Can we put our heads together to work out strategies ourselves and use nous and creativity to make playing more fun? All of these and other things like these could help them.

The main thing is to have the players properly focused and interested in playing 100%.
Someone from within the club rings and tells Mr Shock Jock Ray Hadley and it has to be true....
Or is it more of the same deflection off our beloved McAttack

Dragon David

First Grade
Someone from within the club rings and tells Mr Shock Jock Ray Hadley and it has to be true....
Or is it more of the same deflection off our beloved McAttack
Who knows? Everything to me is just speculation but one thing common to all of this is the guy called Mary. There are many who support him irrespective of his poor results and when you have an underperforming team, everyone cops the blame but no-one more so than Mary.

Dragon David

First Grade
Do you want Bennett or Flanno?
Somehow I think we need Bennett to right the wrongs of the past 8 years. Because Doust is still with us on the Board, Bennett will be able to do his own thing as was the case in his 3 years with us. If Tinkler didn't lure him to the Knights for 2012, I think that he would have been more focused on our team during the second part of the 2011 season and got us home again in the grand final.

Flanno does get good results when he is in charge a lot of the times but I can remember the time that we scored 40-20 against the Sharks in the early part of 2018. Flanno looked filthy. Mary was ecstatic, so was I.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Somehow I think we need Bennett to right the wrongs of the past 8 years. Because Doust is still with us on the Board, Bennett will be able to do his own thing as was the case in his 3 years with us. If Tinkler didn't lure him to the Knights for 2012, I think that he would have been more focused on our team during the second part of the 2011 season and got us home again in the grand final.

Flanno does get good results when he is in charge a lot of the times but I can remember the time that we scored 40-20 against the Sharks in the early part of 2018. Flanno looked filthy. Mary was ecstatic, so was I.
Bennett’s sitting 10th. Before tonight’s game vs titans he was 14th.

Souffs have a better roster than us.

Bennett isn’t the answer.

denis preston

First Grade
Bennett’s sitting 10th. Before tonight’s game vs titans he was 14th.

Souffs have a better roster than us.

Bennett isn’t the answer.
Muzz, the advantage with Bennett is he brings his people who know what they are doing with him so that culls some of the shit we have been employing the past 9 years. The Board stayed out of his way last time but will Gordon do so this time ?

BLM01

First Grade

Your kidding I was there at the game. Sharks were coming to get us until decisions went our way and a try of theirs was disallowed but then yes we did go on with it.
But Dragons game started to slide from there and Sharks finished Top 4..so who was filthy at end of year

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
With our roster we should be top 4.

Let’s go.

What’s the game plan?.....Oh yeah, 4 hit ups, NO OFFLOADS!!!!

Then kick somewhere, but don’t chase, let them come to you.

Don’t have any line speed, they will come to you.....

It’s been the same game play for 6-7 years!!!

The only time we look dangerous is when we play off the cuff.

Playing whats in front of them. We are so over coached by a bloke who can’t coach we’re lost.

Time to go out and play footy to enjoy footy.

That’s when the results will follow.

The calm one

Juniors
Just a thought !!!!
I apologise in advance for the length of this post.
This is the future man. Forget the name of the team, forget what kids and juniors you have, forget the pride of the Guernsey, that went years ago. Call the team whatever you like. The team with the best $$$ win. Next year, team Kia, Samsung, Bill Gates might win. I am not saying for 1 moment Mary is not at fault, he is the coach of course he has to wear the brunt of the blame. But honestly, please. Brian Johnston you peace of s&$t. You got off the titanic before it sunk, you gutless prick and you have the hide to call yourself a financial advisor. Peter Doust you were the CEO when we won the comp, now the shit has hit the fan, you sit on the board and say nothing. Two months ago I asked my desciples about our new CEO. Namely does he do anymore than unroll the morning newspaper and take the morning tea orders

None of my desciples replied and I have sine read his vision statement. I will cut and paste all the vision statements you like, just change the time and dates. What has he had to stay since.

In relation to to the Gordon's, yes they bailed us out. But you must realise it is not a bottomless pit, this is why they are millionaires. They don't dish out money for something to do. And what they paid to bail us out is a tax deduction to them.

This club is NOT a professional organisation. It is jobs for the boys and your realities. It is worst then Bullfrog, Canterbury, Hughes, Mortimer syndrome and look what happened to them. I will not blah on about this place but it is the same.
Yes Mary has to wear the brunt of the blame. So if he gets sacked after Cronulla beat us, don't put your party hat on because nothing is going to change. We are run by a bunch of reject dickheads, exp players, inlaws, outlaws and inbreds.
To Possum and your mates, unload this player, buy this player, buy new coach. You my friend and your mates are in fantasy land.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With our roster we should be top 4.

Let’s go.

What’s the game plan?.....Oh yeah, 4 hit ups, NO OFFLOADS!!!!

Then kick somewhere, but don’t chase, let them come to you.

Don’t have any line speed, they will come to you.....

It’s been the same game play for 6-7 years!!!

The only time we look dangerous is when we play off the cuff.

Playing whats in front of them. We are so over coached by a bloke who can’t coach we’re lost.

Time to go out and play footy to enjoy footy.

That’s when the results will follow.
I believe we are underperforming no doubt but I don’t see our squad as top 4 at all not even top 8 but we should at least be able to score a bloody try.

I believe we are underperforming no doubt but I don’t see our squad as top 4 at all not even top 8 but we should at least be able to score a bloody try.
What I don't get, I may be naive, is the salary cap. It seems there are have's and have not's. Roosters and Melbourne and others seem to recruit at will. Others nearer the lower levels of the competition don't seem to be able to. The English premier soccer league, don't as far as I am aware have a salary cap and the same four or five teams win every year. Does the salary cap work or is it being exploited? i guess no system is perfect. The Dragons certainly are not one of the teams that benefit by it, I suppose a player like Hunt takes up a fair chunk.