What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bench Tariq

The Badger

Juniors
Interesting to watch the improved attack with the shift of Cameron and Ben.Moving them obviously changed their mindset .I would like to see the same applied to Tariq .His original position is covered by Fuimaonoa.I can see him being a real threat coming on in two twenty minute stints in either of the second row or lock positions.If he is physically fit he only needs to have a similar change of mindset.Cameron,Ben and Tariq all appeared stale for a long time.

SBD82

Coach
Interesting to watch the improved attack with the shift of Cameron and Ben.Moving them obviously changed their mindset .I would like to see the same applied to Tariq .His original position is covered by Fuimaonoa.I can see him being a real threat coming on in two twenty minute stints in either of the second row or lock positions.If he is physically fit he only needs to have a similar change of mindset.Cameron,Ben and Tariq all appeared stale for a long time.
FB7A269A-FC1F-4714-8765-6345F019648C.gif

Gareth67

First Grade
Interesting idea Badger and as you have said they have indeed be somewhat stale - for a while now . Hopefully with the new 4 man selection committee they may decide to do something along those lines.

By the way , welcome to the forum at times it can be a bit of a ‘ looney ‘ bin , however all in all the members are pretty decent fellows .

denis preston

First Grade
Tariq seems to have no excuses this year - no injuries. A most destructive forward at his peak but unfortunately most inconsistent through his career, very puzzling.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I suspect that Newcastle will be desperate to get Friz come on board within next 6 weeks

Newcastle are in a window of top4 and if minimal.injuries vs other teams thEy will be competitive in the finals

Friz is twice the player Aiden Guerra is

When tariq comes back he will go to right secpnd row and fun will stay left

But it could have been against the sharks Friz was needed on the same side as Graham who is a gun second rower and would have dominated fui

possm

Coach
Interesting idea Badger and as you have said they have indeed be somewhat stale - for a while now . Hopefully with the new 4 man selection committee they may decide to do something along those lines.

By the way , welcome to the forum at times it can be a bit of a ‘ looney ‘ bin , however all in all the members are pretty decent fellows .
Who are the other 3 selectors? Given that this game against the Titains is a cut and paste of last week, it seems to me that nothing has changed.

For the record, I rate T Sims and Frizell two of the best backrow forwards in the competition. It is just the game plan and the way they are used that limits them. Watch our Frizell climbs back to the top when he moves to Newcastle.

For me Hunt is our best option at hooker and if possible should be there for 80min. And while De Belin is unavailable, McInnes is our best option at lock mainly because he has some pace, can offload the ball, can kick if required to do so and is a middle third tackling machine.

With Hunt at hooker and MicInnes at lock we can and should run with 4 forwards on the bench mainly because we will have most positions in the backline covered in case of injury;

Backline
Dufty or Ramsey
Pereira or Ramsey
Lomax - centre / fullbak / wing
Williame or Aitken
Ravalawa or Saab
Norman - five-eighth / halfback / fullback
Clune - halfback / fiveeighth

Forwards
Kerr
Hunt - hooker / halfback / five-eighth
Vaughan
Frizell
T Sims
McInnes - lock / hooker

Bench
Merrin - prop / backrow
Lawrie - prop / backrow
Fuimaono - backrow / centre
Ford - backrow / centre

The Badger

Juniors
Thanks for the welcome Gareth67.I have been a devoted Dragon supporter for 55 years and like many of us have gone through a whole range of emotions since our last grand final victory.The biggest frustration for me is the continued retention of out of form players and coach,poor recruitment, lack of opportunity for younger players and apparent lack of communication to supporters.Rugby League is big business.I wonder if the current management have got themselves out of depth with the ever changing landscape of this business.Why do clubs like Melbourne,Roosters and Broncos continually unearth promising new players whilst we have not developed any new young stars for a long time.I am sure they have been running around a footy field nearby but are either not being recognised or developed.
As mentioned at the start of this thread changes to the current on field management of players is essential which happened against Cronulla .Can the off field changes in management be made as well.Without both the end result will be bottom 4 which is where we are headed again.Other clubs e.g.. Parra,Penrith,Newcastle have all been in similar positions recently.I bet it wasn't just a change in coach or a few players that made the difference.

BLM01

First Grade
Tariq seems to have no excuses this year - no injuries. A most destructive forward at his peak but unfortunately most inconsistent through his career, very puzzling.
No injuries?...Just a fracture in the top of the wrist..enough to keep him out for at least 4.

BLM01

First Grade
Who are the other 3 selectors? Given that this game against the Titains is a cut and paste of last week, it seems to me that nothing has changed.

For the record, I rate T Sims and Frizell two of the best backrow forwards in the competition. It is just the game plan and the way they are used that limits them. Watch our Frizell climbs back to the top when he moves to Newcastle.

For me Hunt is our best option at hooker and if possible should be there for 80min. And while De Belin is unavailable, McInnes is our best option at lock mainly because he has some pace, can offload the ball, can kick if required to do so and is a middle third tackling machine.

With Hunt at hooker and MicInnes at lock we can and should run with 4 forwards on the bench mainly because we will have most positions in the backline covered in case of injury;

Backline
Dufty or Ramsey
Pereira or Ramsey
Lomax - centre / fullbak / wing
Williame or Aitken
Ravalawa or Saab
Norman - five-eighth / halfback / fullback
Clune - halfback / fiveeighth

Forwards
Kerr
Hunt - hooker / halfback / five-eighth
Vaughan
Frizell
T Sims
McInnes - lock / hooker

Bench
Merrin - prop / backrow
Lawrie - prop / backrow
Fuimaono - backrow / centre
Ford - backrow / centre

Why would they change..they won? And your side does not reflect a change and an each way bet with having the "or" in place either...
except Ford for Host which I agree with
Geez you are asking a bit much of Tariq
.. cant play with a broken arm / hand

And the other 3 men in the selection committee are Son of a Gun..Young...Shepherd and Millward :oops:
.. I mean Flanno

SBD82

Coach
Alright Gav, I’ll bite.

Tariq’s defense is superb. His decision making is excellent. His effectiveness too. His edge is consistently our strongest defensively, and that can largely be attributed to his work. Halves rarely dominate his side across the course of a game because they are constantly looking or of the corner of their eye for his contact. If you reduce his minutes it will give the opposition halves a breather and will effect the cohesion on his edge.

In attack he is a runner. He has proven time and again that he can be devastating when he is given good ball. When no one in the side is getting good ball what do you expect him to do? He’s not a creative style edge player. If you limit his game time you will just have him getting bad ball for less time.

denis preston

First Grade
No injuries?...Just a fracture in the top of the wrist..enough to keep him out for at least 4.

Yes i realized this after i sent it !
What i meant to say was his form up to then was very ordinary and he didn't appear to be playing injured as he did last year. Interesting to see how he plays under a new coach. Guess you could say that about 20 of his mates as well !

Nanadragon

Juniors

There's a couple of ladies here too Badger.