What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Perth Tiger

Bench
We should be moving heaven and Earth to convince Grant to stay. Has class written all over him.
Madge says that they are just waiting and seeing, but you know he is working behind the scenes. Problem is until Cam Smith makes a decision on next year everyone’s hands are tied

simmo1

First Grade
Madge says that they are just waiting and seeing, but you know he is working behind the scenes. Problem is until Cam Smith makes a decision on next year everyone’s hands are tied

I think he'll go around again unless he gets injured or Storm win the comp.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I think he'll go around again unless he gets injured or Storm win the comp.
I agree but you know they won’t announce that early to give Grant and the Tigers time to work on a release/out clause, they will drag it out (as they should as that is what a competent club does) to try and make sure Grant goes back

Tigerm

First Grade
I agree but you know they won’t announce that early to give Grant and the Tigers time to work on a release/out clause, they will drag it out (as they should as that is what a competent club does) to try and make sure Grant goes back
We could use the Matterson excuses and we will be sweet.

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge didn’t say the words “He will return to Melbourne” I cant remember something like a deals a deal or some vague comment ...possession is 9/10 of the law fk them in fact let’s do a swap Grant for Ado Carr if they want Grant so much haha ...the thing is a lot of the time I think a player makes friends and sees that club as home and as long as everything else is good they tend to want to stay...Madge will be mad not to throw the kitchen sink at him to make him stay ...and that ought to do it...obviously inching up the ladder won’t hurt either but he’s a kid, he needs stability and as long as we aren’t doing too badly and he’s playing every week and there’s a winning stable environment which we have I think/hope he stays

Last edited:
He needs to be consistent doesn't he. Playing great is awesome but you need to do it consistently.

Unfair. The Raiders game was a defensive game and a young bloke got caught up in the grind. Raiders were intense and didn't give our halves or Grant any time.

He's well in front of anything we've got. If the opportunity arises to hang on to him we must keep him.

gordsy

Juniors
People keep saying we are Interested in De-Felon. Can't imagine why. Bloke hasn't played for two years and will be looking to earn as much as he can to make up for lost time. No thanks.

Tiger05

First Grade
Unfair. The Raiders game was a defensive game and a young bloke got caught up in the grind. Raiders were intense and didn't give our halves or Grant any time.

He's well in front of anything we've got. If the opportunity arises to hang on to him we must keep him.

I don't think it is unfair. He made a lot of errors in that game. He is clearly a potentially great little player. If he wants to be great he has to be consistent.

I haven’t seen Foran play lately but he has certainly had some lean years through injury, the last thing we need is another signing that virtually just fills cap space by sitting on the sidelines .

Fordy20

Juniors
I reckon our forward pack is in pretty decent shape this year and will improve even more next year. I don't think De Belin would be worth it even if he was acquitted.

I can't see Foran coming across either. We have a logjam of halves at the moment with Brooks, Benji, Reynolds and potentially Mbye, Doueihi as well as the young blokes like Madden and Talau.

At the moment, I'm more concerned about wingers.