What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread 20/6/20

Happy MEel

First Grade
Also Blake is copping it, but Moses inside him missed 5 as well.

The Roosters managed to make them second guess other on that edge. They've been good this year but they were tested and found out a little tonight
Moses did drop off a few but his initial contact was pretty good. That requires effort. Blake’s initial contact was non-existent.

Wally21

Bench
Great performance for mine. Class & first half possession told in the end, and a poor call when JWH lost the ball blew the score out.

Jennings sin bin was absolutely fair BTW. Little things like making the effort to get back onside there, or Nrown maybe looking for a quick PTB instead of giving it to Sivo to go into touch.

Matto losing possession rather than scoring too. They just do the extras better but no one can say we didn't stick it to them
If Jennings sin binning was fair, why was Tedesco not sinbinned in the first half after lying all over Gutho after he made the break? Sorry, Cumstain had way way way too much influence on this game.
Not saying that the roosters would not have won, but why did he not check Fergos try? Why was he not going to call knock on to Parra on the chooks goal line until the touchie told him to check it?

IFR33K

Coach
We need a quality 14. We don’t. Stone was exposed like the f**king plodder he is. Blake is a terrible defender. He was f**king awful.

I don’t think the refs got them home. They were better, simple as that.

Yep we need a quality 14. Reed for all his courage and effort Missed a simple 1 on 1 that led to a try. Stone offers f^*k all as does terepo.

A player that may of thrived in our up tempo game is tepai

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gotta be near perfect to beat the chooks. First half mistakes cost us in some ways.

We'll be better for the run should we meet them again later. Solid dress rehersal. Gotta avoid cheap turn overs against the top teams.
I reckon if we had won they would've beaten us for sure next time we played. At least now we're a chance of getting them next time.

Snoochies

First Grade
F^$k, best loss we've had in a long while.

Next week will determine whether we learn or slide back to old Parra ways. We have to bounce back next week and put in a good performance. This part of the season on paper is the hardest 2 weeks we have.

Noise

Coach
I was pleased to see Stone got hooked at half time and never returned. Players don’t often get interchanged at half time unless there is an injury - Arthur must not have been happy with him.

IFR33K

Coach
Wasn't much in it. But Rooster did look the better side. Parra can learn from this game. They looked best with lots of short offloads.
Kafusi looks to strong to leave out of the 17. I'd drop Terepo next week. Stone had a ball raked and a bad refs call on that. What else did he do wrong? I forget, was it a high shot?
KE,Kafusi,Niakuore on bench with either Stone,Taka or W.Smith.
W .Smith can give a great 20mins when forwards are tired. And if Mahoney needs a rest he slots in. Otherwise he may get no game time which is fine. He will add spark

Will Smith would thrive in the last 15-20 minutes. But he should be given certain instructions to not kick.

Bazal

Post Whore
If Jennings sin binning was fair, why was Tedesco not sinbinned in the first half after lying all over Gutho after he made the break? Sorry, Cumstain had way way way too much influence on this game.
Not saying that the roosters would not have won, but why did he not check Fergos try? Why was he not going to call knock on to Parra on the chooks goal line until the touchie told him to check it?

Jennings made absolutely no effort to even get close to onside.

The Fergo no try was correct, why waste time?

Glenneel

Bench
Blake was diamonds last week and rocks this. Really he has played only one decent game, last week, for his whole time at Parra. I'd drop him for next week and bring Salmon in, he's not as fast but he can tackle. And with his skill set he could be a real threat. Ferguson needs a rest too until he learns to stay on his winger.

That last try Roosters scored was a referee try, JW-H dropped that ball cold as Terepo hardly touched it. Ref refused to give us 6 again despite many time Rooster refused to let us go. What is it with refs and Roosters and Storm slowing ruck but both get majority 6 agains?

We have to learn to start smarter, just too many errors in first half, like we always seem to do against top teams.

Last edited: