What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News James Graham retires from the NRL

This Year?

Immortal
Thanks Jammer. It's sad that Mary has broken you by playing you for 80 minutes almost every week and I'm ashamed as a Saints fan that we couldn't get you an elusive grand final win.

I will remember you most for the moment when you were trying to calm fans down after the Bulldogs flogging at Jubilee.

Hutty1986

Immortal
A wonderful, tough, gutsy, heart on your sleeve warrior for a long time. Such a shame (and proof there is zero justice in RL) that he never won a NRL comp.

He was only with saints a couple of years, but each and every week he stepped up, taught the young forwards so much, and gave us plenty of steel.

Enjoy your last hurrah in pommyland big fella, and enjoy retirement.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If you have access watch "The Fan" Norman, Frizzel, Vaughan, Merrin give James Graham impressions.

Chimp

Bench
There’s not too many players who are admired and also liked by fans of all
clubs, but Graham is one of those - Clearly he’s been a talent on the pitch, but I think it’s how genuine and honest he is off the pitch that strikes a chord with folk. He’s just a straight up decent fella, loves the game (in its purest brutal form) and doesn’t shirk from sharing his opinion - very little cliche or media training type answers, just answers from the heart, and is usually similar in thought to 90% of the fans.
Top fella.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There’s not too many players who are admired and also liked by fans of all
clubs, but Graham is one of those - Clearly he’s been a talent on the pitch, but I think it’s how genuine and honest he is off the pitch that strikes a chord with folk. He’s just a straight up decent fella, loves the game (in its purest brutal form) and doesn’t shirk from sharing his opinion - very little cliche or media training type answers, just answers from the heart, and is usually similar in thought to 90% of the fans.
Top fella.

I think most fans can cope with players that might not be brilliant as long as they give their all and clearly care if they win or lose. Graham was a warrior and competitor, real old school. Maybe one of the last we see in the modern game.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Tough as nails and huge motor. The before the line ball work the dogs were playing when he first game looked great sometimes.

Guys like lawrie and host at the dragons would have benefited greatly having him around (and then mary gradually coaching them out of whatever it was they learned).

soc123_au

Staff member
The NRL has been better for his involvement. Hard not to like the bloke. I loved when he got in trouble for finger pointing at the refs & he started putting his hands behind his back. You could see how hard it was for him not to gesture, Nothing malicious about his gesturing, just passion.

BennyV

Referee
The NRL has been better for his involvement. Hard not to like the bloke. I loved when he got in trouble for finger pointing at the refs & he started putting his hands behind his back. You could see how hard it was for him not to gesture, Nothing malicious about his gesturing, just passion.
860fefb0cfebf8b5bbe9cadce618efa8

Love it, even though it’s the dogs. Still having his say and blow up but specifically not pointing a finger at the ref. Something so measured about that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Love James Graham - awesome competitor, and a great bloke.

Thanks for the memories, James - you will not be forgotten any time soon.

860fefb0cfebf8b5bbe9cadce618efa8

Love it, even though it’s the dogs. Still having his say and blow up but specifically not pointing a finger at the ref. Something so measured about that.

Absolutely brilliant this. Managed to keep his natural instinct but just added a little curl of the finger so as not to get himself into hot water. Bloody hilarious but it worked.

Vee

First Grade
Such a shame his ball skills were put in the cupboard by hasler. Game as ned kelly without them but so much more dangerous with them.