What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mave

Coach
f**k Greenburg.
He was an inconsistent piece of shit that played favourites from day 1.
I actually rate Gallop over Greenburg, and that is saying something, given how poorly Gallop treated the game, some clubs, and a few individual players.

The NRL is clearly much better for Greenburgs recent departure.

In corporate world there’s ‘gardening leave’ to prevent you working at a rival for a period of months and protection of IP via your talking. Not sure you can legally stop him from telling his side of the story provided there’s no slander. What you brought up are (what will be) indisputable facts and figures that will find their way into a published annual report. They’ll support one side of the story in the end. They won’t fudge the figures cos you’re entering the murky world of fraud. If he keeps quiet, it will be more likely he doesn’t want to wreck his chances at landing another corporate gig. I hope the truth comes out. I don’t like Greenberg but I’m no fan of News and Nine either. I’m looking forward to a Roy Masters article on the subject.

betcats

Referee
In corporate world there’s ‘gardening leave’ to prevent you working at a rival for a period of months and protection of IP via your talking. Not sure you can legally stop him from telling his side of the story provided there’s no slander. What you brought up are (what will be) indisputable facts and figures that will find their way into a published annual report. They’ll support one side of the story in the end. They won’t fudge the figures cos you’re entering the murky world of fraud. If he keeps quiet, it will be more likely he doesn’t want to wreck his chances at landing another corporate gig. I hope the truth comes out. I don’t like Greenberg but I’m no fan of News and Nine either. I’m looking forward to a Roy Masters article on the subject.

Non-disclosure agreements are definitely a thing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ah yes but those figures that PR mentioned will be available for all to see in an annual report. Why can’t he talk about that when it’s made public? If it vindicates him of course.

because Of the non discourse contract. They diD an interview with Smith last year and was hoping he would spill the beans on his sacking but he didn’t, very vanilla interview.

because Of the non discourse contract. They diD an interview with Smith last year and was hoping he would spill the beans on his sacking but he didn’t, very vanilla interview.

Ah, didn’t see it. Still, I can’t see Roy Masters letting it rest. I hope he does write something about it one day using ‘unnamed sources’.

LeagueXIII

First Grade

Wasn't there an article stating 4 Corners were going to do a story on Greenberg's demise?

LeagueXIII

First Grade

taipan

Referee
This is what I found, it was written by Rothfield so take that how you like.

Search Results
Web results

ABC's Four Corners to investigate NRL's financial woes | Daily ...
www.dailytelegraph.com.au › sport › nrl › news-story

May 9, 2020 - Phil Rothfield, The Sunday Telegraph. May 9, 2020 ... He, too, has been approached by Four Corners producers for this investigation. V'landys ...

Buzz was approached re finances.About the only thing he knows about finance is, how much is a Corona 6 pack at Dan Murphys.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Interesting thoughts from his lengthy interview on 100% footy. Summary from what i remember:

- Expansion: Brisbane needs to be next. Just waiting for a solid business case. Thinks having an odd number of teams is okay. The bye is a good break for players and welfare. Not keen on 'rusted on' AFL states.

- Rule changes: Seems to be pushing for less video referee referrals for trys, potentially eliminating it unless players do a captain's challenge (potentially 2 captains challenges for each side). May give referee 1 chance to use video referee for each game.

- Interchanges: Indicated more fatigue is good. May look to reduce further.

- Rule changes: Likes them, not as worried about score blow outs as main goal was to free and speed up the footy.

- Broadcasters:
  1. Mentioned main feedback from ch9 and Fox was the need for footy to be less robotic and more free flowing. Hint hint ch9 and Fox may have pushed for the recent rule changes. Ratings had been stagnant or declining. Ratings have since increased and is likely to use that to push for ch9 deal
  2. 7 year extension with Fox was key as the main income stream. Allows them to plan ahead and locks in key dividend distributions to clubs. Also allows them to plan for big asset purchases which are not possible without a guaranteed and stable revenue stream. Not looking to invest in stadiums as that asset as it should be non-football assets (doesn't want to end up like AFL whose major asset couldn't generate revenue in COVID)

- Grassroots: Keen to invest more in this but in a smarter way. Also repeated multiple times the need for suburban stadiums and pushing government on this.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could he have insulted all the people doing great work to grow the game in Vic and WA any more? Tosser.

so he’s going to spend more more money on clubs, participation, internationals and assets. Really?

Wish there had been someone on the panel actually asking him some difficult questions and asking him to elaborate on his throw away answers, just lots of nodding dogs.

Reactions: Vee

typicalfan

Coach
My main take was turning the boutique grounds into 5 star facilities, we could have multiple Bankwests or mini versions of them. I imagine to replace the likes of Brookie, Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Kogarah etc

mongoose

Coach
Could he have insulted all the people doing great work to grow the game in Vic and WA any more? Tosser.

so he’s going to spend more more money on clubs, participation, internationals and assets. Really?

Wish there had been someone on the panel actually asking him some difficult questions and asking him to elaborate on his throw away answers, just lots of nodding dogs.

you sure it's V'landys idea or is it the broadcasters who are not keen on expanding to AFL states?

betcats

Referee
Ah yes but those figures that PR mentioned will be available for all to see in an annual report. Why can’t he talk about that when it’s made public? If it vindicates him of course.

The figures already are available. PR has a problem with how they are being interpreted. There isnt going to be some vindication of Greenberg in the annual report mate, the figures for this year will be drastically altered due to the whole Covid lockdown that has happened.