What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
Who are these mythical wingers you're talking about? Saab could be anything but having said that I wouldn't break the bank for him

There is always another superstar 19 year old islander wonder kid coming through every single NRL. For example, we have Star Toa. Wing is the last position I want to be spending cap space on.

I'm not saying Saab won't turn out to be an amazing player but I don't think a team scouting premium wingers will win the comp any time soon.

aqua_duck

Coach
There is always another superstar 19 year old islander wonder kid coming through every single NRL. For example, we have Star Toa. Wing is the last position I want to be spending cap space on.

I'm not saying Saab won't turn out to be an amazing player but I don't think a team scouting premium wingers will win the comp any time soon.
With all due respect Toa isn't 200cm and 110kg and Saab isn't some islander kid. There's literally no one out there with Saab's physical attributes, not saying he's a slam dunk but he could be anything under the right tutelage. I watched Saab play for the Australian schoolboys in 2018 alongside Stephen Crichton from penrith who's now the next big thing and honestly you couldn't tell them apart, he played 1st grade last year at 18 and looked more than adequate, not his fault he's playing under a brain dead coach who'd rather pick Mikaele Ravalawa

Jono078

Referee
i've liked what I've seen from Saab.

On another note and didn't know where to put this, but it looks like Ramien found his hands in Cronulla, must be something good in the water out there!

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i've liked what I've seen from Saab.

On another note and didn't know where to put this, but it looks like Ramien found his hands in Cronulla, must be something good in the water out there!
Was coming here to do the same thing, i wonder if Brown cost us what could of been the best centre combo in the comp.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
With all due respect Toa isn't 200cm and 110kg and Saab isn't some islander kid. There's literally no one out there with Saab's physical attributes, not saying he's a slam dunk but he could be anything under the right tutelage. I watched Saab play for the Australian schoolboys in 2018 alongside Stephen Crichton from penrith who's now the next big thing and honestly you couldn't tell them apart, he played 1st grade last year at 18 and looked more than adequate, not his fault he's playing under a brain dead coach who'd rather pick Mikaele Ravalawa

If we got him the team for 2021 could be brilliant.

1. Ponga
2. Saab
3. Best
4. Hunt
5. Toa
6. Hoy
7 Pearce

that’s easily the best attack we have had potentially since out golden years.

Zoidberg

First Grade
“Something special brewing under O’Brien with Ponga, Klemmer, Pearce and co.” line gets my heart racing, fills me with confidence.

When is Pearce off contract?
I’d imagine, and would like to see, him remaining with us until he retires.

PhilGould

Bench
“It’s no secret I want to win a comp in Newcastle, I want to hold the trophy up here,” Ponga said.

“It’s very exciting and a very proud moment for myself and my family.

“We’re building towards something and I can definitely feel it. It’s something that I want to be a part of and I’m excited to be a part of.

“There was a lot of talk in the media about rugby union but I’ve always said I’m focused on the Knights and have been since I walked in the door.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f7a08c81196baed86e1c6403c16b52f2

Silent Knight

First Grade
I scoff every time I read about Ponga leaving for union. It was a random question from a hack journo about what team Ponga would play for if not the Knights, and ever since he’s been All-Blacks bound.

I hate the fact that sh*t sport still exists in this country. I look forward to the day the Rugby World Cup means next to nothing.

In the meanwhile Ponga isn’t going anywhere.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
“Something special brewing under O’Brien with Ponga, Klemmer, Pearce and co.” line gets my heart racing, fills me with confidence.

When is Pearce off contract?
I’d imagine, and would like to see, him remaining with us until he retires.

I Think he has a year left after this on his deal, personally i’d rather develop Hoy and Crossland as our halves, or find another Kyle Flanagan or Deardon or whomever is killing it in Jnrs.

we honestly can’t afford to have Ponga, Pearce and Klem all on a Mill plus a year, or we going to end up like the Dragons.

Pearce has been massive with the rebuild and helped get to where we are today, but at 33 he won’t be what we need going forward.

perverse

Referee
If he's still playing good footy I'd extend Pearce another year or 2 unless an obvious alternative comes up. He deserves every crack at another premiership here, I'd like to see him out a winner for all he's done for us in coming to Newie.

Knight76

Juniors
Yeah. Given we have no real 5/8, We need a player capable of running the show himself. A young half with promise would be a stretch.

Extend Pearce.

Yosh

Coach
I reckon Pearce will only get better as he hits his mid 30s. Seems like one the fittest blokes on the field every game. Also, puts 110% effort into everything. Also, I think he will take a lower salary right when he resigns?

A halves pairing of Mann and Hoy/Crossland isn't going to win a premiership in the next five years I reckon...