What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Titans

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Team list Tuesday. I wonder what our 'selection' committee will come up with this week. Will McGregor get out voted on players he wants? Will he get frustrated at this?

I continue to think about recent events:
- emergency board meeting
- sudden changes to the starting line up
- appointment of selection committee
- didn't seem to be involved in the half time chat
- lack of enthusiasm with our win
- couldn't confirm whether Hunt will remain the role he played on Sunday because its not his decision anymore?)
- rather strange statements by Webb regarding Paul McGregor.

I think someone stated this already, and I tend to agree, that McGregor was offered the chance to resign as coach last Monday, to which he obviously refused, the Board has since decided to strip him of just about all responsibility, making him coach in name only, in a hope this will trigger him to finally agree to quit, therefore saving $$$.

Just my take, but time will tell.

getsmarty

Immortal
r06_preview_4-titans-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Titans v Dragons: Copley hurt; Mary keeping cards to chest
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 15 Jun 2020, 04:01 PM

St George Illawarra jumped over the Titans and out of last place with their first win of the season last round.

It came as the Gold Coast were comfortably beaten by the Rabbitohs, unable to repeat their success over the Wests Tigers a week earlier.

The Dragons are aiming for five consecutive wins against the Titans to build on the momentum they gained in beating the Sharks.

St George Illawarra beat Gold Coast twice in as many meetings in 2019.

342 match-eqio->488 match-eqio->628" data-eqio-prefix="match" data-eqio-sizes="["<186>342", "<388>488", "<627>628", ">736", ">920"]">
Match: Titans v Dragons

Round 6 - Saturday 20th June

3:00pm

Home Team

Titans

16th Position

Away Team

Dragons

14th Position

Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass
Fan Information
The Rundown
Team News
Titans: Dale Copley looks set to be sidelined after hurting his ankle against South Sydney. It makes Corey Thompson's release from the Wests Tigers all the more timely and the consistent winger-fullback could go straight into the team. Tyrone Roberts has been battling an ankle injury but may also come into calculations.

Dragons: Ben Hunt was outstanding off the bench at hooker last round but Paul McGregor said that he would assess where to play the star "week to week". It's all but certain that Matt Dufty will remain where he is, however, having played a blinder in his fullback recall.

Titans v Dragons
What will be the result of their clash?

Titans v Dragons What will be the result of their clash?
  • Titans 1-10
    28%
  • Titans 11+
    7%
  • Dragons 1-10
    39%
  • Dragons 11+
    27%
3,068 Votes
Key Match-Up
There's not much to compare Matt Dufty and Tyrone Peachey on face value given their vastly different roles. But they share at least one trait in common: the ability to bust a game open. It might take just one magic moment to decide the result, and you sense these two X-factor players could be the ones to provide it.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/16/titans-v-dragons-copley-hurt-mary-keeping-cards-to-chest/

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why is there so much love for Rava? Makes so many errors and yet still has the love. They should love Mary as well as he makes heaps of errors too. They have something in common.No wonder Mary keeps picking him.

The 2 tries Rava scored SAAB would have scored as well. Only difference is Saab would have caught the balls Rava dropped. Rave responsible for 12 of the 16 points dropping simple balls to give Sharks possession. Pretty simple.

Tristian for Clune please.....That would be my big change. Clune was ok and glad he got a couple of runs. Now to see what Tristian has under his belt. I am sure he will go just as good if not better.

denis preston

First Grade
So in the end it turns out our Steve Austin half back is actually a bench hooker or so people want to believe in an effort to justify him being in the 17 due to the $$$ we pay him.

Time to forget who gets paid what as we need to face the reality of picking the best players in their best position regardless of the $$$ with maybe 1 experiment which is in the centres.

Dufty
JP (Did enough yesterday to retain his spot)
Rava (Cannot be worse than Aitken and might just shine)
Lomax
Saab
Sailor (Norman far too casual far too often)
Clune (let him run the show and keep the other flops out of it)
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Frizzell
Ford (Lawrie can tackle but that is about it we need strike power and we cant afford 2 oompa loopers at the same time)
Merrin

Fuimaono (better as a strike player I suspect)
Host
Graham (had his best game in a year but can only be used in this fashion)
Brittain (I am sure he can do what Hunt did just as well)

Let the side play footy without the high $$$ oops not performing lets play them somewhere else Hunt & Norman not there to take over at crucial moments and f**k it up.

You don't think Hunt showed more zip & creativity at dummy half than we have seen the past 2 years ?

Old Timer

Coach
You don't think Hunt showed more zip & creativity at dummy half than we have seen the past 2 years ?
IMO the new rules provided him a benefit that wasn’t there previously so whilst there was improvement hard to evaluate it.

