What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R6 Sat - Roosters 24-10 Eels @ Bankwest

Round 6: Roosters v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Great game , enjoyable to watch
Sin bin killed the game but was deserved. If grand final played at that intensity it will be a worthy grand final
Well done roosters , eels can hold there hard high

shear_joy9

Coach
Fantastic game and boy was it needed. The previous games this round have been f**king awful. They all had me doing a Latrell at the end of each match

Cockosh

Juniors
Game lived up to the type. I wasn’t sold on eels but they are very good team. They’ll only improve from here. Well done parra. Score line probably wasn’t reflective of the closeness of the game but we just seem to find a way. What a time to be a chooks fan. Just amazing. I think we are better at this point of the season compared to 2018 and 2019. We might be peaking too soon but geez it’s enjoyable.

The unknown

Juniors
That was a quality game.

Matterson probably best player on the park in a losing team. Jennings & Morris twins winding back the clock

The unknown

Juniors
I’m a Eels fan born and bred I’m one of the biggest diehard Eels fans you’ll ever meet.

I don’t know why I have to always justify to fat dorks on the internet that I’m a Eels fan I know I’m a true fan

Bazal you call yourself a Eels fan I couldn’t give a s**t who you support the only Eels fans I care about are me and all my family members I’d love to be at grand final day in a empty stadium of just me and about 200 family who are all born and bred Eels fans

I don’t get the losers on here like you and @hineyrulz who go on about how I’m not a Eels fans I don’t like you’s either and don’t give a sh!t who you support but I don’t carry on like a 2 year old sissy saying oh no yous ain’t Eels fan
I don’t give a care that you losers support the Eels so I don’t know why you make a big deal thinking you know me and know who I support I bet I’ve been to more Eels games and spent more money on memberships and merchandise than you ever will so get a life loser

I’m the biggest Eels fan in the world you call yourself a fan but I don’t care so I don’t why you care about who I support

#GetaLife

That was probably the most meaningless dribble to get your point across well done

aqua_duck

Coach
It's impossible to take this Roosters side completely seriously because the roster is, without doubt, exorbitantly over the cap. Everyone knows it. They're doing a good job so far not to get caught but so were Melbourne. Their roster makes no sense, it's laughable. Their day will come. It's good to see Rugba League slowly being cleaned up.
I'm not a roosters fan but they do a better job at roster management than anyone. People look at the roster and see a star studded team but ignore how many players they've let go. In the past 3-4 years they've let go Jennings, Napa, Evans, Matterson, Tetevano, Ferguson, Latrell, Cronk, Pearce, Guerra, Connor Watson, etc. For most clubs to lose so many top calibre players in a short period would cripple the team but what the roosters do well is player development. Most of the players they signed were either unwanted or had question marks before they signed with the roosters

This Year?

Immortal
After watching the Dragons Titans game I want to thank the Roosters and Eels for helping me to enjoy rugby league again.

That was one helluva game. To me it felt like I was watching a preliminary final. The difference between the 2 sides was the Roosters have so many players who will step up and own a moment when it's most needed.

natheel

Coach
Gee Roosters are a good side. Keary showed his class in that 1 play picking out a young tired Mahoney in the middle.

eels are in good hands but Moses needs to start doing that type of thing to break a game open. Dylan Brown is excellent as is Mahoney jut we need our 2 experienced spine players to lift. Another finals series under their belt will help. we can match it with the top teams now just have to learn to stay composed in big moments.

got a few things to learn about management but gee our defence is top notch. Our scrambling was excellent.our forwards are starting to win the first up contacts now. Last year our forwards at times really got rolled easily especially against storm and roosters.

mongoose

Coach
I cant ever remember a season wherecthe disparity between the haves and have nots has been so large.

Titans, dogs, warriors, saints, Broncos, cowboys, sharks are all trash

Unfortunately poor wests are the worst of the next 9.

Could be like 2018 again where there was 2 points between 1st and 8th

Did Moses play?

The Eels are the real deal, plenty of hard nuts mixed with some skill and the score did not really indicate how close they were, but the show pony no7 continues to be a massive anchor in big games. Against the Titans he is compared to Joey, but soon as they play a real quality team he is not to be found.

One set about ten minutes out from the end when the game was still thereto be won, he touched the ball for the first time on the fifth tackle and that was from a Hail Mary offload. He is the no7 and that is just not good enough. Although channel nine will continue to project him as this great talent...maybe because he has a contract with them

I thought Moses was quiet at best. He didn't seem to do much, and all I can remember of him was him going up to Cummins twice during the game and having a bitch about decisions he didn't like. I know halfbacks don't have to be the best player every game, every week, but he didn't seem to do much to put on any plays in attack or defence.

