What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Wonder what they are planning if they are just waiting for him to pick up a second position. Fullback he could be our Tom Turbo.

I know there’s a romance about the halves, but arguably the two best players in the comp right now are fullbacks. Teddy & Turbo. Maybe even the three best with RTS. Fullback has become a vital position.

The_Frog

First Grade
I know there’s a romance about the halves, but arguably the two best players in the comp right now are fullbacks. Teddy & Turbo. Maybe even the three best with RTS. Fullback has become a vital position.
I don't know how anyone can compare fullbacks with middle forwards and say one is better than the other. It's like saying Steve Smith is a better cricketer than Glenn McGrath was.

The Realist

Juniors
A little bit of to much hype on what May could be. What I have seen from him so far. I would say average with the odd glimpse.
Plenty of players receive hype in the lower grades and don't make it or kick on.

He was excellent when he first got into the side and complemented Cleary very well, better than any other player so far including Maloney, Laui and Burton. He then had a serious injury, was adequate not great after making a comeback and then...all the controversies hit during seasons when he should have been killing it having had long enough to fully recover.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I don't know how anyone can compare fullbacks with middle forwards and say one is better than the other. It's like saying Steve Smith is a better cricketer than Glenn McGrath was.

I think Steve Smith is a better cricketer than Glenn McGarth.

but you make a valid point.

Either way, fullback has become a very key position. At least the equal of 5/8, probably more important.

He was excellent when he first got into the side and complemented Cleary very well, better than any other player so far including Maloney, Laui and Burton. He then had a serious injury, was adequate not great after making a comeback and then...all the controversies hit during seasons when he should have been killing it having had long enough to fully recover.

Burton has only played one game next to Cleary.

I honestly don’t think May complements Cleary’s play at all. May is a natural ball runner, just like Cleary. They might’ve gone okay together, but in the long run I think it’s better to have someone who has a great passing game. Which Cleary doesn’t.

betcats

Referee
Ball playing locks are definitely coming back into fashion so May or even Burton may find themselves spending some time in the middle off the bench. But Yeo will hold down the starting 13 imo, he can pass well enough and is just such a solid guy to have there. Hes developed some kind of Jeremy Smith like Judo-tackle where he just wraps a guy ball and all and swings them around and down onto their backs, its beautiful to watch him ground an opposition prop with ease that way.

Sime_11

Juniors
10. Fish
13. Yeo

80 min toilers who wont let the team down, every other forward needs to be rotated during the game.

May/Luai at 14 to give Api a rest is beneficial - Api can play 80, but he hasn't been effective for the 80 and rest mid game should make him sharp for his second stint in the game, which should only benefit the team and a tiring defence, this should be the same for Kikau.

I think Capewell will struggle to come back into the starting squad if Martin keeps playing well like he has, we need our right edge 2nd row to be threatening so there is less reliance on Kikau.

I think its time Tamou is moved on - he's done a good job for us, but we are in a position now where we are bulging with front row talent (Fish, Leota, Tetevano, Hetherington, Leniu + more) - these guys are the future of the team. Tamou has served his purpose here the past 4 years, hopefully he can nab a healthy deal elsewhere - we have him covered IMO (with respect to Jimmy of course).

Kilkenny

Coach
Ball playing locks are definitely coming back into fashion so May or even Burton may find themselves spending some time in the middle off the bench. But Yeo will hold down the starting 13 imo, he can pass well enough and is just such a solid guy to have there. Hes developed some kind of Jeremy Smith like Judo-tackle where he just wraps a guy ball and all and swings them around and down onto their backs, its beautiful to watch him ground an opposition prop with ease that way.

I think the form of Isaah Yeo is perhaps a reflection of the fact he is injury free for the first time in a couple of seasons.

He was clearly playing with injuries over the course the last two seasons and even then rarely let us down. He is a fine player and very under rated give the media love for the Cameron Murrays and Victor Radley’s in the same position.

I think the form of Isaah Yeo is perhaps a reflection of the fact he is injury free for the first time in a couple of seasons.

He was clearly playing with injuries over the course the last two seasons and even then rarely let us down. He is a fine player and very under rated give the media love for the Cameron Murrays and Victor Radley’s in the same position.

Radley’s gone for the season. Could open up an opportunity for Yeo to make the Origin side

Status
Not open for further replies.