What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Third single....

TV forces.

TV forces give the nod...
It’s a set back for your footy club
Losses and excuses all in rows
Until power taken from the coach

Divided team blame jbd
Who controls the issue
Leaves us with no time talk
Ffs they’re all the same

St George sons of no denying
2 wins now, the boys are trying
Waiting for the next big coach

When you read it, don’t believe it
PR machine after dogs of war
Loyalty is more the thing
Losses count for nothing

Now players leaving call the shots
Coaches signed in parking lots
In the shadow of bjs fake review

Steelers sons of no denying
Became a pair of socks and gave up trying
Waiting for the next big coach...

D5A9C397-D2C6-4614-BCF1-D8116CCD79D5.jpeg

LINESPEED

Juniors
You just have to wonder how he does it - escapes the hangman’s noose season after season ?

Well he’s actually on a 4 week suspended sentence
- if Webby
On his
Day 76
could confirm
Hoops’ leak
in this Age of Transparency & chatting to the members?

Anyway the 2 easy games are done
& the puffadder in the box
was able to retract his fangs a touch

(Still didn’t seem like such a ‘good bloke’ - spitting venom in the box & giving Josh an eyeballing at the break etc)

So let’s see about this stay of execution

2 losses in the pipeline will see McFailed at 2-6

@25% win ratio for 2020

(That’s way worse than 2019)

Quite acceptable Bruce at Wreck Island Estate I s’pose?

especially as we’re front runners in the Mediocre Stakes

I mean the bar is so low now that a scrappy win against the legless ladderless Titans

is triumphal
(for the cardboards in the stands)

Mute applause

(Someone last year said he’d get 8 games in 2020 before the axe would fall)

y’know that step of Zac’s at half pace even
told me the kid’s just about broken free
of McFail’s shackles Ryan

(kinda like Kurt’s breakout from the Cuckoo’s McRatched)

Onya Zac

And the Saab’ll be pedal-to-the-metal-free down the highway soon enough

But Webby, I ramble,
but before I forget,

..... don’t you just love the fuc/koff body language between the real coach & The Pretender in the box ATM
(You could cut the air with a knife)

&
BTW

You & Andrew should take a leaf outa the Warriors’ CEO Cameron George’s hymn book on this Sabbath:

“The Warriors' brutal call to axe Kearney is set to cost them a reported $2 million, given the former New Zealand coach was in the first 12 months of a three-year extension.”

...FMD eh

That’s how it’s done fellas.

No spin or deflection
or extended stays of execution in The Land Of The Long White Cloud

That owner wants a Title!

QED

(Dick Mulheron my old maths teacher & coach used to write QED after completing maths’ equations on the blackboard.
Poor fella played mainly wing for the Dogs & ran into Sticks in ‘62 & that was the end of the equation for him too

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There was nothing yesterday that showed we have "improved". Yes we won, but I think our JF boys would have gone close to winning that game.
Playing the bottom ranked ream who were reduced to 1 bench player, losing their fullback, replacememt fullback and a centre, we should have racked up 40+. In fact the 2nd half was 6-6.

Pressure off McGregor? Not in the least, in fact it should be the opposite.

With Kearney gone, and Green on vwry shakey ground, we of course are sitting on our hands, or so it seems.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I posted this in Jubilee Avenue:

So teams I can think of that have moved on coaches since Mary took over at the Dragons:
Broncos - looked for a replacement to Bennett
Gold Coast - sacked Neil Henry & Garth Bennan
Newcastle - sacked Nathan Brown
Manly - sacked Toovey and Trent Barrett
Bulldogs - sacked Hasler
Rabbits - sacked Maguire
Tigers - sacked Jason Taylor
Panthers - sacked Ivan Cleary & Anthony Girffin
Warriors - sacked McFadden & Kearney

Mary has survived nine teams moving on 13 coaches, plus other coaching movements. Some of those sacked were premiership winners, most with a better finals record.

Of the teams that haven't sacked their coaches, Sharks*, Storm, Roosters, & Cowboys have won premierships since 2014 and Canberra made the grand final.

Others: Parramatta Eels.

* Flanno was suspended by the NRL

LINESPEED

Juniors
Mary has survived nine teams moving on 13 coaches, plus other coaching movements. Some of those sacked were premiership winners, most with a better finals record.

