What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

franklin2323

Immortal
He wanted out it’s that simple, and on the form he was showing for us last season it was a good move for us to release him.

Yep. It was more than hook that was the issue. The bad start last year allowed the clean out that was needed

Alintheeast

Juniors
I think the Six again rule will be our undoing, Penrith historically have always been out wrestled, out thought and sloppy in the ruck. It is disheartening to hear the bell sound and the opposition has gone from 4th tackle to zero. I might be wrong but I recall 2 Eels tries after 6 again calls.
I think everyone on this thread knew Waqa was going to score at least one try it is a tradition What really hurts is that he was probably receiving a lot more from us than Whare and Cricton.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think the Six again rule will be our undoing, Penrith historically have always been out wrestled, out thought and sloppy in the ruck. It is disheartening to hear the bell sound and the opposition has gone from 4th tackle to zero. I might be wrong but I recall 2 Eels tries after 6 again calls.
I think everyone on this thread knew Waqa was going to score at least one try it is a tradition What really hurts is that he was probably receiving a lot more from us than Whare and Cricton.

It suits us because we are fit and don't wrestle as much forcing teams to our level. It's why we were top 4 with the ref crackdown and dropped after they stopped in 2018.

Panfa

Juniors
It was no surprise to me our forwards were fatigued in the last 20 mins.We lost capewell early then we didn't use Burton till the last 10 mins of the game.So we only used 15 players for 70 mins it's not the 1st time Cleary has killed our bench rotation.Burton should have come on at 10-0 luai to hooker and api a well earned break.

WestyLife

First Grade
It was no surprise to me our forwards were fatigued in the last 20 mins.We lost capewell early then we didn't use Burton till the last 10 mins of the game.So we only used 15 players for 70 mins it's not the 1st time Cleary has killed our bench rotation.Burton should have come on at 10-0 luai to hooker and api a well earned break.

All of this.

Flashstep

Juniors

Yea Ivan loves to carry a guy on the bench that won’t play until the 70th minute for some reason despite the fact that the NRL have constantly tried to add more fatigue to the game. You’d think a first grade coach would realise how stupid the idea is yet here we are.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
Yea Ivan loves to carry a guy on the bench that won’t play until the 70th minute for some reason despite the fact that the NRL have constantly tried to add more fatigue to the game. You’d think a first grade coach would realise how stupid the idea is yet here we are.
I am happy to let the coach coach. If Capewell played we win. Keep going team. All doing well and will be fine-tuned as we go along. Proud of our side.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Logical if rhe player coming on i explosive as f**k. Peak Seg for example would kill it now. Trouble is the other 70mins

maple_69

Bench
I thought that was a really good game from our blokes. Plenty of backbone about our defence, good discipline generally and composure. Our two tries we’re well constructed through the hands and Cleary/Api control the game so well.
We lost in the space of a couple minutes on a rookie being schooled by a very good centre.
That was 140 mins without conceding a point.

Clearys bench rotation is a problem every week Keeping faituged players on to long
He continually plays it to safe .
I think he needs to start rotating some fringe players mainly fowards into the side otherwise
Some of our stars will be burned out before the season ends

Panfa

Juniors
If Edwards played on Friday we are top of the ladder on 9pts. Cleary rests him for this week now we are 5th and most likely get beat by storm and drop to 8th.

franklin2323

Immortal
Clearys bench rotation is a problem every week Keeping faituged players on to long
He continually plays it to safe .
I think he needs to start rotating some fringe players mainly fowards into the side otherwise
Some of our stars will be burned out before the season ends

Most teams are the same. No lower grades mean those fringe guys aren’t ready

Panfa

Juniors
It will be 22 straight games to win the comp. no NSW Cup. I’d rather come 8th with a rested full strength side then go hard and burn out
We finished 5-8 3 times under Griffin and where did that get us.Knocked out 2nd week every time it's too hard to win a comp from there.How many yrs are we gonna waste to win a comp we have the team to win it this yr we need to strike while the irons hot. As a supporter my aim is to win the comp each yr not try and finish 7th don't know about you guys.