What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

Kilkenny

Coach
I would’ve thought Martin would just slot straight into second row. Yeo has been going well at lock, I wouldn’t want to see him moved. He’s better in the middle.

There’s no shortage of second rowers for the bench.

Yep. Either or I guess.

I have no doubt Jack Hetherington will be the man to come in and probably rightly so.

At the same time where is Spencer at!!! It would be good to get some feedback from the club in respect to his fitness. He is our wrecking ball, potentially our equivalent of David Fifita and there has been little said about where he is at other than he is not mentioned in the clubs injury update.

Kilkenny

Coach
I reckon you need at least 20 points to beat the storm, and play well defensively.

As I said pre-game against the Eels I felt 20 points was what we needed and sadly we fell short of that mark.

I agree with you, nothing less that 20 points for is going to get the job done.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep. Either or I guess.

I have no doubt Jack Hetherington will be the man to come in and probably rightly so.

At the same time where is Spencer at!!! It would be good to get some feedback from the club in respect to his fitness. He is our wrecking ball, potentially our equivalent of David Fifita and there has been little said about where he is at other than he is not mentioned in the clubs injury update.

Yeah I thought he'd get a good go this year. Did he get injured?

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I thought he'd get a good go this year. Did he get injured?

As I understand Spencer has had a knee injury, or did have a knee injury. He has not been discussed in our injury updates on the Panthers website so not sure where he is at.

I’m sure he will get his opportunity, given his massive potential.

betcats

Referee
I would’ve thought Martin would just slot straight into second row. Yeo has been going well at lock, I wouldn’t want to see him moved. He’s better in the middle.

Yeah I think this will happen and Burn on to the bench.

franklin2323

Immortal

Not against the Storm he is too raw still does dumb stuff. He’d be on the bench in my 17

franklin2323

Immortal
As I understand Spencer has had a knee injury, or did have a knee injury. He has not been discussed in our injury updates on the Panthers website so not sure where he is at.

I’m sure he will get his opportunity, given his massive potential.

Had an injury like Capewell has now. Was about 10 weeks from the last trial. So prob just getting fitness up

The_Frog

First Grade
Call me a broken record, but this is a perfect opportunity to move Mansour to a bench backrow position & bring Naden in on the wing.
Mansour isn't the only winger doing hit ups these days but he wrote the book on it and still no-one does it better. He also has skills that often go unnoticed, like the infield kick for Crichton in round 2. Nothing comes for free though, and we lose speed and some ability to contest the high ball.

GongPanther

Referee
EDIT: Last week we had one of the best teams on the ropes until inexperience left us in their wake V Parra. Bellamy, Smith & Co will no doubt test Crighton to the hilt.

I put us in with a huge chance in beating Melbourne if we simply go in with the same mindset as last weekend, and this time we wont be playing with a man short and with Cleary being a little more match fit will see results.

This game is ours to win if we put in as much attitude and effort as we did V the Eels. But the dumb stuff will quickly bring us undone.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Love sauce. But I reckon he has about 12 months of first grade left at Penrith.

If he is a regular first grader by late next year then hats off to him. Great effort by a very honest footballer who bleeds for our club. He is one guy who truly deserves an off field job with the Panthers once he hangs up his boots.

GongPanther

Referee
Love sauce. But I reckon he has about 12 months of first grade left at Penrith.

If he is a regular first grader by late next year then hats off to him. Great effort by a very honest footballer who bleeds for our club. He is one guy who truly deserves an off field job with the Panthers once he hangs up his boots.
Don't want to sound like a scratched record, but that failure to pass the ball last week at the death, and his no pass back inside V Newcastle left me absolutely irate. If that was the NFL, he would be on the sidelines.

Mansour isn't the only winger doing hit ups these days but he wrote the book on it and still no-one does it better. He also has skills that often go unnoticed, like the infield kick for Crichton in round 2. Nothing comes for free though, and we lose speed and some ability to contest the high ball.

Sadly it’s not even close to free. I love the guys effort, but he offers very little in try scoring anymore.

franklin2323

Immortal
Don't want to sound like a scratched record, but that failure to pass the ball last week at the death, and his no pass back inside V Newcastle left me absolutely irate. If that was the NFL, he would be on the sidelines.

Most here would put Naden in his place. On what he showed in FG no certainty he passes it either. The advantage he has is maybe he burns them and scores himself but he has dropped some balls then too