What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Your right Reynolds is the man
He is all we can run with atm.

I’d love a big strong skilful bloke like Jack Wighton at 5/8, from the time I first saw him as a kid he had 5/8 written all over him and he has nailed it. Best 5/8 in the game ATM by miles. Love how direct he plays and he is a weapon in defence he smashed Lawrence a few times tonight.

WA Tiger

Bench
On a side note if Nofo scores that try before halftime we go into the break 8-0 potentially 10-0

It’s half opportunities like that we can’t afford to really mess up against good sides
I honestly think he did all that could be done to get that try...In the corner...he didn’t have the ball for long

macnaz

Staff member
He is all we can run with atm.

I’d love a big strong skilful bloke like Jack Wighton at 5/8, from the time I first saw him as a kid he had 5/8 written all over him and he has nailed it. Best 5/8 in the game ATM by miles. Love how direct he plays and he is a weapon in defence he smashed Lawrence a few times tonight.
Munster says hello .

Raiders are equal second favourite to win the comp, I didn’t see the expected blow out and the broad quality was much better v Titans.

It was an underperformance, but if we keep the hunger up, we will win more games.

We build on that or die this season depending on the result of the next 2 games. Pressure is back on big time. Destiny is in our own hands.

The unknown

Juniors
Raiders are equal second favourite to win the comp, I didn’t see the expected blow out and the broad quality was much better v Titans.

It was an underperformance, but if we keep the hunger up, we will win more games.

We build on that or die this season depending on the result of the next 2 games. Pressure is back on big time. Destiny is in our own hands.

We play Cowboys, Bulldogs, Panthers and South Sydney next 4 weeks.

All very winnable games imo...but consistency and WT Is unheard of

I think we beat Cowgirls and Dogs, and hopefully account for atleast one of riff or souffs

Shredder

Juniors
I think we lost this in the first half.
Despite the enormous defensive effort, with the amount of ball and field position we had we should have been up 18-0 at half time.

At 18-0 against Canberra at half time I give us an 80% chance to win that game.

There was no way we were going to defend that well again in the second half.

I just done know where our points come from this year.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Maybe I’m reading too much into it though did anyone notice early on in the game where Luciano Leilua forced an error, tried to gee everyone up about it and no one really went over to congratulate him? From memory he found Twal who gave him a very tame low five.

Divisions in the camp? Might explain the effort in the Titans game

Shredder

Juniors
I honestly didnt notice that.

I just wish he would stop pushing the f**king pass every time he has the ball.

I just done know where our points come from this year.
Based on their performances so far, we know where they were not coming from:
Jennings: terrible finisher it would seem but we know that’s not the case based on what he did at Souths.
Jennings/Mybe: Jennings gone but did the problem lie with Mybe?
Leilua: Been their long enough now, needs to pull his finger out.
Nofa: If only he was taller and faster.
Marshall: still the shining light, so is he still too fast (up top) for those outside him?
Brooks: Reminds me of Adam Reynolds except AR plays 1st grade because he can kick goals. If it was just catch and pass they wanted, Reynolds and Madden can do that (defensively though, we know what Brooks can do).
Lawrence/Garner: Lawrence to me is to slow now but if he plays it has to be in starting side. Garner just has to get his head together, he is capable but they need more than capable.
Other forwards: can anyone take a ball up, stand in a tackle and get a ball away? For all his faults as a club captain & leader, at least Woods gave them that.

Looking at the NRL stats, Tigers lead the way in tackle breaks and dummy half runs, to me, there’s something wrong with those 2 stats, what have they lead to? CT would always be sniffing around, Brooks should have been as well, Doueihi should watch clips of his old team mate Papenhuyzen as well as Teddy and Turbo Tom.

So I’d drop Brooks for Reynolds, Grub will always give 101% you know what you’ll get.
Talau, swap him with Mybe (during the game) to see how he goes, give him a go, what can they lose? Even let Mybe swap with Doueihi when in possession.
BJ, it’s time. Give him a challenge, run more metres then his brother.

What’s Mariko Koroibete doing these days?

Packer's stats as per NRL.com

12 mins.
1 hit up for 10 metres
13 tackles with 1 missed and another ineffective (the missed tackle was on the Wighton try)
1 sin bin (this lead to the Cotric try which was purely the extra number they had)
2 penalties given away. One was for the sin bin the other just a late cheap shot to the head.

Please Madge, let this guy work from home for the remainder of his contract.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I honestly didnt notice that.

I just wish he would stop pushing the f**king pass every time he has the ball.

Just saw the replay. It happened in the third minute after the charge down. I did notice that AD came over from the back however it was all really very subdue.

On a positive note at least we didn’t get pumped so the score line looked like a cricket score eg. 50-0.
Starting to think too that it’s time Brooks was moved on.At 134 games he should know how to control the team ,yet he is forever missing when the team needs direction, if he hasn’t learnt how to lead the team now at this stage of his career he never will.

simmo05

Bench
On a positive note at least we didn’t get pumped so the score line looked like a cricket score eg. 50-0.
Starting to think too that it’s time Brooks was moved on.At 134 games he should know how to control the team ,yet he is forever missing when the team needs direction, if he hasn’t learnt how to lead the team now at this stage of his career he never will.
Brooks is best running and playing what's in front of him, punt benji, Brooks to 5/8, get a halfback on market.