By comparison, Dylan Brown completely outshone him for the Eels. He seemed to have a hand in everything in defence and attack. He was still trying till the end. Where the heck was Mitchell Moses in the last 20 minutes when the game was on the line?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I love DylBro. His long kicking leaves a lot to be desired at this stage though. His strength right now is his defence for a young half, and his willingness to bite into the line.

We might be in shit if we lose him because we haven't got a specific backup half, not because of who is left...Did ok with Moses and Salmon last year though.

I'm happy with my halfback steering the ship the way Moses did for most of the night. I wouldn't be happy with 2018-era Moses trying a trick shot hail mary play 8-0 down. If you want to fixate on one moment to bash the guy then that says a lot about your motives IMO. Personally I would picked his miskick in the first half, that was ordinary.

All shit aside, it has seemed to me like this entire season Moses hasn’t been nearly as involved. He is playing a very similar role to Nathan Cleary in that he basically just distributes and kicks. I’m not seeing much play making and a few little runs here and there.

This isn’t an attack on him, it’s merely an observation. Maybe it’s because Dylan Brown has come on so strongly, or maybe it’s Arthur’s game plan. I get that Andrew Johns coaches the Eels halves so those boys are running point on 9/Fox. However he has been a lot quieter yet the media is blowing smoke up his arse purely because the Eels are winning.

stormbati

Bench
Jennings and Morris gave their younger opposites a good old fashioned bath. Great to see.
Parra just lacking that full 80 intensity.

super_coach

First Grade
Lol

I was surprised how Jake Friend stayed on in the first half; he was bleeding, and likely confused, but it is what it is.

Yep got up from a tackle Was staggering and in Disney land and no head bin. It’s become a joke, players are gassed and fake a head knock and get a free spell, where other players get a real whack and stay on the paddock especially if they play in the spine. Very hard thing to police I guess

super_coach

First Grade
I cant ever remember a season wherecthe disparity between the haves and have nots has been so large.

Titans, dogs, warriors, saints, Broncos, cowboys, sharks are all trash

Unfortunately poor wests are the worst of the next 9.

Mate there is your mob, than a gap to Parra and Canberra, than a small gap to the Storm, Penrith and Manly, than a small gap to the Knights, another small gap to Souths.
That’s your top 8 done and dusted. The Tigers and the Bronks are the best of the pretenders but would need a salary cap scandal to make the eight.

Under the new rules it’s near impossible to pull a upset off, because you can’t slow the ruck down and the good teams just steamroll the poorer teams

Bazal

Post Whore
All shit aside, it has seemed to me like this entire season Moses hasn’t been nearly as involved. He is playing a very similar role to Nathan Cleary in that he basically just distributes and kicks. I’m not seeing much play making and a few little runs here and there.

This isn’t an attack on him, it’s merely an observation. Maybe it’s because Dylan Brown has come on so strongly, or maybe it’s Arthur’s game plan. I get that Andrew Johns coaches the Eels halves so those boys are running point on 9/Fox. However he has been a lot quieter yet the media is blowing smoke up his arse purely because the Eels are winning.

You could say the same for Gutherson too, he's been much less involved. I don't think there's one specific reason for it.

Definitely DylBro is a big reason. Last year he missed a lot of footy and when he was there he was a debutant anyway so Moses/Gutho had more responsibility, especially when they played with Salmon at 6. I don't think Mahoney growing in confidence in the middle can be discounted, either.

BA has obviously worked their tits off to sort our defence in the off season and he's obviously focusing on that and playing a simpler game, at least early. We're more direct and (most of the time) patient with the ball than last year and the new rules have made that even more valuable, so we do play a lot more through the middle than 2019. Kick long, back the defence, work back through the middle and with the edge forwards, and wear sides out.

He's got Matto outside him instead of Ma'u too....Manu was a great player but Matto has more skill, so Moses can play a bit differently with that edge. I think Matto has as many try assists as Moses, Brown and Gutho.

Plus, even last year, we do attack to the left more often than the right. 9 tries between DylBro, Jennings and Sivo this year already and 36 last year.

I'm happy to see him play a halfback's game tbh. Sometimes you need to take that step back and just play simple. In the past he's done the exact opposite but what he really needs to do is start simple and expand that when we earn the opportunity and the space for him to do it. I thought he did that last night, when we came out after half time and had that space both he and Brown took good advantage of it. When the Roosters got back on top we went back to simple, but then Jennings got himself binned and it was all over from there. Won't chase points against the Roosters with 12 men.

Sonny83

Juniors
the game lived up to the expectation, easily game of the year so far. Seeing how the Moz twins performed for my club, I'm racking my brain why no other clubs going out of their way to sign or retain them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I want to ask - non-Eels fans, did the Eels impress and/or surprise you last night?

I have a Roosters-supporting mate who says he wasn't impressed at all, because we conceded 24 points...

I thought we were very good.

Last edited: