What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Storm @ Central Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Knights v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Melbourne Storm 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
We can get away with our current edge forwards against 'like' teams and weaker rosters but the difference between the Guerra/Sione and Bromwich/Kaufusi matchup in both defence and carries was immense. When Klem and Dan were being smashed in the first half we got nothing from our backrowers. They did their best no doubt but that is why we need Frizzel type of backrowers if we are to be competitive at seasons end.

Herman was pretty poor as well.

The Storm, as usual, targetted our best players and nullified them easily.

Will be interesting to measure the difference Fitzy and Barnett make to us in games against the top 4 sides.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ponga can pass to his right from what I’ve seen - just not as well as he freakishly passes to his left.

I think he just had a brain-fade yesterday.

slotmachine

First Grade
A few beers in so memory not the best but I think ponga just got too excited and dug into the line when he needed to push across and engage the last storm defender.

Yosh

Coach
Short turn around for next game, is a worry, can we regroup, changes, Fitz and Jones to 2nd row, Sione to bench, Guerra rested and only to be used from bench if at all. Mann to be rested/injured Crossland his replacement, Hoy and Randall to fight out for 14, Ese’ese to move to bench, Glasby in.

I'm quite excited for the short turn around. I'm sure the boys will be hurting after that loss and will want to get back to winning ways asap. I bet O'Brian is giving them so much crap they want the next game to come asap.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm quite excited for the short turn around. I'm sure the boys will be hurting after that loss and will want to get back to winning ways asap. I bet O'Brian is giving them so much crap they want the next game to come asap.
And it’s against the Donkeys

Haffa

I think he was worried about an intercept
EaehymgUMAAR_yP

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Bearing in mind Ponga had thrown a pass like that about 5 mins earlier to Tuala who was hit by a defender and dropped the ball so maybe Ponga didn’t trust his outside man or didn’t read where the defender was properly. Obviously he should have passed it but I wonder if that previous situation flashed into his mind and he thought it would be better to hold it. Not making an excuse for him because it was a very poor piece of play but it would be interesting to know what went though his head at that moment.

Latest posts