What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons To Break Away From Illawarra.

Old Timer

Coach
DUE HARD - watch John McLean rush to Wollongong hospital as Holly is due to give birth. See him battle traffic, windscreen washing junkies and cyclists whilst the clock counts down.
May this forever be tagged onto your hypocritical posts about others derailing threads.

You are the truly master of pedantry, stupidity and deflection.

BLM01

First Grade
In my opinion Doust would have to be the worst thing that ever happened to SGI. The deal with WIN Corp / Gordons' would have to be a close second. In time a deailed record of this event will be published.

Illawarra was once part of the St George system and received plenty of support from the St George Club. Same goes for Cronulla or Cronulla Southerland has they used to be known. These clubs seperated from St George with the encouragement of other ARL clubs with the aim of evening up the competition. 11 years in a row was too much for many of them.

St George did their bit when taking on the Steelers who were struggling in order to help the NRL reduce the number of clubs in the competition. So like with Balmain/Western Suburbs and Manly Warringah / North Sydney, there has been a big struggle trying to make these ventures work.

St George has done all it can for the Illwarra club even when it come to finding a new partner. It would have been more lucrative and benificial for St George to just go with the highest bidder. They just needed to call in the Illawarra debt and assume ownership of Illwarra's shares as payment in full. From there on we could have had an arms-length relationship with the junior clubs of the Illawarra or a direct relationship with the Illawarra club as a feeder club to St George.

It is clear that the Board chaired by Gordon is not acting in the best interest of SGI and by so doing, are causing this club to fail. The NRL should act to address this problem immediately by introducing rules that make SGI a club with the NRL licence and a paid membership would have voting rights at all Board General Meetings. I'd say this is the least the NRL should do in regognition for the support we provided to the NRL.
I am as St George supporter through and through although reside in the Illawarra
But unless St George have the financial backing of a rich powerful owner like Politis or a Gordon or a rich leagues Club like Canterbury Bankstown, Wests (Newcastle) and Parramatta they can not survive without the Illawarra region and potential players it provides. The junior comps have dwindled massively
The St George Leagues can not fund the side...who will..members..not likely
Even Cronulla Sharks as a stand alone are stronger financially than St George would be as a stand alone

I know it may feel like it, but doesn't this talk usually come out in the off-season?

This is our 22nd season as a joint venture. I don't think the joint venture will leave us anytime soon.

May work out in the lower grades, but not in first grade. Sadly, St George on its own, isn't as strong as it used to be.

(note: I am aware that my username is St George Dragons.... lol). But the JV isn't going anywhere.

Dragsters

First Grade
We don’t need to break away from the Illawarra region.
All us our supporters just need a clean break from the current useless Coach and give us something to cheer for.
A clean out of the Board of Directors would be the next priority to take us forward and not simply sink.

Totally agree.

Oh, and sign Shaun Wane...

Stat.

Last edited:
I am as St George supporter through and through although reside in the Illawarra
But unless St George have the financial backing of a rich powerful owner like Politis or a Gordon or a rich leagues Club like Canterbury Bankstown, Wests (Newcastle) and Parramatta they can not survive without the Illawarra region and potential players it provides. The junior comps have dwindled massively
The St George Leagues can not fund the side...who will..members..not likely
Even Cronulla Sharks as a stand alone are stronger financially than St George would be as a stand alone
Sadly this is very true-junior league almost non-existant.Its much bigger on the Cronulla area. Migrant influx has changed the St George area forever-theyre definately not NRL followers anymore

AJB1102

First Grade
I've taken unity with St George fans and signed.

If you wanna create further fractions and instabilities in your club and consign yourselves to NSW Cup who the f**k am I not to support you?

Stand as ONE!

#Saints2NSWCup

The calm one

Juniors
yes times have changed in dragons area, whats the future[/QUOTE
I apologise in advance for the length of this post.
This is the future man. Forget the name of the team, forget what kids and juniors you have, forget the pride of the Guernsey, that went years ago. Call the team whatever you like. The team with the best $$$ win. Next year, team Kia, Samsung, Bill Gates might win. I am not saying for 1 moment Mary is not at fault, he is the coach of course he has to wear the brunt of the blame. But honestly, please. Brian Johnston you peace of s&$t. You got off the titanic before it sunk, you gutless prick and you have the hide to call yourself a financial advisor. Peter Doust you were the CEO when we won the comp, now the shit has hit the fan, you sit on the board and say nothing. Two months ago I asked my desciples about our new CEO. Namely does he do anymore than unroll the morning newspaper and take the morning tea orders

None of my desciples replied and I have sine read his vision statement. I will cut and paste all the vision statements you like, just change the time and dates. What has he had to stay since.

In relation to to the Gordon's, yes they bailed us out. But you must realise it is not a bottomless pit, this is why they are millionaires. They don't dish out money for something to do. And what they paid to bail us out is a tax deduction to them.

This club is NOT a professional organisation. It is jobs for the boys and your realities. It is worst then Bullfrog, Canterbury, Hughes, Mortimer syndrome and look what happened to them. I will not blah on about this place but it is the same.
Yes Mary has to wear the brunt of the blame. So if he gets sacked after Cronulla beat us, don't put your party hat on because nothing is going to change. We are run by a bunch of reject dickheads, exp players, inlaws, outlaws and inbreds.
To Possum and your mates, unload this player, buy this player, buy new coach. You my friend and your mates are in fantasy land.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What is your source?
22Gmuo2.gif

Dragons 09

Juniors
Can you help me out by signing this petition? http://chng.it/tFkQzxF9

Sorry mate, i'm hurting the same as you and just like most Dragons fans are, but the answer to our woes is not as simple as just pulling the pin on the JV..... that would just result in 2 separate incompetent organisations running around in red and white colours until they both died a painful death. Our woes are much more complex than you appear to be suggesting.

Latest posts