What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R5 Sat - Knights 12-26 Storm @ Central Coast

Round 5: Knights v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someguy

First Grade
The late penalty goal was a really bad call but the knights really need to become more of a ‘team’ to succeed. Too many times Ponga blew easy chances in pursuit of individual glory, I feel like if he isn’t going to be the highlight of a try he will cockblock and stifle the play

Misanthrope

Staff member
Knights deserved to lose that based on their first half alone, but that penalty was a slap in the face after we'd fought hard to come back.

Only the Storm and Manchester United get gifted penalties like that.

We deserved to lose, but man, we could have pulled off a win if the refs weren't wearing purple under their uniforms.

GongPanther

Referee
for f**ks sake! can we please have ONE f**king year where the storm arent flawless.... i mean like only losing 2 games all year.... its been 22 years of bullshit, the only time they didnt make the 8 was when they got relegated to last place for cheating!!
Not sure why bellamy always looks so stressed all the time... he knows his f**king team of cheating bastards are gonna win pretty much every game they play.... its just predicable and boring zzzzzzzzzz
It's not called cheating when you're backed by billionaires.

KennySterling

Juniors
If there is a more favoured side in the NRL than the Storm, it's the Roosters.

And how many GFs have those two played in recent years ? A distincy correlation, I'd suggest.
for f**ks sake! can we please have ONE f**king year where the storm arent flawless.... i mean like only losing 2 games all year.... its been 22 years of bullshit, the only time they didnt make the 8 was when they got relegated to last place for cheating!!zzzzzzzzzz

Except when Mark Murray was in charge in 2001 (9th) and 2002 (10th).

Make a lovely couple, Cam & Vonny, don't they ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If storm are intending to bring back grant as smiths replacement we should release Brandon Smith and let him be starting hooker somewhere. He’s far too good a 9 to be wasted as a replacement pack man.

Reflector

Juniors

Tasty. That's the Vonny I miss...

As for the game itself, like Manly last week the Knights really have to address first and foremost that they let the other team out to an 18-0 lead (even if it should've only been 12-0 in reality as the first try was a Storm Special). Their handling was terrible, completion rate was as poor as the Raiders last weekend. Even in the second half as they got momentum they played too razzle-dazzle: high risk passes on the 2nd tackle, that try for Edrick was a rushed effort and they could've played out another 2 or 3 tackles for better scoring position instead of going all in on a risky kick that (fortunately) paid off.

Aside from that, Storm were given an armchair ride again and were it not for that (and better completion rates in the first half) we could be talking about 2 undefeated sides in the NRL right now. Still if you had to pick between:

a) Losing to Melbourne in the regular season after playing your worst half this year and the Storm being gifted some handy calls, or

b) Playing Melbourne in the finals and knocking them out AFTER Cam has announced his retirement and getting to watch him slink off the field like a turd flushing itself

I know what I'd pick!