So it would be interesting to see what Cam could do if he started on the bench and had the luxury afforded Hunt of coming on at an opportune time with tiring big men.

No doubt that Fifita was underdone and probably past it and Woods is a marshmallow and they were well and truly spent after 20 or so minutes.

As I said elsewhere I think Britain could do what Hunt did and is a better defender so that might be the real comparison we need to make.

coastiedragon

Juniors
So in the end it turns out our Steve Austin half back is actually a bench hooker or so people want to believe in an effort to justify him being in the 17 due to the $$$ we pay him.

Time to forget who gets paid what as we need to face the reality of picking the best players in their best position regardless of the $$$ with maybe 1 experiment which is in the centres.

Dufty
JP (Did enough yesterday to retain his spot)
Rava (Cannot be worse than Aitken and might just shine)
Lomax
Saab
Sailor (Norman far too casual far too often)
Clune (let him run the show and keep the other flops out of it)
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Frizzell
Ford (Lawrie can tackle but that is about it we need strike power and we cant afford 2 oompa loopers at the same time)
Merrin

Fuimaono (better as a strike player I suspect)
Host
Graham (had his best game in a year but can only be used in this fashion)
Brittain (I am sure he can do what Hunt did just as well)

Let the side play footy without the high $$$ oops not performing lets play them somewhere else Hunt & Norman not there to take over at crucial moments and f**k it up.
On report for tripping not sure what his record is like though to be honest.

I want Norman there his kicking game was very good yesterday.

Spazer

Juniors
Tristian for Clune please.....That would be my big change. Clune was ok and glad he got a couple of runs. Now to see what Tristian has under his belt. I am sure he will go just as good if not better.

I would give Clune a fair go first, he really has only had one proper game after all. His kicking game is good and I want to see more of his cut out passes to Aitken and JP. And if I recall Sailor already has some games under his belt.

coastiedragon

Juniors
1 duty
2 pereira
3 rava
4 local
6 Norman
7 sailor
8 kerr
9 hunt
10 Vaughan
11 frizz
12 Ford
13 mcinnes

14 fuimaono
15 merlin
16 Graham
17 k sims

* Clunes only drops players under
* rava runs hard and can tackle couldn't be any worse than Aiken
* norman gone through tripping
* sailor and Saab can bring enthusiasm give them a run

getsmarty

Immortal
dufty_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

NRL team: Round 6 v Gold Coast Titans
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 16 Jun 2020, 03:58 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on Saturday, June 20.

The Dragons have named the same 17 players who took the field for the club's first win of the 2020 campaign; a 30-16 victory against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks last Sunday.

The only positional change sees James Graham named to start with Trent Merrin reverting back to the bench. Tristan Sailor is the new face in the wider squad following Issac Luke's release on Tuesday.

NRL squad for Round 6 v Gold Coast Titans –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by TripADeal
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX

Interchange:
14. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
15. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI17. Jacob Host – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
18. Jackson Ford
19. Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
20. Korbin Sims
21. Tristan Sailor

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/16/nrl-team-round-6-v-gold-coast-titans/

denis preston

First Grade
Disappointed that Rava picked ahead of Saab then remembered that now the real side can come from the players outside the 13 then within it, it's just cut & paste until Friday .

denis preston

First Grade
IMO the new rules provided him a benefit that wasn’t there previously so whilst there was improvement hard to evaluate it.

So it would be interesting to see what Cam could do if he started on the bench and had the luxury afforded Hunt of coming on at an opportune time with tiring big men.

No doubt that Fifita was underdone and probably past it and Woods is a marshmallow and they were well and truly spent after 20 or so minutes.

As I said elsewhere I think Britain could do what Hunt did and is a better defender so that might be the real comparison we need to make.
Cam or Britain dont have anywhere near the kicking game nor the ability to go one side of the ruck to the other in the same movement.

Old Timer

Coach
Cam or Britain dont have anywhere near the kicking game nor the ability to go one side of the ruck to the other in the same movement.
For me the question of half was a bigger question than that of hooker

Would we be a better side with combination of Cleary & Mc Innes or Clyne & Hunt at 7 & 9.

After all Hunt was supposed to be our Cleary, Cherry Evans, Cronk and as much as much as I like young Clube he won’t be them either.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
OK so it is a spelling (spellcheck actually) error f**kwhit everyone knows who it was supposed to be so just f**k off.
How? You spelled it different two times..

Methinks you should spend more time understand your team.. I thought you’d be all over Clune, given he dethroned your nemesis.

Latest posts