What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
I hope you are right. They are both off contract after next season which means they will both likely have clubs making offers to them in november if they havent been extended.

My guess is they will both get extensions. Burton will likely get at least 3 years and Laui probably 2 years. I think there both worth keeping given you need at least one if not two back up halves. Obviously, given all the hype around Burton his upgrade will come at a significant cost but I don’t think we are in bad shape cap wise and there’s a few players which may include Tamou/May etc who may move on.

Kilkenny

Coach
When you look at the 8 players we reportedly have coming off contract Aekins, Tamou, May, MWZ, Brayden McGrady, Dean Blore, Cartright and Ellis we may not resign any of them? Blore, Cartright & Ellis are on the fringes and probably need to look elsewhere for better opportunities, Dean Blore will not get a crack here, Aekins likely to be 4th in line by next season for the number 1 and rumours suggest Tamou want’s a 3 year deal which we are not prepared to give so there will be salary cap freed up for sure.

Last edited:

Kev07

Juniors
My guess is they will both get extensions. Burton will likely get at least 3 years and Laui probably 2 years. I think there both worth keeping given you need at least one if not two back up halves. Obviously, given all the hype around Burton his upgrade will come at a significant cost but I don’t think we are in bad shape cap wise and there’s a few players which may include Tamou/May etc who may move on.
Whom ever of Burton or Luai to get the fulltime gig for the 6,it would be certain that one will leave.
I can't see either resigning to play off the bench as a utility.
Either could walk into another club and get the 6/7 jersey fulltime.

Kilkenny

Coach
Whom ever of Burton or Luai to get the fulltime gig for the 6,it would be certain that one will leave.
I can't see either resigning to play off the bench as a utility.
Either could walk into another club and get the 6/7 jersey fulltime.

It is only a matter of time before Burton get’s the 6 full time. The club still needs to have at least two worthwhile options in addition to Cleary/Burton as backups. Jerome has a young family and could still earn good money at the Panthers even if only as bench utility or back up half. He is not a dominant playmaker so his value is reduced and I don’t think there are too many options for him, certainly not at a top 8 side. He remains in some doubt for tonight’s game with his knee injury so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested.

franklin2323

Immortal
When you look at the 8 players we reportedly have coming off contract Aekins, Tamou, May, MWZ, Brayden McGrady, Dean Blore, Cartright and Ellis we may not resign any of them? Blore, Cartright & Ellis are on the fringes and probably need to look elsewhere for better opportunities, Dean Blore will not get a crack here, Aekins likely to be 4th in line by next season for the number 1 and rumours suggest Tamou want’s a 3 year deal which we are not prepared to give so there will be salary cap freed up for sure.

Nope all won’t be re-signed

Kilkenny

Coach
Nope all won’t be re-signed

At a rough guess there must be close to $2M dollars from those 8 players. Tamou. $700K depending on who you believe and the rest would account for close to 1.3M.

Aekins, May, Ellis & Jed would I suspect all get picked up by other NRL clubs. The Dragons, Tigers, and a few other clubs have some big earners coming of there books so there is certainly opportunities for a few of our players who may not be resigned. I think the Tigers will be active in the marketplace given they will most probably not resign Benji, Robert Jennings, definitely not Chris McQueen who is on good money and a few others.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
At a rough guess there must be close to $2M dollars from those 8 players. Tamou. $700K depending on who you believe and the rest would account for close to 1.3M.

Aekins, May, Ellis & Jed would I suspect all get picked up by other NRL clubs. The Dragons, Tigers, and a few other clubs have some big earners coming of there books so there is certainly opportunities for a few of our players who may not be resigned. I think the Tigers will be active in the marketplace given they will most probably not resign Benji, Robert Jennings, definitely not Chris McQueen who is on good money and a few others.
We are going to have to replace them smartly if they go.We still need more depth in the centre and wing. Some fringe players like Matt ikuvalu from the roosters or sailor to balance out a new crop of juniors would be good.

Kilkenny

Coach
We are going to have to replace them smartly if they go.We still need more depth in the centre and wing. Some fringe players like Matt ikuvalu from the roosters or sailor to balance out a new crop of juniors would be good.

I’m sure the club has plans in place, that just the way things work. They’ll have three, four or more kids from the junior ranks who are capable to stepping up to fill the void and as always there will be fringe signings.

franklin2323

Immortal

We can get a few older depth players and have a nice rounded squad. The younger guys seem to be coming along as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.