What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
This bloke is the biggest joke to ever wear a tigers jersey.

He played 10 minutes and costs us all 14 points the Raiders scored.

Missed tackle for 1st try. Then gave a 6 again call that gave Raiders field position, then another penalty and sin bin, leading to 2nd try, then head high tackle for penalty goal when he came back on.

The bloke is an absolute dog and can't play.

Shame on Madge for picking him

Wizardman

First Grade
Im pretty positive that will be the last time we see Packer in first grade for the Tigers. Disgraceful performance.

macnaz

Staff member
Madge was hoping he fits in to his smash and barge game plan.. plan B? Is the big question .

Tigerm

First Grade
I think he is worth another shot, maybe start for 10-15m, he can certainly put fear into opposition.

It was his first game back in a year.

Tiger05

First Grade
he can certainly put fear into opposition.

Really ? I think the opposition would be ecstatic with joy seeing him out on the field assuming they are playing against him. His own players are probably extremely frustrated.

To be fair his stupid penalty was a follow-up to Twal's stupid penalty.

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
He actually didn't look as far off the pace as I expected. Horrendous comeback in respect to all I mentioned in the original post, but outside of those indiscretions, he looked better then I though he would.

Will be interesting to see how Maguire she's it

I’m willing to give him another chance based on the fact that he genuinely was trying but unfortunately everything he tried was detrimental to the teams cause ,but in saying that if that performance is repeated I would hope I’d never see him in a WT team again.

Tigerm

First Grade
Really ? I think the opposition would be ecstatic with joy seeing him out on the field assuming they are playing against him. His own players are probably extremely frustrated.

To be fair his stupid penalty was a follow-up to Twal's stupid penalty.
Maybe the wingers, not sure about the forwards, besides he's all we got:)

Wizardman

First Grade
I think he is worth another shot, maybe start for 10-15m, he can certainly put fear into opposition.

It was his first game back in a year.

Really?? Give him another chance in a shortened season where every comp point matters without reserve grade to find some form??? I'd rather Clark back (I can't believe I just said that...lol).

No way!!!

super_coach

First Grade
One thing for sure he will be on our books for another year chewing up plenty of cap space, because except for some A grade team he will not get any offers

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Was not ready for an NRL return last night and in normal circumstances he'd have played a game or two of reggies.

He is on $750k for another season after this. I think there is no other choice but to hope he gets back to the form he showed in his first season for us. We have so many young forwards experience is important.

The alternative at the moment is to pick Clark or Eisenhuth who are simply no where near up to NRL standard. Seyfarth is also trying hard but again not offering much.

The unknown

Juniors
I'd give him another shot. First game back he obviously had the jitters and kept f**king up.

If he puts in another performance like that though he needs to be cut

Me too but only because our other options are Clark and Huth.

If he wasn’t only 1 game back I’d prefer to start him because I reckon Aloiai loses his punch starting.

8. Musgrove
9. Grant
10. Packer
11. Leilua
12. Garner/Lawrence
13. Twal

14. Chee Kam
15. Aloiai
16. Mikaele
17. Seyfarth