As I’ve said before, McFail has the 2nd worst longterm finals record since 1908

Now that’s quite a record

And scrappily beating the last placed Titans changes nothing

Perhaps only The Gordons can justify such entrenched failure?

getsmarty

Immortal
73357cc9f870c44e8d3816cf0b2252b5

Gareth67

First Grade
Undoubtedly a man for all seasons !

However one of our members post had a photo of the maestro and Flanagan in the coaches box . Mary was looking at the play , whereas Flanno was staring away in a completely different direction . Just shows the enormous gulf between the two , as perhaps the rift itself may be ?

The sgi board should be on the phone to Bennett for next year, before the Warriors, Dogs or NQ pounce.

He needs to be signed for three years and consulted now on what players he wants.

He is a enigma, his teams generally perform I think he could coach to aged 77 with little drama.

He’d need to be given open slather with staff.

He’d fire all assistant coaches and support staff in about 15 minutes.

Mismanagement by Design and the Meditation Experts would be gone by the time he parked his car.

Bennett is probably in discussions with a number of clubs right now. But sadly, probably not you guys as there will be one to two seasons wasted thanks to Mary and Millward. That’s starting from a tough handicap.

He will want more overs than a Boxing Day test match.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
There was nothing yesterday that showed we have "improved". Yes we won, but I think our JF boys would have gone close to winning that game.
Playing the bottom ranked ream who were reduced to 1 bench player, losing their fullback, replacememt fullback and a centre, we should have racked up 40+. In fact the 2nd half was 6-6.

Agree 100%

Toovey should replace Waterboy immediately for the rest of 2020

I’m actually enjoying watching Manly since the Barrett connection, along with Reuben’s & Thommo’s shifts

There are so many refugees from the asylum that we’ve managed to cede the NRL with ex juniors

hewi

Bench
Undoubtedly a man for all seasons !

However one of our members post had a photo of the maestro and Flanagan in the coaches box . Mary was looking at the play , whereas Flanno was staring away in a completely different direction . Just shows the enormous gulf between the two , as perhaps the rift itself may be ?

The shot yesterday of Flanagan in the coaches box with McGregor was one of total disdain. The arms were crossed and the look on his face said it all.

LINESPEED

Juniors
bb50621515a4e57a6fc8a88ce8056436

Cardboard fans + cardboard coach

This is how you nurture talent Waterboy.
Take a leaf out of O’Brien’s coaching manual:

“Adam's been really good for me. He said to me at the start of pre-season ... he wasn't going to move me; he was going to stick with me in one position and give me a decent crack at it and it's worked out well for me."

So far this season Mann has five try-assists and two tries, helping the Knights to sit second on the NRL ladder.”

Yet of course McGroan was the sycophant Lovechild of choice.

I hope Kurt & Tyson win a ring together
....as McGoner looks on
unemployed with Turnstile
in a Dapto pub

PS
And the little Manly fella would get our backline sorted:

FOX:
“THE results speak for themselves over the last four years.”

“With a grand final appearance, two more finals runs, a 2015 campaign that still isn’t dead in the water and a winning percentage of 58per cent,
“THE results speak for themselves over the last four years.”

Last edited:

sco22

Juniors
Third single....

TV forces.

TV forces give the nod...
It’s a set back for your footy club
Losses and excuses all in rows
Until power taken from the coach

Divided team blame jbd
Who controls the issue
Leaves us with no time talk
Ffs they’re all the same

St George sons of no denying
2 wins now, the boys are trying
Waiting for the next big coach

When you read it, don’t believe it
PR machine after dogs of war
Loyalty is more the thing
Losses count for nothing

Now players leaving call the shots
Coaches signed in parking lots
In the shadow of bjs fake review

Steelers sons of no denying
Became a pair of socks and gave up trying
Waiting for the next big coach...

View attachment 39341
You crack me up very clever hahahahaha

Gareth67

First Grade
The shot yesterday of Flanagan in the coaches box with McGregor was one of total disdain. The arms were crossed and the look on his face said it all.

Yes hewi ,just so . I cannot see Flanagan outlasting the maestro , he has eyes and can see the obvious faults with our style of play .

Undoubtedly he also knows how to rectify those faults , but whilst serving out his suspension he can only do so much and even that would probably get thrown out the window by the Dragons master coach .

What a bluudy shambles the place is .