What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
I just watched it. He didn't really say anything of much substance, just a bunch of cliches - free flowing footy is important, grassroots and participation is important, the international game is important etc etc
Yeah it was mainly niceties but at least he has been getting shit done

- set an ambitious starting date and achieved it
- more entertaining, free flowing footy with fatigue brought back

The whole assets investment thing will take time but at least it's high on the priority list.

betcats

Referee
He is from the classic school of Trump, firming his position by appealing to the plebeians.
Suburban grounds, another brisbane club, clubs to get more money, need to fund Jnrs better, hate on AFL states, blame the games woes on people gone before etc etc. Classic populist politics.
He plays the game well, I'll give him that.

You are so full shit. Appealing to plebians lol does that make you a patrician?

It doesnt matter what he says or does if he isnt interested in Perth you will rubbish him at every given chance. You are as obvious as Rothfield and more agenda driven than he has ever been.

Great decision V’landys!

Definitely needed a second Brisbane team to take another wedge out of the Broncos pie.

As for Perth fans don’t be waiting for the NRL to come to your back yard for a long time to come.

Your old fella will look like a sun dried tomato by the time that day comes.

I guess you can f**k off now Perth Red.

lol.
Whoever designed the Pirates logo has a cheeky sense of humour. The skull in it is symbolic of how old Perth Red will be when a team is finally announced for Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
so may fans lol.
Vlandys pissed off the WA govt who has spent millions on RL, pssed off Cummins who has spent millions suporting Jnr RL and probably pssed off the SA Govt and Voc govt who have also psent millions on RL. But hey its ok as he wants suburban grounds. Bah bah black sheep ......

Yeah that had nothing to do with the club having to pay for all visiting teams flights to Perth.
The club was a basket case, averaging less than 9,000 in 1996 and 1997. Having to pay for visiting teams' flights didn't help, but there's no way they could have survived on crowds below 9,000 without a Leagues Club. Pokies are illegal in WA. The media were not fond of the team and sponsors were hard to find. Players didn't want to relocate.

Interest in the game has gone backwards over there. When NSWRL games were taken to the WACA before the Reds werepart of the development plan of Arthurson and Quayle, crowds of over 20,000 attended. These numbers have dropped considerably for games at the much better venue Perth Oval. The population there is much higher these days so that is an alarming trend.

so may fans lol.
Vlandys pissed off the WA govt who has spent millions on RL, pssed off Cummins who has spent millions suporting Jnr RL and probably pssed off the SA Govt and Voc govt who have also psent millions on RL. But hey its ok as he wants suburban grounds. Bah bah black sheep ......
You cannot even spell the bloke's name correctly. It's Cumins.

Reflector

Juniors
He is from the classic school of Trump, firming his position by appealing to the plebeians.
Suburban grounds, another brisbane club, clubs to get more money, need to fund Jnrs better, hate on AFL states, blame the games woes on people gone before etc etc. Classic populist politics.
He plays the game well, I'll give him that.

When the majority agrees with my opinions, it's because they're commonsense and the minority who disagree are stupid and irrelevant.

But when I'm in the minority, it's because the majority are plebeians who don't know what's best for them.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Andrew Demetriou basically destroyed the AFL by expanding into non-AFL states.

They've wasted 10s of millions of dollars on soulless franchises whose presence has in turn also terminally diluted the quality of the competition.

The effects of their aggressive expansion - driven by huge egos - has sent the AFL into a path of decline. It's been delicious to watch.

Perhaps V'landys has taken heed of this lesson. Hence the decision to consolidate a Rugba League heartland in Brisbane instead.

It's smart. V'landys is no fool. All hail Peter the Great.

If you love rugby league so much, why did you immigrate to a place where it is a minor sport?
I lived there for a couple of years and i know a great deal of ex pat Brits live there. Is that the reason you moved there, to be around other poms? knowing that the best rugby league in the world is on the other side of the country?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you love rugby league so much, why did you immigrate to a place where it is a minor sport?
I lived there for a couple of years and i know a great deal of ex pat Brits live there. Is that the reason you moved there, to be around other poms? knowing that the best rugby league in the world is on the other side of the country?

Great weather, great beaches, cheap houses (back then). Funnily when we decided to come the Reds were still around, oh well can't have everything in life.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When the majority agrees with my opinions, it's because they're commonsense and the minority who disagree are stupid and irrelevant.

But when I'm in the minority, it's because the majority are plebeians who don't know what's best for them.

Now you're getting it :)

Great weather, great beaches, cheap houses (back then). Funnily when we decided to come the Reds were still around, oh well can't have everything in life.
Well why don't you move to Brissie or Sydney?

You would get a good price for your joint.

Maybe you could do us all a favour and go back to the land of the soapdodger and freeze your nuts off.

Latest posts