What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

RED73V

Juniors
I have spoken to someone today who knows Jason Saab very well. That person assured me the only reason he wants to leave is because of the coach!!! No other reason. Tyson’s leaving Vaughn apparently wants to & so does Josh Kerr & I’m sure there are plenty of others that do as well. There is one common denominator McGregor he is a cancer :cancer:. For the love of the club & the fans PISS HIM OFF NOW!!!!

blacksafake

First Grade
I have spoken to someone today who knows Jason Saab very well. That person assured me the only reason he wants to leave is because of the coach!!! No other reason. Tyson’s leaving Vaughn apparently wants to & so does Josh Kerr & I’m sure there are plenty of others that do as well. There is one common denominator McGregor he is a cancer :cancer:. For the love of the club & the fans PISS HIM OFF NOW!!!!
If as it appears to be that L plate is on the way out the door you would hope that someone in the club would tell these players & their managers that there will be a new coach & hold fire. Unless he’s staying or the new coach they have in mind is also not liked by the players:thinking:

hewi

Bench

Sad as it maybe but when all the talent has departed maybe the board will have that light bulb moment and show him the door. Pity about the massive long term damage. I’m finding now I don’t hate the grubs, shonkies or manly as much, the reason is I think StGeorge are losing me.:cry::cry:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Is Andrew Gordon simply dumb, ignorant or a tight arse. Surely he can see & hear the damage his peanut mate is inflicting on the Dragons team and fan base.
Time is money and this moron of a coach has been given too much time and way too much money for so little in return.
2 wins on the trot against 2 bottom dwellers should not have any bearing on moving the flog out and begin fixing his mess. Our younger players need some reassurances and confidence that they have a future with the Dragons, especially Saab.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Is Andrew a Gordon simply dumb, ignorant or a tight arse. Surely he can see & hear the damage his peanut mate is inflicting on the Dragons team and fan base.
Time is money and this moron of a coach has been given too much time and way too much money for so little in return.
2 wins on the trot against 2 bottom dwellers should not have any bearing on moving the flog out and begin fixing his mess. Our younger players need some reassurances and confidence that they have a future with the Dragons, especially Saab.
If he’s a tightarse it’s going to bite him on the arse. This will end up costing much more in lost memberships and lost players than if he bit the bullet. 2021 is a very important year for us in recruitment/retention and no one wants to sign. The Warriors, Sharks, Bulldogs, and Cowboys could all be looking for a coach in 2021 and they don’t grow on trees. Melbourne will also be looking for one in 2022. I would be snapping someone up quicksmart before someone else does.

Coffs dragon

Bench
If he’s a tightarse it’s going to bite him on the arse. This will end up costing much more in lost memberships and lost players than if he bit the bullet. 2021 is a very important year for us in recruitment/retention and no one wants to sign. The Warriors, Sharks, Bulldogs, and Cowboys could all be looking for a coach in 2021 and they don’t grow on trees. Melbourne will also be looking for one in 2022. I would be snapping someone up quicksmart before someone else does.
Forbes the Board & Chairman only have themselves to blame and I’m sure they will stuff up the “how to fix it mess” They will dilly dally around with any decision making or payout.
In the end, they will be last club to the new coach party and take an easy option.

That image in the coaches box of Flanno sitting there with his back turned to the peanut, sums up the clubs biggest problem (the current arrogant head coach) Oblivious to advice or criticism thru his Deflector shield.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If as it appears to be that L plate is on the way out the door you would hope that someone in the club would tell these players & their managers that there will be a new coach & hold fire. Unless he’s staying or the new coach they have in mind is also not liked by the players:thinking:
I'd say that there is still squabbles within the Club on who the replacement should be. Craig Young is pushing very hard for his son Dean to be Mary's replacement; and not just as an interim replacement. Thank God he does not have a majority on this one.

denis preston

First Grade
Is Andrew Gordon simply dumb, ignorant or a tight arse. Surely he can see & hear the damage his peanut mate is inflicting on the Dragons team and fan base.

Surely they have the wheels in motion to start a new coach in 21 ? Players need to know where they stand. A quiet word "öff the record , never to be repeated " to reassure Saab etc is what is needed.The worst thing to happen now is for the Board to spend big on new signings for 21 to give "Paul, the best chance to succeed " but if that happens that will do me !
This is why the Bennett scenario makes great sense. He will clean out at least the coaching department and get the Pathways program back on track.

