What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

WestyLife

First Grade
Edwards is definitely going to be back and I'm actually keen to see how he goes with the new style of game opening things up for a good runner of the ball like him. It's pretty well known he's the fittest and most athletic at the club.

Edit: I think this improves greatly

Overlap:

giphy.gif

Not backing up waits for next play:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Unless Edwards has been using Xerris nutritionist that second play ends exactly the same regardless of who’s at fullback.

You are probably right about that play but Aekins is still a reserve grader, this sounds harsh but he isn’t good enough to be even the 2nd choice fb the position is too important, we need a better back up if our first choice is going to be out for as long as Dyl has. Aekins tries hard but you can’t carry a fullback for that long who just never makes a play. He’s not a good defender or attacker and he drops bombs he shouldn’t, you can’t even call him safe. If it wasn’t for the lockdown we would had Aekins doing nothing at fb for a big part of season.

franklin2323

Immortal
You are probably right about that play but Aekins is still a reserve grader, this sounds harsh but he isn’t good enough to be even the 2nd choice fb the position is too important, we need a better back up if our first choice is going to be out for as long as Dyl has. Aekins tries hard but you can’t carry a fullback for that long who just never makes a play. He’s not a good defender or attacker and he drops bombs he shouldn’t, you can’t even call him safe. If it wasn’t for the lockdown we would had Aekins doing nothing at fb for a big part of season.

Look at Crichton when he played there. Very raw and new but the positioning was so much better. Laurie and Staines are even better

Dean Faraway

Juniors
A couple of faster and more skillful backs in attack will help things of course but I think the real missing link for us is a gun fullback. Edwards might be better than Aekins but neither are gonna win the big games for us. If we want to do some damage in the finals we need Staines or Laurie back there.

franklin2323

Immortal
A couple of faster and more skillful backs in attack will help things of course but I think the real missing link for us is a gun fullback. Edwards might be better than Aekins but neither are gonna win the big games for us. If we want to do some damage in the finals we need Staines or Laurie back there.

We are few seasons from having a squad good enough to win Finals games. Just get there and give the young guys a taste should be the target this year