What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons re-sign Mikaele Ravalawa

hazzbeen

Bench
Not sure about the three year’s.
I’d have thought a year to see how much improvement he could make & try him in the centres even in reserves.
I’m ok with persevering with him as I can see if the penny drops one day he’ll be worth the effort.[/QUOTE. Yep if the penny drops ....
Report at 150k a year so seems good value to me
If its for 150 then yea its OK ......

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So Millward got sacked and Mary is now in charge of retention is he? When is the Lafai and Aitken extension news coming out? I am sure it won't be far away.

Old Timer

Coach
According to all reports we had to get in early with the offer as the 16th best Fijian in the NRL was much sort after.

dragons girl

Juniors
Cant believe we just signed this bloke for 3 years. Could not catch a cold. Again shows what a mess we are in.
Josh Kerr needs to be signed and then start looking for a back rower, front rower x2 and a top left centre.
Most of alll a new COACH
Media reports other clubs where after him so we moved quickly to sign him.

dragons girl

Juniors
You're right! As a rule our dpth signings should generally come from our pathways program and Millward should firstly be filling positions in our top 17 either by retention or recruitment.

A Saab contract upgrade should have been a higher priority than a Ravalawa signing. The wing positions are great when introducing young outside backs to first grade. So I say, Saab and Ramsey should be our wingers now and if Ramsey plays well there, he should gain consideration for a stint at fullback in time. In addition to Saab and Ramsey, we also have the Feagai brothers and young Shiller coming through. So why block up the right wing for 3 years with an unreliable player?
Not surprising really the management of this once proud club is a joke

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It's funny 're Saab
We made a great call signing him long term

He maybe do a Chricton and be able to play centre ?

Saab and Kerr running some some straight lines off clune would be interesting

True_Believer

Juniors
I have no agenda

Out of all the crap you write, that is the biggest lie you've ever written. Even in the face of evidence contradicting your rants, you continue to bag Millward at every turn. You are full of shit and your posts are getting boring.

RedVDave

First Grade
Would anyone else like to see rawa tried as an impact bench forward/ wide second rower. His signing is all wrong as a winger
Agree he is big and strong I think impact forward is the way to go, from memory he played off the bench against the roosters last year and was very dangerous running on fresh legs against tired forwards.

In saying that though I would still prefer not to have him in the team at all, but trialling him in the forwards is definitely worth a shot.

True_Believer

Juniors
You're right! As a rule our dpth signings should generally come from our pathways program and Millward should firstly be filling positions in our top 17 either by retention or recruitment.

A Saab contract upgrade should have been a higher priority than a Ravalawa signing. The wing positions are great when introducing young outside backs to first grade. So I say, Saab and Ramsey should be our wingers now and if Ramsey plays well there, he should gain consideration for a stint at fullback in time. In addition to Saab and Ramsey, we also have the Feagai brothers and young Shiller coming through. So why block up the right wing for 3 years with an unreliable player?

For a change, answer this. Who is re-signing these players throughout their junior careers and keeping them at the dragons until they are ready to hit NRL? Tell me, who is doing that? And then, why would that same person be letting them go without them getting a chance when they don't actually pick the team? Tell me who you think does this stuff and why.

BLM01

First Grade

Saab is signed for 2 more years..why would you upgrade him now?...likely do it when he proves his upgrade value in 1st grade just before his last year commences of his current contract which expires by the way in 2022. Lets revisit his contract next year would be more logic
Your logic is as bad as Mary's and not quite as good as the person you bag the most about their logic.
And do you read any news on the club through media or here (not that here is all and all reliable but). Ramsay is at least 4-6 weeks away minimum from playing so how can he play now? For goodness sakes :)
Lets get Millward in to coach :p..got to love Basil

possm

Coach
Sign Saab and our other juniors as stated before we were a better club when we used our loc as juniors. Not resigning players who are not worthy of it.
Saab will settle down now that Bellemy is about to be named as our new coach. Saab and Ravalawa will be his new super wingers. Vaughan, Kerr and Blacker will be his new punishing props. And just wait and see how good our half pairing of Clune and Sullivan are under his coaching.

BLM01

First Grade
Saab will settle down now that Bellemy is about to be named as our new coach. Saab and Ravalawa will be his new super wingers. Vaughan, Kerr and Blacker will be his new punishing props. And just wait and see how good our half pairing of Clune and Sullivan are under his coaching.
Now you are bordering on comical
You are the biggest gee up merchant on here..right?

possm

Coach
Saab is signed for 2 more years..why would you upgrade him now?...likely do it when he proves his upgrade value in 1st grade just before his last year commences of his current contract which expires by the way in 2022. Lets revisit his contract next year would be more logic
Your logic is as bad as Mary's and not quite as good as the person you bag the most about their logic.
And do you read any news on the club through media or here (not that here is all and all reliable but). Ramsay is at least 4-6 weeks away minimum from playing so how can he play now? For goodness sakes :)
Lets get Millward in to coach :p..got to love Basil
Becase somthing has happened to cause Saab to want out and apparantly there are a number of clubs after him. His is probably on base rates and so by upgrading his contract now - extra salary and longer term, the matter may be defused. He does have the making of being a quality right winger and has played at rep level in his junior days.

BLM01

First Grade
Becase somthing has happened to cause Saab to want out and apparantly there are a number of clubs after him. His is probably on base rates and so by upgrading his contract now - extra salary and longer term, the matter may be defused. He does have the making of being a quality right winger and has played at rep level in his junior days.
Manager pulling strings and if every club bent over to every manager / player demand we would have no money. If I was managing Saab I too would be bias about our current football club staff structure and push him to get out too..
But put your Millward hat on...he has a contract we dont have to release him or pay him anymore.
Put your coach hat on....give him some game time and let him show us all why we he is worth and worthy of a spot
Put a Boardroom hat on.....get our house in order so these up and comers and good player want to stay.
At the end of the day if he does not like what he sees in front of him and the club dont change well nothing will keep him here.
So digest all that Possm...and then choose what you think is right for the club and not over react