What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Isaac Moses stripped of accreditation

Perth Red

Post Whore
Player agent fees are insane.

I'm amazed that more players don't back themselves to negotiate their own deals.

I guess its hard to tout yourself to to other clubs when your trying to concentrate on your current club and playing. Many NRL players dont come across as great savvy business minds so no surprise they hand off that to a third party.

I guess its hard to tout yourself to to other clubs when your trying to concentrate on your current club and playing. Many NRL players dont come across as great savvy business minds so no surprise they hand off that to a third party.

My niece is studying sports marketing and was lucky enough to sit in on a contract negotiation for work experience at an NRL club. Admittedly he was a young lower grader but she said player’s eyes glazed over whenever details were discussed. I’d imagine only the very seasoned of players could negotiate their own contracts. Even then there’s also the personal sponsorships, marketing appearances and scheduling that brings with it that needs to be time managed.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I think you'll find that a majority of Agents are genuine in what they are doing for the players, you see many stories of players that have been with the same agent their whole career and the agent has set them up for life with smart investments and prepping them for life after footy. There's always bad eggs in any profession and unfortunately in most cases they are the ones that stand out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 years was a long investigation lol. I wonder if the sht will now hit the fan about what Moses knows is going on at some clubs? Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Haffa

ID Elite Sports Management will still have accredited agents so it's not like we will be rid of the bloke completely. All his clients will just move under his brothers name.

But I hope the NRL continue to police these vermin.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You always progress from the nottie to the hottie. Never the other way round.
RTS gave the "hottie to the nottie" transition a crack and it's worked out very we... um... never mind.

And then there's Latrine who went from the Mansion to the Meth Lab...

So it does happen; but I don't think Teddy will be so foolish. Maybe when he's 33 the Tigers will give him a 4yr 4 million dollar deal.

RTS gave the "hottie to the nottie" transition a crack and it's worked out very we... um... never mind.

And then there's Latrine who went from the Mansion to the Meth Lab...

So it does happen; but I don't think Teddy will be so foolish. Maybe when he's 33 the Tigers will give him a 4yr 4 million dollar deal.

I'd love to argue with you that the Tigers would never be so stupid but... Well...

davi

Juniors
If you wondering why Stephen Kearny has been sacked and will be payed out 2 million the answer according to channel Nine is Isaac Moses. The NRL have now reportedly banned mangers being able to represent both players and coaches. The managers must choose one or the other but can't represent both.

"Stephen Kearney was a dead coach walking from the moment his manager, Isaac Moses, was stripped of his accreditation late last week.

The Warriors made the painful decision to axe Kearney yesterday but in truth, it was a long time coming.

The club attempted to part ways with Kearney midway through last season - another year of mediocrity for the club.

But when Moses, who manages five of the club's leading players as well as Kearney, got wind of the plans, he swung into action.

He allegedly told the Warriors that if they sacked Kearney, he would 'pull' his players from the club, including team leaders Adam Blair and Blake Green.

The Warriors panicked - and instead of sacking Kearney, extended his deal.

They told him last October that they would not accept another season of poor results, however, and that his job was on the line.

But there wasn't even a hint that Kearney would be axed in recent weeks given the problems the Warriors face since COVID-19 began."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/stephe...ditation/98bfd078-3786-4a3e-9e7a-e4c45dcf29ea

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
since when can an agent "pull" his players from a club to whom they are under contract ?

no wonder he was de-registered

Latest posts