What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Titans

BLM01

First Grade
Same side and the tits are our baby
they got nothing...well less than what we have on paper anyway
Where is the great Mitch Rein these days?

Old Timer

Coach
I had to laugh at OTs post yesterday in 321.
Telling anyone who picked Hunt to watch the replay. Classic stuff. If I don't agree you are wrong! Watch it again!
I made a comment and some don't agree and pushed back and that's fine.

I merely invited those that don't agree to have a look and be objective.

I went back and had a look to see what all the hype was about and still saw the ineffective tackles and the errors he made.

Did he make less mistakes yes he did but he had less time on the field and was playing a different position namely 1 we didn't buy him to play.

If you think Hunt @ $6m is the answer as a bench hooker then fine but you would have to be 1 of a very few that thinks that is sustainable.

Honest question would you let Mc Innes go for Hunt?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Spot on 100% agree. JP out and Saab in. I love JP and his enthusiasm but a winger needs to score tries too. Was caught out by the dogs last week in the air and along the ground yesterday by the mongos. If Saab can’t get a start this week then the poor kid may as well quit. The kid is 6 ft 7, maybe just maybe Clune with his on point kicks out wide to a jumping Saab May do some serious damage

Again Saab is a right winger and JP plays on the left. So you'd play Saab out of position and hope he plays well?

redv13

Bench
Again Saab is a right winger and JP plays on the left. So you'd play Saab out of position and hope he plays well?
Really?? There wingers mate, if you can’t play left or right then let the kid go. As a first grade footballer you need to be adaptable. It’s the same position, with the same aspects in defence and attack except your 68 meters on the other side.

Crush

Coach
I made a comment and some don't agree and pushed back and that's fine.

I merely invited those that don't agree to have a look and be objective.

I went back and had a look to see what all the hype was about and still saw the ineffective tackles and the errors he made.

Did he make less mistakes yes he did but he had less time on the field and was playing a different position namely 1 we didn't buy him to play.

If you think Hunt @ $6m is the answer as a bench hooker then fine but you would have to be 1 of a very few that thinks that is sustainable.

Honest question would you let Mc Innes go for Hunt?
I just thought it was funny in a 3 2 1 where people generally state their selection and accept others.
Isn't that the point of that particular thread?

SBD82

Coach
Really?? There wingers mate, if you can’t play left or right then let the kid go. As a first grade footballer you need to be adaptable. It’s the same position, with the same aspects in defence and attack except your 68 meters on the other side.
This is simply untrue.

Players have a preferred side of the field because they are stronger stepping off a certain foot or fending with a certain arm or leaping with a certain leg.

BIG RIG

Juniors
My Team This Week Would Be

1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Periera
3. Zac Lomax
4. Euan Aitken
5. Jason Saab
6. Tristan Sailor
7. Adam Clune
8. Josh Kerr
9. Ben Hunt
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Jackson Ford
13. Cameron McInnes ( C )
BENCH
14. Corey Norman
15. Tyrell Fuimaono
16. Trent Merrin
17. James Graham

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Oh dear me!!!

So adaptable hey, James Graham to fullback I say

Dragon David

First Grade
Norman will most likely be out so let sailor their in his place.

Saab in for the man with ten thumbs Rava, I have to cut a bit of slack to JP he is solid and reliable most the time not to mention he's coming off a huge injury.

I would swap Ford for Merrin as well.

This is a danger game for us remember we turned down Holbrooks coaching services he will have a point to prove and his troops will be very fired up if we lose yesterdays loss will mean nothing imo.
Yes. Agree with Sailor in for Norman if suspended, Saab in for either Rava or Pereira and drop Merrin for Ford. Other than those changes, everything else the same.