What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest 'Classic Melbourne Storm' moment?

Reflector

Juniors
Taking a look through the game day thread over the weekend it occurred to me how often we hear people talk about an armchair ride from the officials/ favourable calls from the judiciary being "typical Melbourne Storm"

This then made me wonder what (for you) stands out as the game/ event/ moment that was the most obvious example of this?

For mine, in recent memory nothing beats that game against the Warriors at AAMI Park last year: the Warriors looked all set to win it and then with 2 or 3 minutes on the clock, the Storm were given the mother of all refereeing piggybacks that allowed them to snatch the game at the death.

Closely followed by Billy Slater being cleared of a blatant shoulder-charge so he could play his last NRL game in the Grand Final.

BadnMean

Juniors
Cam Smith being able to get up & play on when there is a hand on him on the ground... in a round when every other player is called back or even penalised for doing so...

Billy Slater being allowed to slide in feet first at players to "save a try" his entire career and karate kick people in the air- but everyone else gets penalised & /or suspended.

myrrh ken

First Grade
upload_2020-6-15_14-0-33.jpeg upload_2020-6-15_14-1-37.jpeg upload_2020-6-15_14-2-3.jpeg upload_2020-6-15_14-2-25.jpeg
images

I dunno nothing really comes to mind

Perth Red

Post Whore
All the silverware, 3 premierships, 4 minor premierships, must have some big display cabinets at Storm HQ.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Haters gunna hate

Every drama need a villain that people love to hate.

It seems like they try to be intentionally disliked - whether its playing like robots, being grubby, cheating the cap, having a whole state to themselves, having a petulant captain and coach, whinging to refs.

Its funny cos I quite liked the storm back in 1999 with Geyer, Lazo, Nikau and Bai.

Can't stand them from mid 2000s on.