What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris

Craigshark

First Grade
Seems like a nice bloke.. however it’s time to f**k that nice bloke stuff right off and become a bit ruthless. We know you’ve had it tough John, you don’t have to point out what we’ve gone through the past 18 months as a club every time we lose a game, but there are some very alarming problems that are consistently continuing to occur each week that need to be addressed quick smart before your nrl coaching career is done done..

basic fundamental errors, Ill-discipline, no kick pressure, no urgency, slow play the balls.. I could go on all night

the team that ran out today

Kennedy - isn’t a first grader. I know there’s not many other options at the moment, but that’s it for chances. Shuffle the deck chairs to make sure he doesn’t play. I’d play Dugan at fullback next week.
Katoa - isn’t a first grader. Trys hard and again is only really there because there isn’t other options. Keeps his spot next week on the basis there’s no one else. Is replaced by Ronaldo when he returns.
Dugan - bloke would have scored at least two tries today if Moylan was fullback. I’d move him to fullback to have a big body there and throw Goodwin straight in here.
Ramien - needs to get more involved. Unfortunately doesn’t see enough early ball due to our halves being incompetent.
Hiroti - will eventually be replaced by McDonald.
Johnson - f**k me. Where do I start? At least he can create a try. He hardly takes the line on and when he does he always chooses the wrong time. Is obviously lacking confidence. I’d put him back at halfback and bring Moylan in to 5/8.
Townsend - I don’t need to comment on him. He can’t remain in the team. Morris needs to have the tough conversation.
Fifita - looks old and slow.
Brailey - is turning in to his brother. Looks scared to run? The slow play the balls don’t help his running game either though.
Woods - run hard.
Nikora - I think he manages to fly under the radar and escape criticism. He’s having second year syndrome. Needs to find something else in his game. Where has the hole running gone anyway? Terrible discipline with that shot on Clune. Lazy inside defence at times as well. Wake up or f**k off.
Graham - where’s the ball playing gone from the first half against the tigers? Why did he kick when Kennedy was in front of him? Why did he kick long with like 5 minutes to go when we were down by 8?
Rudolf - outstanding. Give him whatever he wants. Probably will end up going to the warriors.

Tracey - worst game he’s had for us, but he has shown enough to warrant his position.
Williams - leave him on the bench and play him as a prop.
Uele - looks slow compared to last year. Isn’t having the same impact.
Sorensen - cops it a bit, didn’t have as much impact today but at least he has a red hot go. Solid depth player probably getting more minutes because of the squad situation.

the new 6 again rule has been introduced and almost every other team has adapted. For some reason we still aren’t playing any eyes up football. We are running the same structured plays we have been for the past 5 years. Where is this attack we’ve heard about Morris being good at coaching?

anyway for the sake of it, I think Morris needs to do a Madge sooner rather than later. I know he has slim pickings, but there’s a couple of obvious ones that need to go.

azzah72

Bench
Bomber is in a terrible position right now and despite everything, I feel bad for him.

Handed an absolute shit sandwich and I think he's trying to make it work and did some good things with bringing up the newtown guys etc but he has 6 core players who just are getting pay cheques at this point.

I don't think even the best coaches could make that work, especially with a cap restriction preventing getting anyone decent so you could drop someone.

Shit spot for him.

Now there's eddy rumours, that would suck.

Craigshark

First Grade
I agree that Morris has been dealt some shit cards to deal with. however there are some glaringly obvious errors the team is making week after week that aren’t being addressed. This is a coaching issue.

snout

First Grade
Seems like a nice bloke.. however it’s time to f**k that nice bloke stuff right off and become a bit ruthless. We know you’ve had it tough John, you don’t have to point out what we’ve gone through the past 18 months as a club every time we lose a game, but there are some very alarming problems that are consistently continuing to occur each week that need to be addressed quick smart before your nrl coaching career is done done..

basic fundamental errors, Ill-discipline, no kick pressure, no urgency, slow play the balls.. I could go on all night

