What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
In respect of Dean Whare if he wishes to continue playing, he will almost certainly have to look overseas. 31 by the time next season rolls around so if he want’s to play for another two or three years, one last contract, he would definitely have to go to UK. He’s fairly settled in Glenmore Park and has a couple of young ones which is the only downside to going overseas, it is not easy taking a large family to the UK where the quality of life is very different to what his family would enjoy here. Not least of all it rains for 300 days of the year and 6 hours of daylight in the winter months can be a tough slog, very hard to acclimatise to.

Pretty much this. Whatever anyone thinks of Whare the backline is a young guys position and even the best have issues past 30.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isn’t it a tad ironic the last truly try scoring winger we had was the ‘limo’. The much maligned David Simmons. What he great servant he was across his two clubs. 200 NRL games, 88 games for the Panthers in which he scored 49 tries, pretty amazing really for someone who wasn’t an elite athlete, just Mr Dependable. Dean Whare probably was responsible for a number of try assists for the ‘Limo’ back in the day. The ‘Limo’ gone but not forgotten!!!!

BxTom

Bench
He was good when he 1st arrived but after 3 knee recos hes gone backwards.Not his fault the club signed him to a 5yr deal but it will be the clubs fault if he is still here to honor it.With naden mcgrady waiting in the wings we cant hold them back any longer.Yeah he csn put on a great shot every now and then that inspires the team but centres need to create for there outside men and he aint doing that.
If Naden played against the storm, we lose. Great attacking weapon, but no defence.

Black Magik

Juniors
How long is Burton signed for?

The Broncos ridding themselves of Milton is getting stronger. Burton would be an obvious target.

WestyLife

First Grade
OFFICIAL. 21-year-old forward J'maine Hopgood swaps the construction site for the Panthers bubble after being upgraded to an NRL development contract.

May did enough in the trials to prove that he belongs in the 14, and 100% deserves an extension. He'll cost f**k all too, so you can't really go wrong.

It’s a question of re-signing someone that’s been a trouble maker, not his talent.

Personally I think it sends the wrong message to re-sign him.

Also it’s a mistake to re-sign him before Burton as well. We should be locking down our best talent first.

Whino

Bench
It’s a question of re-signing someone that’s been a trouble maker, not his talent.

Personally I think it sends the wrong message to re-sign him.

Also it’s a mistake to re-sign him before Burton as well. We should be locking down our best talent first.

Burton probably won't extend unless he gets game time. I could be wrong. The young players seem to be impatient nowadays.
I don't know how he ticks. No doubt there will be some vultures hang around come November.

Yes May would take the second rower position on the bench in that situation which is Burns right now.

Problem is when Capewell returns. Both Capewell & Martin are better second row options than May. Even Bryce Cartwright I think would be better.

May to me is more of a mobile lock, or fill in half.

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s some good news.

Although it also indicates he’s likely sticking with Luai which some people may not like.

Problem is when Capewell returns. Both Capewell & Martin are better second row options than May. Even Bryce Cartwright I think would be better.

May to me is more of a mobile lock, or fill in half.

I can answer these with 1 thing. I want Burton and Luai on the field for the 80 to help create points.

I was just explaining that May could fit there. It wouldn't necessarily be best.

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s some good news.

Although it also indicates he’s likely sticking with Luai which some people may not like.

Need to see the full strength spine in action but beating Roosters and Storm gives them more time. If Luai does the job then it doesn’t matter. Injuries will be key and even a few week injury could see guys jumped in the pecking order

Need to see the full strength spine in action but beating Roosters and Storm gives them more time. If Luai does the job then it doesn’t matter. Injuries will be key and even a few week injury could see guys jumped in the pecking order

Laurie Daley & Brad Fittler played centre in their early days, I’m sure they got to use their playmaking talent in the position. Centre first and then fullback for Burton I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.