BLM01

First Grade
Surely they have the wheels in motion to start a new coach in 21 ? Players need to know where they stand. A quiet word "öff the record , never to be repeated " to reassure Saab etc is what is needed.The worst thing to happen now is for the Board to spend big on new signings for 21 to give "Paul, the best chance to succeed " but if that happens that will do me !
This is why the Bennett scenario makes great sense. He will clean out at least the coaching department and get the Pathways program back on track.

Reassure...they have done that.
After listening to Millward pump his chest like Tarzan about the signing of Rav and letting the cat out of the bag to appease Saab by saying they are the Dragons long term future wingers...
I just hope someone had the gumption to speak to JP before that interview with an explanation..
Then again probably not
As we officially now (after Kearney was sacked) have the worst head coach in the NRL we also have the worst media department by far that are a PR disaster.......no wonder the players a leading the revolt!

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm just wondering and I suppose I'm just concerned that if Saab was selected for the match against the Roosters after such a long lay off of not playing, would he be able to match it with marking either Morris or Tupou? If he doesn't, will he be reselected again for the next match by Mary and if not it might trigger him definitely wanting to leave us.

possm

Coach
After listening to Millward pump his chest like Tarzan about the signing of Rav and letting the cat out of the bag to appease Saab by saying they are the Dragons long term future wingers...
I just hope someone had the gumption to speak to JP before that interview with an explanation..
Then again probably not
As we officially now (after Kearney was sacked) have the worst head coach in the NRL we also have the worst media department by far that are a PR disaster.......no wonder the players a leading the revolt!
We have Dufty, JP, Ramsey, Schiller, Ravalawa, Saab and Feagai all vying for a back 3 spot. None of whom are yet rated as in the top 5 of the competition for fullback, left-wing or right-wing.

We need an NRL Dragons 17 filled with players who are top grade NRL players. Canterbury Cup is the place to progress the skills of promising players.

I say, fill the top 17 with top first-grade players first, replacing any player that leaves with 'like for like or better'. Than backfill reserve grade with a mix of youth and experienced players who are able replacements in times of need.

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'm just wondering and I suppose I'm just concerned that if Saab was selected for the match against the Roosters after such a long lay off of not playing, would he be able to match it with marking either Morris or Tupou? If he doesn't, will he be reselected again for the next match by Mary and if not it might trigger him definitely wanting to leave us.
Other clubs don't seem to have problems bring in replacements but we will as all they seem to be doing is wanting out. Hope they prove me wrong.

possm

Coach
Then again probably not
So on this occasion who is responsible for this amazing feet? Is it Millward who does not have last say or is it Mary who hasn't a clue.

I suppose we have to wait until the results are in:
If Saab and Ravalawa are our future pair of wingers.
If Ravalawa proves to be a good winger.
If Saab stays on after his curent contract expires.

qld redvee

Juniors
Just a question for all -- If Saab is still under contract then how can other clubs approach him with offers ? isnt this what the NRL call "illegal " and isnt to happen ...
at least this weekend he should get a run ( good golly welcome back to first grade against the chooks) supercoach MUST be told by the other selectors that saab needs to stay in first grade to develop not get hooked. We could even attempt to have a game plan thought up that could involve kicking to saabs wing to take advantage of his height - how hard could it be ???? and wouldnt it be good to see him latch onto some of dufftys cut out passes ....

Dragon David

First Grade
If Saab gets to play on Friday, let's see how he goes. It is going to be a tough one playing opposite Morris or Tupou but he must be given a chance to show what he has to offer, particularly in a game that will be dominated by the Roosters from the outset.

possm

Coach
Just a question for all -- If Saab is still under contract then how can other clubs approach him with offers ? isnt this what the NRL call "illegal " and isnt to happen ...
at least this weekend he should get a run ( good golly welcome back to first grade against the chooks) supercoach MUST be told by the other selectors that saab needs to stay in first grade to develop not get hooked. We could even attempt to have a game plan thought up that could involve kicking to saabs wing to take advantage of his height - how hard could it be ???? and wouldnt it be good to see him latch onto some of dufftys cut out passes ....
Yes, Saab hasn't played for months and now comes up against the form team of the competition. Mary just can't wait for Saab to stuff up as he will see it as justification for non-selection.

denis preston

First Grade
The next 4 weeks team selections will give us some insight to super coach's standing in the club. If Saab, Ford,Britian Etc remain outside the 17 it may indicate that Mcf**knucle still welds some power . The club may feel that they cant do anything until Jan 1st to save half a mill. Only total embarrassment on the field will force change before that. On that note even if we appointed a coach , if egghead could prove we signed him up before this date he may sue for his half mill because the decision was made earlier ?
Change needs to be done now and if not just put the bastard in the naughty corner and give him nothing to do.

Latest posts