What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Rabbitohs

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa-Sheck-Sheck
2- Fusitu’a/Herbert
3- Hiku
4- Herbert/Beale
5- Pompey
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Taunoa-Brown
9- Egan
10- Blair
11- Katoa
12- Harris
13- Burr

Res- Lawton, Paasi, Vuniyayawa, Papali’i

I know we are coming off a win, but I don’t understand why Paasi wasn’t playing. Or Papali’i for that matter, who has looked better this year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If Papali’i was dropped as a measure of accountability after the Penrith game I’m not complaining, it’s about time. Paasi should come back.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Yeah suprised Paasi didn’t play. Would expect him to start ahead of all our other current available team outside JTB. Other than Fus and Ken coming back in (unsure when due back or even what their injuries are TBH) i don’t see any other changes. One change i’d like to see tho is a running hooker option from the bench and not Lawton. Maybe CHT in the 14 to bring in some late work work??

Last edited:

SmashEmBro

Juniors
The team played great I thought. Id only be bringing in some of the top liners of they're fit, the most obvious ones are Fus, Maumalo and Paasi.

Honestly, I don't know who I'd leave out for Paasi... Can't be JTB. King has been going great, as has Poasa.

It's a good headache to have

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
They should contest Poasa and Murchie’s judiciary charges. If the contest and win, no points. If they lose, they get a one match suspension which can be served out next week with and avoid carry-over points, in a game where they could’ve been dropped/rotated out anyway,

Campion

Juniors
I thought Pompey looks really slow (as in, he does not have wheels). Could we put Beale on the wing instead if Fusitua and/or Maumalo comes back (but not both)? e.g.,

2- Fusitu’a
3- Hiku
4- Herbert
5- Beale

I guess i'm saying: drop Pompey because he's a really slow, nothing special winger

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agree re Pompey, too slow for the wing, he tries but unless he’s doing a Ken and making 200m+ out of our end I want someone with more threat on the flank. Bring back Fus

Hov

Juniors
I definitely think we should make minimal changes. Fus and Ken are both in if they are good and they will bolster the backline. But if only one of them is back then Pompey out. I hear the argument for Herbert to go back to centers but I think wing is his best position if Beale is in. Beale is a good centre but a shithouse winger so Herbert stays on the wing because he actually goes alright out there.

With Paasi it's a tough one but personally I probably drop Faamausili. Purely for the fact that we want to build a squad for the season and he is gone in 2 weeks. But otherwise I would say King has to make way. Murchie has the versatility to play edge and middles so he has to be there.

But it doesnt mean anything unless Kodi and Green take the game and get ruthless....

BLN2

Juniors
Nice to see the forwards punching up for once. Katoa, King and JTB have been fantastic. Paasi in for Burr or Murchie for me.

Pompey out for Ken, hopefully he's good to go. I heard Fus may still be out for "conditioning" reasons. If he's not fit after being in the squad for over 3 weeks now, I'd have serious concerns over his fitness during the lockdown period, either by injury or being a lazy f*ck. If it's the latter, I'd be pissed. Hopefully he proves me wrong and is fit.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Fus names on extended bench. Hopefully that means he’s back for Friday. Rabbits have some wheels out wide so he’ll certainly help.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Patrick Herbert
3. Peta Hiku
4. Gerard Beale
5. Adam Pompey
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Blake Green
8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Wayde Egan
10. Lachlan Burr
11. Eliesa Katoa
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Karl Lawton
15. Poasa Faamausili
16. King Vuniyayawa
17. Jack Murchie

18. David Fusitu’a
20. Agnatius Paasi
21. Chanel Harris-Tavita
22. Isaiah Papali’i

TheDMC

Bench
We rarely beat the Rabbitohs these days (lost 9 of the previous 10).
We rarely play two good games in a row.
Rabbits are a better team and coming into form, especially their new fullback...

I smell trouble.

Benek

Juniors
Fus and Passi in make our team look a lot better. BUT, DMC is right that we rarely put two good games together. I can see us getting walloped.

sup42

Juniors
Every team we face has less home and work life hurdles.

Few if any have our injuries.

It is a very green inexperienced NRL team.

Keeping them up for it two weeks running is very hard in these circumstances. As much as we want them to deal with it, none of us are on a never ending slog away from our Kin.

Go the Warriors. Expect a big loss. But if our forwards match this pack, we have half the puzzle solved.