What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

The_Frog

First Grade
When you are up 10 nil after an hour of match time and other mob haven't scored a point yet, you really should win the match. Regardless if Edwards is there or not.
We've come from that far behind late in games. Ten points is nothing in this game when possession turns.

betcats

Referee
Ten points is definitely not a safe lead, yet it should've been enough against the eels. All three of those tries came off the back of some shocking defense. Hopefully Crichton uses that embarrassment as motivation to get better defensively. He has the size and speed to be a solid defender and those break weren't even bad reads, just bad tackle attempts, its something that he should be able to improve if he works at it.

kinghippo

Juniors
I am confident we will beat the storm in the forward battle but I don’t see many points in us.

Our attack was very ordinary last week, the backs are playing really flat again and our lack of decoys and deception is a problem.

Nathan will be better for 2nd game back and unless we get the Edwards that turned up at the start of last year we gain a bit there also.

I like both luai and burton in the team butt I think I would prefer to see luai on the bench this week.

WestyLife

First Grade
I will say something that has me more confident is this year the defensive structures seem better. I think Betcats mentioned it in a comment. The tries all came from individual errors but they were in the correct positions.

kinghippo

Juniors
I will say something that has me more confident is this year the defensive structures seem better. I think Betcats mentioned it in a comment. The tries all came from individual errors but they were in the correct positions.
That is true the defence has been very good, there has been a lot less shooting out of the line at the wrong time, even by mansour :grinning:

Pomoz

Bench
Knights were when they came back from 14 nil down to draw with us scoring more tries than us with none of their spine.

That Knights 17 on that day was not close to top 4 material. Take out Pearce and Watson early on while we're up by 14 points. That should have been a blowout no matter what our 17 was at the time. 2 weeks later we surrender a 10 point lead to Eels with 16 points in 6 minutes. Just says we arent top 4 material.
That's just not factually correct. Their 5/8th Kurt Mann has played more games than Aiken, Burton and Luai combined. He kept the side pointing in the right direction and handled the ball 23 times more than Luai and 30 times more than Burton. Mann had two try assists.

Why we think that we are better than them when we had 3 stone cold rookies playing in our spine is beyond me? I acknowledge that we had Api at hooker, but he has the same level of experience as Mann, 100 games plus. This game was evenly balanced with our only advantage being the bigger bench. An advantage thrown away by our stupid tax accountant of a coach, who didn't bother using players like Kenny and Burns for more than 20 minutes.

If Pearce had of played the full game, the Knights would have beaten us comfortably, because Cleary is unable to change a game plan if "give it to Kikau" doesn't get us a win.

I really do understand what you are saying about his lack of tries but is that not more reflective of our lack of offensive rather than Josh’s abilities?

I don’t think it is, hence why I compared him to To’o. Brian To’o has scored 10 tries in 20 games, Mansour has 3 in his last 24 games.

Yep, Sauce just isnt a good finisher. He used to be able to get to the line ok but he has lot a step I think and he fumbles far to many. There is no way Josh scores the try To'o did the other night.

To’o must’ve beat 3 defenders at least, those are the type of tries we need from our wingers. Can’t always give them open space.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Melbourne Storm at Campbelltown Stadium on Friday.

Dylan Edwards returns at fullback after overcoming a hamstring injury while Kurt Capewell's knee injury sees Liam Martin promoted to the starting side.

The NRL this week celebrates Beanie for Brain Cancer Round in support of the Mark Hughes Foundation.

The Panthers will wear the black 2020 Home Jersey.
1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Signace
15. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wisdom Denture and Dental Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by Brightside Music

WestyLife

First Grade
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Melbourne Storm at Campbelltown Stadium on Friday.

Dylan Edwards returns at fullback after overcoming a hamstring injury while Kurt Capewell's knee injury sees Liam Martin promoted to the starting side.

The NRL this week celebrates Beanie for Brain Cancer Round in support of the Mark Hughes Foundation.

The Panthers will wear the black 2020 Home Jersey.
1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Signace
15. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wisdom Denture and Dental Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by Brightside Music

Glad to have Edwards back. Interesting to see Naden back on the list albeit down in the reserves.

Bob

Juniors
Panther fans, we have Ashley Farkin Klien as our ref on friday night, :mad:
I thought the NRL liked us this year but giving us Klien is a low blow even for them, man was a shyte ref in super league, and hes been a shyte ref in the NRL,

WestyLife

First Grade
Panther fans, we have Ashley Farkin Klien as our ref on friday night, :mad:
I thought the NRL liked us this year but giving us Klien is a low blow even for them, man was a shyte ref in super league, and hes been a shyte ref in the NRL,

Someone has to get him and everyone hates him.

Sime_11

Juniors
we have the responsibility to affect the game more so than the refs do - granted that we are playing the team that seems to benefit from favourable refs calls.

to be the best, you have to beat the best....

Panfa

Juniors
Klein is a worry but 1 ref new rules and finally we are playing the storm in Sydney for once we should get away with a narrow win.

murraymob

Coach
Just a little twist .A lot has been printed in the media about the tricks the storm are up to.This has been raised a a refs meeting .Could be the week to play the storm if they clamp down on them

WestyLife

First Grade
It is interesting Whare was dropped last year with talk of not being wanted and now they can't not pick him.