What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons re-sign Mikaele Ravalawa

This Year?

Immortal
Surprised he didn't drop the pen.

If he did, I'm sure Ben Hunt would have caugh.......

images

Dragonsamy

Bench
Meanwhile Saab can't get a run and wants a release truly baffling.

I hope they are at least planning on moving Rava into the forwards because he damn sure ain't a winger.

You would think that if you were young Saab, this would just make you want to leave even more as he travels from the western suburbs to Wollongong to train all the time with his parents still

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
You would think that if you were young Saab, this would just make you want to leave even more as he travels from the western suburbs to Wollongong to train all the time with his parents still

This season is gone. We've only played weak teams for a whole two points. It's going to get a whole lot worse no matter who's selecting the team or coaching it. Time to experiment.

Saab and Ravalawa offer unique body types we don't have at SGI-we seem to produce the Sailor, Dufty Field little blokes in abundance but not the bigger bodies. I can understand the anger about Rav but I believe he is being played out of position- he is no good fielding kicks- get him into the centres.

For mine, the Williame experiment has failed- he just doesn't threaten the line in attack. I would get rid of him, put Rav in the centres inside Pereira, Saab to full-back where he can use his height- sack Norman, Dufty to five eighth and improvise on the right wing (Sailor?) until we can recruit a top line performer.

TruSaint

Referee
Wow ! Now that one came out of the blue . Saab yes , but Ravalawa , that has got my grey matter working overtime .

Still gents let’s not be too judgmental , after all possum’s mate must know what he is doing . :flushed:

Mate, I want to know what he has shown thus far to earn a new 3 year deal.
I know some people rate him, and maybe he has upside, but its not like he's an unknown quantity.
Thats one spot now secured for 3 years. I think it was a knee jerk signing by the club, to divert from the mess. I could well be wrong, and hope he proves me such.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mate, I want to know what he has shown thus far to earn a new 3 year deal.
I know some people rate him, and maybe he has upside, but its not like he's an unknown quantity.
Thats one spot now secured for 3 years. I think it was a knee jerk signing by the club, to divert from the mess. I could well be wrong, and hope he proves me such.

Exactly my thoughts TruSaint - a knee jerk reaction by management to quell the disenchantment of fans with so many players moving elsewhere or attempting to leave the J.V.

I don’t see Ravalawa hitting the heights any time soon , but improvement could be found under a new coach , still they should of signed him only for another 12 months and then see just how much he has advanced .

Crush

Coach
This season is gone. We've only played weak teams for a whole two points. It's going to get a whole lot worse no matter who's selecting the team or coaching it. Time to experiment.

Saab and Ravalawa offer unique body types we don't have at SGI-we seem to produce the Sailor, Dufty Field little blokes in abundance but not the bigger bodies. I can understand the anger about Rav but I believe he is being played out of position- he is no good fielding kicks- get him into the centres.

For mine, the Williame experiment has failed- he just doesn't threaten the line in attack. I would get rid of him, put Rav in the centres inside Pereira, Saab to full-back where he can use his height- sack Norman, Dufty to five eighth and improvise on the right wing (Sailor?) until we can recruit a top line performer.
Saab to fullback!?
Dufty to 5/8!?
Sailor to wing!?
Williame experiment has failed!?
Geez, some big calls there mate.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting re-signing and can understand the rational around it.
From the video it appears Rava and Saab will be our wingers moving forward.

From the info I can gather on our 'stocks' for the back 5 are:

Fullbacks -
Dufty : 24 yrs old
Ramsey : 20 years old
Lomax : 20 nearly 21 years old
Schiller : 19?
I think theres another - Sloane but not sure:

Right Wing -
Ravalawa : 22
Saab : 19 > 20
Sailor : 22
Feagai (×2) : 19

Left Wing -
Periera : 27 > 28
Saab or Ravalawa ????

Right Centre -
Aitken : 25
Lafai : 29
Lomax : 20 > 21
Feagai (x2)

Left Centre -
Williame : 27 > 28
Sauni-Essau : 21
Aitken and Lafai

Mmm didnt realise Lomax was younger than Sailor.
The big question is where do play Ramsey? Considering also he's an unknown at first grade level.

Now im not inferring that Rava or Saab are walk up starters, but it sure sounded like it. Add to this is that Dufty is contracted to end 2021. I have a feeling Dufty will see out his contract (form permitting).

The way i see it, our back 5 for 2021, first grade, will look something like:
1. Dufty
2. Rava or Saab
3. Williame
4. Lomax
5. Saab or Rava

Canterbury Cup
1. Ramsey
2. Periera
3. SSE
4. Feagai
5. Feagai

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Interesting re-signing and can understand the rational around it.
From the video it appears Rava and Saab will be our wingers moving forward.

From the info I can gather on our 'stocks' for the back 5 are:

Fullbacks -
Dufty : 24 yrs old
Ramsey : 20 years old
Lomax : 20 nearly 21 years old
Schiller : 19?
I think theres another - Sloane but not sure:

Right Wing -
Ravalawa : 22
Saab : 19 > 20
Sailor : 22
Feagai (×2) : 19

Left Wing -
Periera : 27 > 28
Saab or Ravalawa ????

Right Centre -
Aitken : 25
Lafai : 29
Lomax : 20 > 21
Feagai (x2)

Left Centre -
Williame : 27 > 28
Sauni-Essau : 21
Aitken and Lafai

Mmm didnt realise Lomax was younger than Sailor.
The big question is where do play Ramsey? Considering also he's an unknown at first grade level.

Now im not inferring that Rava or Saab are walk up starters, but it sure sounded like it. Add to this is that Dufty is contracted to end 2021. I have a feeling Dufty will see out his contract (form permitting).

The way i see it, our back 5 for 2021, first grade, will look something like:
1. Dufty
2. Rava or Saab
3. Williame
4. Lomax
5. Saab or Rava

Canterbury Cup
1. Ramsey
2. Periera
3. SSE
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
You’re forgetting Silverman. Not sure if he’s a fullback or centre in the future, but needs to be in our 2023 plans for sure.

blacksafake

First Grade
Not sure about the three year’s.
I’d have thought a year to see how much improvement he could make & try him in the centres even in reserves.
I’m ok with persevering with him as I can see if the penny drops one day he’ll be worth the effort.

hazzbeen

Bench
Not sure about the three year’s.
I’d have thought a year to see how much improvement he could make & try him in the centres even in reserves.
I’m ok with persevering with him as I can see if the penny drops one day he’ll be worth the effort.
That my friend may be the problem , can he hear the penny drop ? Let's hope he does hear it .....