What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

The Realist

Juniors
If there was a concern out of the contest it was the rather underwhelming performance of Tamou in a game where we needed our leader/captain to stand up and while recognising he has been good for us in his four years at the club perhaps this was a game that maybe, just maybe, confirms why we need to move on from him and accept his best days are behind him.

His best days were behind him a year or maybe even 2 before we signed him on. It was a very poor value for money signing.

Kilkenny

Coach
His best days were behind him a year or maybe even 2 before we signed him on. It was a very poor value for money signing.

The game’s top front rower’s average 60 minutes, 15 hit up’s and say 150 metres as a benchmark so on that basis I guess Tamou’s performance against the Eels was underwhelming.

We can only hope he will provide a lot more against the Storm this Friday. We will need to to deliver to benchmark if we are any chance of securing the two points.

maple_69

Bench
He's making 30 tackles at 95%, 136m with 53m post contact a game. That's good for 16th in metres amongst middles this season, above average amongst the 48 starting middles.

He had an underwhelming game but he's been very good this year. I definitely don't want to see him on any more than 2x450 but I'm happy to have him this year, and the next few if it works with the rest of the guys we want to get more involved.

Sime_11

Juniors
we played well the first 40 and dropped the standard in the second 40 - it happens

if we play like we did in the first 40 and do it for 80 minutes on a regular basis - we will be Top 4.

Parramatta are vulnerable and didn't have an answer the first half - 3 silly errors got them ahead in the game and we didn't have an answer to beat them on the night.

as much as this loss hurts, id rather this than a shite performance against a club we should expect to win (ie Titans/Bulldogs last year)...

ironically a Moylan return to Penrith FB would give us the ball playing we all crave....

The_Frog

First Grade
He wasn't far behind Fisher-Harris as the best player in the side last year. He was strong against the Warriors too, but both he and JFH were a bit off this week.

Dean Faraway

Juniors
Law of averages suggests that Crichton’s misses on Blake won’t be the last and it will take time to get combinations. Remembering 4 less games this year to get that right makes top 4 very unlikely
Stephen Frightened and missed the tackles on Waqa. Hope he doesn’t get scared this week.

Kilkenny

Coach
Have to cut Stephen Chrichton some slack. Our former player Waqa Blake is now a seasoned pro in his sixth season of first grade and a fine player. Shit happens I guess.

franklin2323

Immortal
Have to cut Stephen Chrichton some slack. Our former player Waqa Blake is now a seasoned pro in his sixth season of first grade and a fine player. Shit happens I guess.

Yep it was a couple of rookie errors from a rookie. He also put a nice move on the said seasoned pro

martielang

Bench
Roosters 4th try tonight was perfect support from a fullback. Aekins does it we score off Martin on Friday night

Franky you need to give it a rest, the plays aren’t even near comparable. Ones a ruck play in the middle third of the field, Ours was a backline play with Aekins as the sweeper on the right edge.

I’ll also give you the hot tip, if Aekins was Tedesco we would of won by 12 & we’d be paying him $1m a year not $100k.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Franky you need to give it a rest, the plays aren’t even near comparable. Ones a ruck play in the middle third of the field, Ours was a backline play with Aekins as the sweeper on the right edge.

I’ll also give you the hot tip, if Aekins was Tedesco we would of won by 12 & we’d be paying him $1m a year not $100k.

You’ve nailed it Martie. All that needs to be said.

franklin2323

Immortal

It is basic fullback play. Where did I compare the passing of Tedesco? Or anything else?

Kilkenny

Coach
The thing I take out of the Eels game is there back row all ran for big metres, big runs.

Our supposed main attacking weapon, Viliame had 13 or so runs for less than a 100 metres!!! Far less than Matterson, Lane and Nathan Brown. So what is the issue here given Viliame Kikau is supposed to be our go to man? Is it a coaching thing, is it Viliame I don’t profess to know the answer but his numbers simply don’t equate to the numbers of the Eels three back rowers? When if ever to we get this guy one on one with a smaller half, or even in open play? It just seems every time we pass the ball to Kikau he is surrounded by three or four defenders or is just me!!! It must be just me!!! Why can suc a huge unit struggle to make a 100 metres from 13 carries when all three of the Eels back rowers make close to 150 metres from more carries? I don’t get it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Still haven’t watched a replay or the highlights and not going too. Just the way I am too gutted I guess.

It is what it is, maybe Waqa gave our young inexperienced centre a touch up but at the end of the day the game was all about six minutes where they scored all there points.

Sadly, we competed for the other 70 minutes or so and could have or should have been good enough to seal the deal.

This was a game that got away, two points lost, a valuable two points.

Very difficult weeks ahead and it doesn’t get any easier.

WestyLife

First Grade
Still haven’t watched a replay or the highlights and not going too. Just the way I am too gutted I guess.

It is what it is, maybe Waqa gave our young inexperienced centre a touch up but at the end of the day the game was all about six minutes where they scored all there points.

Sadly, we competed for the other 70 minutes or so and could have or should have been good enough to seal the deal.

This was a game that got away, two points lost, a valuable two points.

Very difficult weeks ahead and it doesn’t get any easier.

I've seen it twice and it came down to a guy with less than 10 games starting in the position succumbing to fatigue after 15 minutes of back to back defence. Not exactly something to stress about.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've seen it twice and it came down to a guy with less than 10 games starting in the position succumbing to fatigue after 15 minutes of back to back defence. Not exactly something to stress about.

I guess I suffer more from our losses than you do? I am and remain stressed? Nothing to do with Chrichton just suffering the pain of our loss as I always do.