What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warhammer/Warhammer 40'000

Pommy

Coach
Thin your f**king paints Superman.

Not terrible, but trust the dude playing Superman to play bloody Custodes.

Hey there’s nothing wrong with Custodes. Although mine have seen the light of day for getting close to a year.

Pommy

Coach
I've always been more partial to the Adeptus Militarum and Adeptus Sororitas, myself.

I only got them as they were the cool new thing and a very low model count army when getting back in after a 15 year gap.
Normally I’m not interested in the servants of the rotting corpse.

Pommy

Coach

Did everyone see the trailer for 9th edition. Looks to be launching in July. Not so keen on the new necron paint scheme.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I finally found paint brushes and glue here in Tbilisi, which means I might someday think about painting my miniatures...

Misanthrope

Staff member
No point in starting now, wait for the new edition or maybe the one after that.

I won't spend a dime on 40k until the day they stop putting 95% of their eggs in the Space Marines basket. Eldar are in dire need of new kit, with half of our range dating back to the mid-90s/early 00s.

Pommy

Coach
I won't spend a dime on 40k until the day they stop putting 95% of their eggs in the Space Marines basket. Eldar are in dire need of new kit, with half of our range dating back to the mid-90s/early 00s.

I think they’ve got much better in that respect. Of course there’s still a lot of marine releases but that’s their baby both in the lore and in their wallets.
‘Old GW’ did let a lot of lines stagnate and they’ve had their work cut out to go through and rejuvenate the lines. Whilst the eldar models are old as f**k they’re for the most part still decent looking models.
I’m sure they will get a new range in the next couple of years. Now Necrons have got done I think it’s only guard who have a worse range than Eldar. The tanks are all good despite being old as f**k but the infantry are garbage, Cadia got blown up years ago and those catachans are one of the worst kits they make.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The models still look solid, but they don't come cheap when most of them are still in the older metal format.

As a person who also collects the Guard, however, they're definitely long overdue an overhaul. We'll never get full plastic kits for the various 'worlds', since they have a hard-on for Cadia now, but it would be good to see the line expanded.

Pommy

Coach
The models still look solid, but they don't come cheap when most of them are still in the older metal format.

As a person who also collects the Guard, however, they're definitely long overdue an overhaul. We'll never get full plastic kits for the various 'worlds', since they have a hard-on for Cadia now, but it would be good to see the line expanded.

none of its cheap :joy:. Catachans have got a few limited models recently so there’s a chance they could get a do over.

Pommy

Coach
Anyone else snag a copy of indomidus? Seems to have been selling out rapid worldwide.
I have played a few games of AOS in the last month after a gaming hiatus, very much ready to play 9th Ed.

Pommy

Coach
Did anyone else get the new Marneus Calgar Marvel comic?
I’ve never been a comic person but I thought I would give it a go, I thought it had a lot of promise and will keep reading I think.

gUt

Coach
Never played 40k but I love the lore.

Played Dwarves in the fantasy setting back in the mid-90s. My mates were all cheating merkins tho so I didn't win much.

Latest posts