the team that ran out today

Kennedy - isn’t a first grader. I know there’s not many other options at the moment, but that’s it for chances. Shuffle the deck chairs to make sure he doesn’t play. I’d play Dugan at fullback next week.
Katoa - isn’t a first grader. Trys hard and again is only really there because there isn’t other options. Keeps his spot next week on the basis there’s no one else. Is replaced by Ronaldo when he returns.
Dugan - bloke would have scored at least two tries today if Moylan was fullback. I’d move him to fullback to have a big body there and throw Goodwin straight in here.
Ramien - needs to get more involved. Unfortunately doesn’t see enough early ball due to our halves being incompetent.
Hiroti - will eventually be replaced by McDonald.
Johnson - f**k me. Where do I start? At least he can create a try. He hardly takes the line on and when he does he always chooses the wrong time. Is obviously lacking confidence. I’d put him back at halfback and bring Moylan in to 5/8.
Townsend - I don’t need to comment on him. He can’t remain in the team. Morris needs to have the tough conversation.
Fifita - looks old and slow.
Brailey - is turning in to his brother. Looks scared to run? The slow play the balls don’t help his running game either though.
Woods - run hard.
Nikora - I think he manages to fly under the radar and escape criticism. He’s having second year syndrome. Needs to find something else in his game. Where has the hole running gone anyway? Terrible discipline with that shot on Clune. Lazy inside defence at times as well. Wake up or f**k off.
Graham - where’s the ball playing gone from the first half against the tigers? Why did he kick when Kennedy was in front of him? Why did he kick long with like 5 minutes to go when we were down by 8?
Rudolf - outstanding. Give him whatever he wants. Probably will end up going to the warriors.

Tracey - worst game he’s had for us, but he has shown enough to warrant his position.
Williams - leave him on the bench and play him as a prop.
Uele - looks slow compared to last year. Isn’t having the same impact.
Sorensen - cops it a bit, didn’t have as much impact today but at least he has a red hot go. Solid depth player probably getting more minutes because of the squad situation.

the new 6 again rule has been introduced and almost every other team has adapted. For some reason we still aren’t playing any eyes up football. We are running the same structured plays we have been for the past 5 years. Where is this attack we’ve heard about Morris being good at coaching?

anyway for the sake of it, I think Morris needs to do a Madge sooner rather than later. I know he has slim pickings, but there’s a couple of obvious ones that need to go.
Good point about madge.
Everybody loves the Tigs. Benji and freeflowing footy and all that.
They play hard and are nice guys but everyone knows you wont see them in the last few weeks of the year.

They got beaten by the worst team in the comp last week -Titans.
Madge comes out in the presser and says he is sick of the culture of the Tigs. The up and down. The fact nobody takes them seriously.
Says it needs to change.
He then drops benji to send the message.
The big name.
Gone.

Today we got flogged by the new worst team in the comp.
What will bomber do?

Hes already come out in the presser and done a seibold...lay out all his excuses why they arent winning.
And none of them had anything to do with the 17 blokes who played today.

Last edited:

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Good point about madge.
Everybody loves the Tigs. Benji and freeflowing footy and all that.
They play hard and are nice guys but everyone knows you wont see them in the last few weeks of the year.

They got beaten by the worst team in the comp last week -Titans.
Madge comes out in the presser and says he is sick of the culture of the Tigs. The up and down. The fact nobody takes them seriously.
Says it needs to change.
He then drops benji to send the message.
The big name.
Gone.

Today we got flogged by the new worst team in the comp.
What will bomber do?

Hes already come out in the presser and done a seibold...lay out all his excuses why they arent winning.
And none of them had anything to do with the 17 blokes who played today.
The tits will carve us up.

Craigshark

First Grade
Does anyone else get frustrated at our players for constantly trying to run over the top of blokes instead of running at the gap/hole? Is this an ego thing?

why do our halves get the ball and are either flat footed or crab sideways? Man I’d kill for Luke Keary to play for us.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
This is the first big hurdle of his career. The team list on Tuesday will tell us a lot. I know we have a couple of outs, but those halves can't be named again. That pack can't be named again. The time is now or we WILL come last. We are nowhere near it at the moment.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Said it before, standing on the hill at brookvale last year semi final time watching the rabble go to pieces was something to behold. Covid put the pain on hold but lean times ahead

fizman

Bench
Unfortunately, sadly even, the after game press conference has significantly changed my position on Morris.

He has been rattled by the rumours of a replacement Coach.

When we put in a performance like yesterday, I want to see Craig Bellamy fire and brimstone, not, “I’ve done a good job.”

The kicker for me is this, I think Bomber would be happy making the playoffs for the next five years without winning a comp.

Does anyone remember Morris coached a lower grade team where we won the Minor Premiership by 12 points and went straight out the back door in the semi finals?

In terms of a replacement Coach, I think Anthony Griffin has some unfinished business and could be a guy capable of a 2nd Premiership.

shaggs

Coach
So, John Morris developed an amazing junior development program where the teams made semis and won comps. (Matthews and ball once)
He then coached a record beating 20s team that went out the back door twoce with barely a whimper.
Where are all the players that killed it then? Flanagan is at the roosters, xerri waiting a b sample, Ronald was he one?

where is the rest? Scott at the raiders??

Latest posts