What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Titans

The Badger

Juniors
I don't think he will be special in the Mark Gasnier, Greg Inglis sense but shit if he produces what he produced tonight regularly for the next 6 years, he's worth his money. I actually think he will substantially improve but just like any player even Tedesco there will be a game here or there in his career where he misses a tackle or drops a bomb. No one is going though a whole season of NRL without even one mistake.
Lomax's defence was great again today.This defence will give him confidence in attack.We also saw enough from his try that he needs to get some clean ball which is not likely to happen with Norman uninspired and Tyson one dimensional without an offload.Frustrating to watch forwards that can't pass jarring attacks.Oh for the days of 2 class centres next to each other.

blacksafake

First Grade
So I shouldn’t ask if your disappointed then?
Probably more amazed that they didn’t OT.
However I’m not surprised they didn’t. The opportunity was there for them to run a few tries in but the fact they took the two on offer at the death says it all.

Belta

Juniors
Belta, I can understand your lack of conviction over what sort of performance the boys will produce. It's a bit hard trying to analyse the season to this point. But for me they did enough in the first two games to win both except for the constant handling errors. I suspect that sitting on those poor results for a couple of months affected confidence and put pressure on them when the comp restarted. Hopefully some confidence has been restored and some pressure eased. In addition with Clune at least sharing in the kicking duties and Hunt appearing to kick better from dummy half at least our kicking should not be as shambolic as it's been over several seasons. But then if Rava drops
bombs when not under pressure points can be quickly scored against the run of play. I love his strong running and big hits but I am surprised that his dropsy was not terminal for his place in the side.

Well dragonsteve2, you’ve predicted the drop balls, luckily we played pretenders so it’s all good we won anyway we all feel warm and fuzzy, which is a good thing, I’m enjoying another win. Like you I feel Ravs inconsistency should have seen him relegated to work on his game, but I’m not surprised (look whose coaching) I do also share your opinion that the changes have reflected positively on the team and agree we have been less shambolic, winning can really project belief and transform a side, however the unrelenting errors continue and that concerns me, to me the errors are foreshadowing a return to another a series of losses and from next week we face 3 contenders. Hope amongst hope I’m wrong, how good would it be to beat the rorters. Enjoying another win anyway

Old Timer

Coach
Didn't say he was blistering but he's not slow and probably faster than Aitken.
You are correct Lomax is definitely not slow.

Providing they don't bulk him up like they did Dugan he will get faster over the next few years.

He saved several situations today with speed and awareness of where he had to be. All the speed in the world is useless if you don't know where to be.

He is very professional in what he does on the field and he has tremendous strength whilst not yet full developed.

His defence front on is exceptional and his ability to turn and tackle around the legs is 1st class. His leg drive in attack and also when he tackles is great to watch.

In time his inside and outside men will learn they don't have to move in or out they can stay on their own man as Lomax is extremely dependable and able to comfortably make correct decisions during opposition attacking raids.

I see he is now starting to direct his inside and outside men in defence and if they take notice of him that side will stiffen up considerably.

Definitely an asset and seems to be overcoming all the chopping and changing he had to endure from Mc Humptydumpty.

Belta

Juniors
One of my observations of Lomax (that often gets unnoticed) is that he does a lot off ball especially defensively and (ps - I’m mostly not a big Norman fan) but I noticed a few times that Lomax and Norman worked well together defensively. See how that goes this weekend???

Latest posts