What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

Dragonsamy

Bench
@Dragon Slayer
You know why there was changes last week is the nrl line up.
It's because we now have a committee of 4 selectors Mary only has one vote. Before he was the one man deciding all the positions

denis preston

First Grade
@Dragon Slayer
You know why there was changes last week is the nrl line up.
It's because we now have a committee of 4 selectors Mary only has one vote. Before he was the one man deciding all the positions
AND you gotta ask why wasn't this the case after say 7 defeats in a row ?? Again, take most of the control away from the moron and make a chance that the guy will resign from embarrassment.
Again though , perhaps some on the board are gutless to cross Gordon and lose their job.

Dragonsamy

Bench
AND you gotta ask why wasn't this the case after say 7 defeats in a row ?? Again, take most of the control away from the moron and make a chance that the guy will resign from embarrassment.
Again though , perhaps some on the board are gutless to cross Gordon and lose their job.

Dennis I tend agree with you seems that way

possm

Coach
M.Lane,
As far as I am concerned Clune has not previously played NRL because he has not been given a chance. Last year in CC he was so clearly the star not Mary's replacement pick of "Daz". Mary, being Mary, ensured Clune saw little ball vs the Dogs last week which contributed to the loss. Yesterday when getting a bit more ball he showed the advantage of a good tactical kicker in the team. One repeat possession from a grubber rather than another over the dead ball line and bombs which gave Lomax an opportunity to challenge. He seemed to have a positive impact on Norman's kicking too.

In a later post you mentioned you don't see Clune as a premiership winner. May I ask how many of the current team you would apply that lofty status to? Can I suggest first things first? Number 1 is to win enough games to avoid the Spoon. Then employ a decent coach who can develop longer term plans to drag the club from cellar dwelling back into premiership contention.
I like Clube and rate him higher than Norman. I can't wait to see the back of Hunt and Norman and look forward to a halves combo of Sullivan and Clune.

Salary-cap wise, our team will be better balanced under a Sullivan/Clune halves combination. Hunt looks to be a much better hooker than he is a halfback. I am excited with the prospect of young guns Ramsey, Saab, the Feagai brothers and Shiller coming through. Hopefully, we have a new coaching and management staff by that time and so, have a good chance to begin the long hard climb up the premireship ladder.

BLM01

First Grade
I like Clube and rate him higher than Norman. I can't wait to see the back of Hunt and Norman and look forward to a halves combo of Sullivan and Clune.

Salary-cap wise, our team will be better balanced under a Sullivan/Clune halves combination. Hunt looks to be a much better hooker than he is a halfback. I am excited with the prospect of young guns Ramsey, Saab, the Feagai brothers and Shiller coming through. Hopefully, we have a new coaching and management staff by that time and so, have a good chance to begin the long hard climb up the premireship ladder.
Oh possm! that is almost an endorsement of Millward maybe doing a good job
And it’s Schiller

Kilkenny

Coach
Good luck against the Sharks guys. I despise the Sharks not least of all because one of my boys supports them for reasons I still don’t quite understand given all my three children were taken to Panthers games home and away from a very young age. Never quite forgiven him.

I am not the camp of supporting a loss just so it may just increase the chances of your head coach being shown the exit door. You are better than that and despite the current woes, which I can fully understand, you need to stay strong and support the team even if unable to be there in person.

Your results in the near future will have no bearing on the future of your head coach he will not be your head coach in 2021. Recent events are simply the way of doing business, he will get another three or four games, perhaps he may even see the season out, but from an outsider looking in he will most definitely not be there in 2021. Hang in there.

Happy to see you guys beat the Sharks, sort off enjoyed watching it even if I was still on a downer from our loss to the Eels on Friday night.

Still don’t think the win alters the landscape of your club going forward, the coach will probably see out the season and you will have a new person in charge, whoever that may be for 2021. Not withstanding his demise at my club Anthony Griffin could be a really good fit for a rebuild, not likely to earn you a premiership, but from a rebuild perspective he could be solid and not one of the old guard. He’s kinda boring in lot’s of ways but could be the correct fit for what you guys need short term anyway.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Latest posts